Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club 2010

Jane Louise

Posted

It's been nearly three months now, so I thought I'd remind myself what a storm looks like.

Saturday 1st May 2010.

Camera :Me

Producer : Me

Editor : Me. (Althought haven't edited anything!)

Director : Me

No CGI involved or harming of animals involved!

Phil.

Edited by Phil UK

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

It's been nearlythree months now, so I thought I'd remind myself what a storm looks like.

Phil.

Don't you whine about three months! It's been FOUR YEARS for me. FOUR YEARS.

Posted

Cheers, much appreciated, Weather09. :p I have one more from July 2009 and that's erm... it!

But this is theoretically a No Storms Club so I won't post it. (Was crap anyway, just a distant CC lightning thing!)

Sammie... ***Hugz*** I want you to... I DEMAND THAT YOU GET THAT STORM!!! + Jane Louise too. I'll hug myself at the same time.

Hey! I like that hug idea. No more storms please! :rofl:

Phil, (Hugging for a while as sod all is happening as yet!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Roll call. roll call!!:)

Are we all still here ?or have we all emigrated to a place that actually does get storms. :whistling:

Anyhow.. does anyone know when the next lot of non existant storms are going to spring upon us storm starved lot?:D

Posted

Judging by current model output, it looks like we'll be waiting a long, long time (:whistling:) before we see any significant convective storm days, as long as high pressure holds firm to our W/SW. May be some showery days over the next week or so, but no thunderstorm potential coming through on the models.

Thank you for the update weather09 :)

Oh well, It looks like we have a long wait until the models decide to pop up with something interesting:rolleyes::D

Let's hope August springs a few suprises. :)

Posted

Judging by current model output, it looks like we'll be waiting a long, long time (:D) before we see any significant convective storm days, as long as high pressure holds firm to our W/SW. May be some showery days over the next week or so, but no thunderstorm potential coming through on the models.

Summer in 2010, the whole truth and nothing but the truth :whistling:

Posted

Judging by current model output, it looks like we'll be waiting a long, long time (:D) before we see any significant convective storm days, as long as high pressure holds firm to our W/SW. May be some showery days over the next week or so, but no thunderstorm potential coming through on the models.

Prob best to start looking at 2011 at his stage , lol :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Hello blue-Zephr welcome to surrey no storms for a year club. 0-:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer, easy really!!

well and so my membership continues. Can't really believe it. One of the stormiest days (if not THE stormiest day) of the year so far and what do I get? A pathetic shower or 2, wasn't even enough to prevent me having to water the plants later on. Some parts north of me have even had flash flooding. Bl**dy typical :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

I'm still in the no storms club. Missed the little bit of thunder Portsmouth had because I was at work in Southampton. Typical - stormy for this region but I missed it (or it missed me). :lol:

Posted

Hi well had a THUNDERSTORM today:yahoo: ok it only lasted fifteen minutes but hey whos complaining:D . See two flashes of lightning,but heard loads of thunder {which is surprising since i am half deaf:blush: }Also had quite alot of hailstones so yeah exciting stuff :D only down side is - does this mean i have to leave the 'No Storm Club'?:cray:

Posted

Good evening, Stingrays4. Welcome to Net-Weather. :p

If the storm was overhead, then Jane Louise and myself will relieve you of your membership.

(Until next time. :D But welcome to return anytime you like. Hopefully not as you'll see an abundance of thunderstorms otherwise.)

So far, I'm disappointed with any storm action. As I said in another thread earlier on today... Only one storm of note, that being Saturday 1st May 2010. Maybe my asking Jane if I could help with this thread wasn't such a bad idea after all.

And speaking of Jane. Just a thought, but how about, given today... A "Yes Storms Club"?

I'll take time out to run it, if with Paul's permission of course. (And you can be the tea and biscuit lady!) :cray: xx

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Hello all still apart of this club, looks like im still here and cloud be for a long time maybe!! I now hope i dont end up spending the whole year in this club, as that would be a first! Not sure if august will deliver here, guess only time will tell!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Hello Folks,

Could you please clarify something for me. I am not sure if I am a member of the No Storms Club or not.

There was a thunderstorm in Sprinfield at about 13.30 hours but I was working in Cambridge and although it rained heavily where I was there was no thunder or lightning. Am I disqualified from the No Storms Club or not?

Please advise

Kind Regards

Dave

Posted

Hiya Stingrays, :)

I agree with Phil, If there's a storm overhead then you can leave this club no problem. Glad you seen something today .:)

Hey Phil, Yes, see if Paul will allow a' Yes Storm club 'as opposed to' The No Storms Club'.:gathering:I and I will be your Tea and biscuit lady lol. :D

But please don't leave me here, I need my tea and biscuit boy lol. Anyway due to the lack of storms, I can see you being in here for a long long time yet. :p

August looks quite poor I think for Storms, Hopefully September will provide us with a storm or two if August dosen't. :cray:

Posted

I won't leave you, Jane. I can diversify. I'll still be your tea boy.

Just means a double shift! ;)

See what Paul thinks otherwise.

Stil no storms for three months> What is the Summer coming to?? ARRRRRGHHHH!!

Phil.

Posted

Hello all still apart of this club, looks like im still here and cloud be for a long time maybe!! I now hope i dont end up spending the whole year in this club, as that would be a first! Not sure if august will deliver here, guess only time will tell!

Hi Deepsnow :)

I think quite a few of us are going to be here for a very long time, ;)

I'm a hoping Late August/September will spring a few suprises on us all. I guess it's just a waiting game at the moment .:cray:

Hello Folks,

Could you please clarify something for me. I am not sure if I am a member of the No Storms Club or not.

There was a thunderstorm in Sprinfield at about 13.30 hours but I was working in Cambridge and although it rained heavily where I was there was no thunder or lightning. Am I disqualified from the No Storms Club or not?

Please advise

Kind Regards

Dave

Hi Dave,:hi:

I'm not sure if Phil agrees, but , I say a storm has to actually be in your home town! What do you say Phil?:)

Posted

No storms here today but i don't care.I was just pleased that the garden got another soaking from some rain this morning,followed by a few heavy showers this afternoon.

Posted

I won't leave you, Jane. I can diversify. I'll still be your tea boy.

Just means a double shift! :hi:

See what Paul thinks otherwise.

Stil no storms for three months> What is the Summer coming to?? ARRRRRGHHHH!!

Phil.

Thank you kind sir for not leaving me here all alone lol:)

Hopefully Paul will agree on your idea.

Summer is boring now, bring back the good old days I say , where Summer was Summer with lots of Storms.;)

No storms here today but i don't care.I was just pleased that the garden got another soaking from some rain this morning,followed by a few heavy showers this afternoon.

Heavy showers are really nice especially when the garden needs it :) Still some time to go yet for a storm or two :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!
quote name='Jane Louise' date='04 August 2010 - 21:25 ' timestamp='1280957129' post='1847395']

I think quite a few of us are going to be here for a very long time, ;)

I'm a hoping Late August/September will spring a few suprises on us all. I guess it's just a waiting game at the moment .:hi:

[

Well lets hope it dont take the micky and take too long :) lol, I am away in south west wales for 3 days in october with a geog trip so knowing my luck, something will happen when im not here!!:cray:

Edited by Deepsnow

Posted

Heavy showers are really nice especially when the garden needs it :) Still some time to go yet for a storm or two ;)

yep.I think it was monday evening when my area got lucky with some heavy showers,and more rain today.The grass is fully green again at long last :cray::hi:

Posted

Good luck to all of those in here who haven't got a storm yet! I got my first one today, I'll be sending any other storms your ways! :cray:;)

Awww, thanks saint! Glad you got one. :hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Hello blue-Zephr welcome to surrey no storms for a year club. 0-:

Hi Nimbilus,

Well, I'm not sure if I would be a valid member, as today in Croydon (my place of work) we had a couple of rumbles of thunder and flashes of lightning - nothing major, a feeble showing but nonetheless it would exclude me from this club!! ;)

So which part of North Surrey do you hail from?

BZ

Posted

I think quite a few of us are going to be here for a very long time, :cray:

I'm a hoping Late August/September will spring a few suprises on us all. I guess it's just a waiting game at the moment .:hi:

Hi Dave,:)

I'm not sure if Phil agrees, but , I say a storm has to actually be in your home town! What do you say Phil?:)

No member issue agrees, Jane. (And besides, you do not need my permission to ask, but if overhead, then it theoretically counts... Cup of tea and a biscuit, Dave? Pull up a chair and join us.) :)

Phil. (Jane is the boss!;) )

Edited by Phil UK