Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 7

Posted
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich

This thread is very quiet. Lovely covering outside here in Rollesby and snowing again!

Posted

Went out this morning about 8am (ran out of milk!!) and it was bitterly cold, car temp read -2c, was a very pretty frost on the cars and what looked like snow on the window seals, but was literally only a few flakes on each car. Beautifully sunny here, but cold cold cold!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

Morning everyone,

We also had a dusting here in St. Ives overnight. While driving my 29 and 30 routes yesterday, I saw some lovely CBs producing snow showers off to my North East :lol:.

Edited by we1330

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Morning everyone

Cant belive that when i got up and 6.20am there was a nice dusting of snowyahoo.gif

Really didnt think we would get any because it was so clear before i went to bed.

Now we have lovely blue skies and the current temp is -2c. cold.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Dusting of snow here....I had assumed while in bed that the cries of "it's white outside" were just down to the frost!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

A light dusting of snow this morning but i think its very doubtful that we will get anymore today given the wind direction

Posted

One of the sunniest days in months IMO, about 99% clear sky, the other 1% being a small cloud to my North East. The snow has disappeared where the sun has come out. In the shade it remains there. A sunny few days I suspect. Still model watching for the potential South Easterly/Easterly/North Easterly towards the end of next week. Oh and its my 1,000 post lol :blink:

Posted

Congratulations on the 1000 snowman. drinks.gif

Here the snow is gradually melting although it has been flattened to sheet ice on the roads.

Wonder if there is more to come, as the forecasts appear to say early tomorrow morning again?

Otherwise it is quite bright here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Judging by the GFS precipitation charts early Monday is a slight possibility, and there may be scattered snow showers over southern parts of the region tomorrow afternoon. Otherwise we might get a renewed northerly on Wednesday but that's only if GFS/ECM come off, UKMO goes for a westerly.

There has been a partial thaw in the sun today in Norwich but still more than 50% cover even where the sun has been shining on it all day. The air temperature rose to about 3C which aided the thaw process.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Hi Everyone (& well done Snowman on your 1000th),

Had a really lovely winters day here, woke to a frost and a sprinkle of powder snow.

It's been blue sky and sunshine all the way today, if we can't have snow then this is an excellent 2nd best IMO.

Posted

Whats it going to be? the GFS or the UKMO.cc_confused.gif

If the GFS comes off we could be(trying) to get to work through high cm of snow.

If the UKMO come off we will need kayaks to get there.laugh.gif

Never seen 2 models disagree so muchcrazy.gif

Posted

Whats it going to be? the GFS or the UKMO.cc_confused.gif

If the GFS comes off we could be(trying) to get to work through high cm of snow.

If the UKMO come off we will need kayaks to get there.laugh.gif

Never seen 2 models disagree so much:crazy:

ECM should clear things up a bit later :)

Posted

Oooh I wish I understood more, I can see from the model thread that something is occuring but I dont know what! can someone please explain what may be hapening and when please, Thanks

Posted

Oooh I wish I understood more, I can see from the model thread that something is occuring but I dont know what! can someone please explain what may be hapening and when please, Thanks

Well the UKMO model shows later next week mild Southwesterlies. But it is isolated. GFS shows a very cold and bitter Easterly/South Easterly. The other main model, ECM is currently inbetween, but the next ECM is due out in the next hour or so. The smaller models go for what GFS thinks, maybe a couple a little warmer, but still cold. If GFS did prove to be correct, it will be cold again from next Thursday. We will wait and see.:)

Posted

ECM is not that great diablo.gif

inbetween, but looks like the south westerlies are reaching our shores in the near future.

Never rule out the Atlantic... if the easterly holds 3 Kings, the Atlantic will have 3 Aces.wallbash.gif

Edit : by mid week temps will be in double figures.wallbash.gif

Edited by Lancs_Northants

Posted

Game set and match UKMO and ECM.

Will only need a t-shirt for work..:crazy:

Oh well, probably going to be mild for at least 2 weeks or so! :(

What I was trying to say on the model thread that it is only one run, and there is some much uncertainty that Im sure there will be changes tomorrow morning

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted

Oh well, probably going to be mild for at least 2 weeks or so! laugh.gif

What I was trying to say on the model thread that it is only one run, and there is some much uncertainty that Im sure there will be changes tomorrow morning

Sorry mate, but the cold December and january will be a memory, Feb looks like being +9 and rising.

Posted

Lancs_northants.. I think it may be 1-0 to the Cobblers.. a little birdie tells me you guys had snow overnight last night!!! Naff all in Peterborough!! hheehhe

Edited by Mrsf16

Posted

Lancs_northants.. I think it may be 1-0 to the Cobblers.. a little birdie tells me you guys had snow overnight last night!!! Naff all in Peterborough!! hheehhe

Woke up to no dusting ......