London And Southeast - Cold Spell Discussion

Paul

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Morning all, happy for those of you that have snow alreadyclap.gif

Bitterly cold here today, that wind is something elsecold.gif a few little snow flurries showing up here but I don't think they are going to amopunt to much.

Off to see how the model thread are doing this morning, enjoy the day everyone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool and dry

This is the general idea of the models red being the highest risk

25s1o38.jpg

I feel eastbourne will be too far west and south !

I notice you've put a red line straight through your house Neil. Those lines seem pretty thin Neil, surely the showers will be more widespread than that :cold:

Posted

Just about as local as you can get, this 'event'. Do hope that those progged areas for later actually get something half decent. Anyone know where Trossley Country Park is? Dartford way? What's the forecast there from this evening thru sat, anyone know, haven't time to look?

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

I notice you've put a red line straight through your house Neil. Those lines seem pretty thin Neil, surely the showers will be more widespread than that :D

:cold: Cheeky :D

That's just the general direction , i might be way off... Could just be that dover gets it :D

Posted

Snowing in the city (square mile)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

First beefy shower making its way SW, should be hitting me in the next 10 mins according to Net Weather radar. All snow too as the precip radar reports.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

apparently Maidstone has a blizzard at the mo..... no my words GF's so take with pinch of salt..... but radar does confirm heavy shower heading south south west

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

A wee dusting here this morning, the wind is noticeable today, quite a marked wind chill.

Looking at NAE, only east Kent getting the more persistent snow showers, GFS a little more widespread.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

That's definitely the definition of localised!! Half a county, lol.

Snowing here in London, albeit a flurry. London radio stations talking of more snow arriving from lunchtime onwards, though edging towards Kent receiving the worst snow. Apparently, Medway was picked out as a potential hotspot on GMTV this morning, though judging by neilsouth's little chart Medway will not be as badly affected.

Will be interesting to watch proceedings.

Posted

Just about as local as you can get, this 'event'. Do hope that those progged areas for later actually get something half decent. Anyone know where Trossley Country Park is? Dartford way? What's the forecast there from this evening thru sat, anyone know, haven't time to look?

yeah used to live next to it, come off at wrotham hill m20 take the road a227 i think towards gravesend, turn into vigo village about 5 mins drive from motorway exit. enter thru there

Posted

1c and snowing in Staplecross (East Sussex / Kent border) for the last 15 minutes or so. Trying to settle. Waiting for the schools to close again - expecting to see the boy shortly...

Posted

Hmmmm, lovely Nazaneen didn't really suggest anything of any note for tonight on the local BBC forecast. Although I'm not sure she is actually a real weather forecastor...but I'll let her off

This could ever so easily be another extreme east Kent affair with most of the showers pushing through the channel and onto that sticky up bit in France which always seems to take a real battering in a north easterly

Posted

just put the bins out and wow heavy snow appeared and laid almost instantly, when the wind picked up it was almost blizzard like. Was'nt expecting anything this soon.

Posted

yeah used to live next to it, come off at wrotham hill m20 take the road a227 i think towards gravesend, turn into vigo village about 5 mins drive from motorway exit. enter thru there

Do be aware that it isn't spelt like that, its actually spelt Trottiscliffe!

No, I've never understood it either

Posted

There s a dusting of snow here in Dover, very patchy at the moment, but it looks like a lot more on the way!

Posted

Hmmmm, lovely Nazaneen didn't really suggest anything of any note for tonight on the local BBC forecast. Although I'm not sure she is actually a real weather forecastor...but I'll let her off

This could ever so easily be another extreme east Kent affair with most of the showers pushing through the channel and onto that sticky up bit in France which always seems to take a real battering in a north easterly

if they get it wrong for kent it will be the most overhyped dud ever. i do however think that east kent will get a brief pasting, east north downs especially. as for france, do you mean cherbourg?

Posted

Do be aware that it isn't spelt like that, its actually spelt Trottiscliffe!

No, I've never understood it either

lol! yeah i know the village at the bottom of the hill is called trottiscliffe but the park itself is trosley...v strange!

Posted

lol! yeah i know the village at the bottom of the hill is called trottiscliffe but the park itself is trosley...v strange!

That is very weird, I didn't know that...although the people who live there are very weird as well and get very irate when you pronounce it wrong

Anyhoo, back to the weather I'm going to assume the worst and then everything is a bonus...

Posted

That is very weird, I didn't know that...although the people who live there are very weird as well and get very irate when you pronounce it wrong

Anyhoo, back to the weather I'm going to assume the worst and then everything is a bonus...

:clap: true!