Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

London And Southeast Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

I'll be in, for a short while. Was thinking of hopping in bed. Just realised I had not pre-heated the room. I can't sleep when its 9 celsius in there! lol. So got 3 heaters in there to warm it up. Snows stopped here for the moment. But wind is whipping snow everywhere, footprints quickly covered etc.

Just spotted this novel use of the snow outside, wonder if they accepted:

That slightly lumpy area of snow on the beach, thats my snow angel, which has almost been covered already by the blown snow. :D

:good: Some great pictures earlier from you Snowgirl, yes the wind is realy picking it up now and moving it into drifts, quite incredible realy.

More than i expected from this event, even though it was clear the extreme SE was favoured. Wind chill must be something like -8c

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

get some pics tamara biggrin.gif

I will get my camera into the action in the morning - I'm not really placed to be taking pics at my window lol! The neighbours are still up and looking out of their window lol! Might look a bit strange with a camera pointing towards themcrazy.gif

Posted

It's really come down again and I just looked out the back because the wind is blowing the snow everywhere and not laying it out evenly like with gentle snow, you can't tell where the footpath ends and the road starts!. :good:

Posted

So got 3 heaters in there to warm it up

Three heaters? :good:

my first post on here but been on site for a while now

just started snowing again and could be a bit more going by radars

if it does not peter out.

are you still on snowbob?

Welcome to the forum John :D

Posted

I will get my camera into the action in the morning - I'm not really placed to be taking pics at my window lol! The neighbours are still up and looking out of their window lol! Might look a bit strange with a camera pointing towards themcrazy.gif

:good:

Posted

Well I thought I'd speed it up you see. :D There's actually a storage heater on the wall and I have two fan heaters in there too. It's already cosy. Only problem is now I don't want to sleep because it's snowing. But then do I watch it now and lie in, or get up early with not much sleep to see what we've had. Hm decisions decisions.

I'm pleased you're getting a good pasting. It makes my 1.5cm covering seem a bit pathetic laugh.gif

I'm not sure how much snow cover has been added by this fall in the last half hour or so, but the wheelie bin looks like it has a good few cms added in a very short time!

At least you have some snow Brian - you may do better next week!good.gif

Posted

Welcome to the forum John :D

thanks for the welcome

enjoy your snow in kent

metoffice radar looks like showers

pushing slightly further inland so

might get some more here soon

got to go to bed as have to be up early

night all

Posted

Well I thought I'd speed it up you see. laugh.gif There's actually a storage heater on the wall and I have two fan heaters in there too. It's already cosy. Only problem is now I don't want to sleep because it's snowing. But then do I watch it now and lie in, or get up early with not much sleep to see what we've had. Hm decisions decisions.

go to bed!!! :D:good:

smile.gif

Edited by MAF

Well I thought I'd speed it up you see. laugh.gif There's actually a storage heater on the wall and I have two fan heaters in there too. It's already cosy. Only problem is now I don't want to sleep because it's snowing. But then do I watch it now and lie in, or get up early with not much sleep to see what we've had. Hm decisions decisions.

The heating went off in my house on the timer about 9.30pm!

I have a thick wooly white jumper on which is keeping me warm, and still have my scarf on after chasing my cat indoors when the heavy snow came a bit earlier!

Snow has slowed down now - just slight again now. But that was soo much fun!!biggrin.gif

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted

cold.gif Some great pictures earlier from you Snowgirl, yes the wind is realy picking it up now and moving it into drifts, quite incredible realy.

More than i expected from this event, even though it was clear the extreme SE was favoured. Wind chill must be something like -8c

Indeed, thats what your local station is showing now -8c windchill. A mere -4c here in NW London. Ive got friends living in Fairlight, any idea what the conditions are like there sunnijim ?

Posted

I'm not sure how much snow cover has been added by this fall in the last half hour or so, but the wheelie bin looks like it has a good few cms added in a very short time!

At least you have some snow Brian - you may do better next week!good.gif

Yeh, I have a feeling that next week could be very interesting. I've done pretty well this winter, anyway, so I'm not too desperate.

Why do the best snowfalls seem to happen at night? It's frustrating when you can't decide whether to go to bed or stay up

Yeh, I have a feeling that next week could be very interesting. I've done pretty well this winter, anyway, so I'm not too desperate.

Why do the best snowfalls seem to happen at night? It's frustrating when you can't decide whether to go to bed or stay up

I really have to go to bed, but it is fun on here and even more fun out there!!laugh.gif

Snow is getting heavy once again!!

Posted

Indeed, thats what your local station is showing now -8c windchill. A mere -4c here in NW London. Ive got friends living in Fairlight, any idea what the conditions are like there sunnijim ?

:good: Hi, My mum is out at Fairlight. Lower waites lane if you know it? Anyway, up on Battery hill and Fairlight road the snow has blown into drifts, almost cutting the village off. If it carrys on like this all night they will be cut off out there. Only a 4x4 Could reach it now tbh.

Posted

I really have to go to bed, but it is fun on here and even more fun out there!!laugh.gif

Snow is getting heavy once again!!

Yeh me too, hope you wake up to some nice disruption :good:

Night all :D

smile.gif Hi, My mum is out at Fairlight. Lower waites lane if you know it? Anyway, up on Battery hill and Fairlight road the snow has blown into drifts, almost cutting the village off. If it carrys on like this all night they will be cut off out there. Only a 4x4 Could reach it now tbh.

The falling snow is now meeting the lying snow and the wind has risen further and is whipping it all up into white blowing sheets! Amazing night!

Posted

smile.gif Hi, My mum is out at Fairlight. Lower waites lane if you know it? Anyway, up on Battery hill and Fairlight road the snow has blown into drifts, almost cutting the village off. If it carrys on like this all night they will be cut off out there. Only a 4x4 Could reach it now tbh.

Hi sunnijim. Thanks for the reply. Yeh I know Waites Lane. Know Battery Hill as well. My friends live on Farley Way, as luck would have it they do have a 4x4 !

Posted

Yeh me too, hope you wake up to some nice disruption laugh.gif

Night all biggrin.gif

night Bri

The falling snow is now meeting the lying snow and the wind has risen further and is whipping it all up into white blowing sheets! Amazing night!

sounds great tamara. shame those showers are missing london

Posted

go to bed!!! :D :D

smile.gif

Yes you're right I should. :D

Parting photo, had to tone the colours a bit to pick it up but the sky towards Folkestone with snow and streetlight reflections looked like it was on fire!.

Night all enjoy the snow! :good:

Posted

:D:good: it has sent me rather manic, the pure adrenalin of this whole affair is keeping me awake, i can hardly believe my eyes when i go outside.

Definatly the best of winter 09/10 so far here, if only because of the blowing snow,added to an already heady mix.

Posted

Yes you're right I should. biggrin.gif

Parting photo, had to tone the colours a bit to pick it up but the sky towards Folkestone with snow and streetlight reflections looked like it was on fire!.

Night all enjoy the snow! cold.gif

curtains of snow picked up well there SC smile.gif

night night smile.gif

night to you too Tamara :good:

Edited by MAF