Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

London And Southeast Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Its been snowing very hard with very strong winds,its been that heavy that its hard to see the car park lights just outside.I have to drive home from Sandwich (work) at 06:30 so if anyone is using the Thanet way in the early hours and you log on this site I would be grateful for an update.

Posted

Just briefly woken up, and what do I find.... :good:

Beautiful. Tomorrow is going to be entertaining, whereas last time we didn't truly het much snow, this time we've got quite a bit more!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

The blooming showers just keep skirting me!

The next little clump heading into NW London now is going to miss me again by a matter of a mile or so, as is the clump following behind!!!!

Doing my ruddy head in, want at least a full dusting here. Not too much to ask is it? :good:

EDIT: By hey, you folks out East (and NW of me right now) enjoy it!!!!

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted

The blooming showers just keep skirting me!

The next little clump heading into NW London now is going to miss me again by a matter of a mile or so, as is the clump following behind!!!!

Doing my ruddy head in, want at least a full dusting here. Not too much to ask is it? unknw.gif

EDIT: By hey, you folks out East (and NW of me right now) enjoy it!!!!

yep i keep seeing any showers missing me here in Traf Square, so close yet so far :D:good:

Posted

yep i keep seeing any showers missing me here in Traf Square, so close yet so far :D:good:

Yup, it is so frustrating, and it seems weird that such small geographical barriers such as Hampstead Heath can actually be so effective in diverting ppn away from us here in the middle of the capital.

Posted

Yup, it is so frustrating, and it seems weird that such small geographical barriers such as Hampstead Heath can actually be so effective in diverting ppn away from us here in the middle of the capital.

i blame the Thames (snow) Barrier :good:

Posted

Surely that next batch of showers currently over Cambs on the NW radar is on course to hit us in central London?

The next two or three runs should tell us, but it does actually seem to be building slightly, while the wind here has suddenly picked up...Famous last words eh?

Fingers, toes and eyes crossed eh MAF?

i blame the Thames (snow) Barrier :good:

What I'd give for an ENE wind right now. That would be perfect for us.

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted

yeah i was thinking that a change in wind would do us a favour. shame the nights showers stayed too south for us. still plenty of showers driving in, so, as you say, everything crossed some may come our way :good:

Posted

The batch heading down from Cambridge is doing well right now, building ever so slightly and, unless it goes completely Ti*s-up, then it is sure to hit us, just how much is yet to be seen, but I am definitely staying up for a look now, even though I am dead on my feet.

EDIT: Surprise, surprise...It looks like it is going to miss us (Me and MAF that is) *&^%^&**&^%effingpoodles!

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted

It seems that my reverse psychology might be working...We may get a shower soon Mick!

EDIT: No, got that completely wrong, nothing for central London for the foreseeable future, so bedtime for me.

Night all (if there is anyone else stupid/unlucky enough to be awake still)!

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

What on earth am i doing up at this time? Funny how i wake so early when theres a possibility of snow. Anyway i peeped outside half an hour ago and wahoo! plenty of heavy snow! A good few cm here, nicely covering everything and like others earlier have said wind blowing it about a fair amount too!

Edit: Well i HAD to go out in it! now im back in its started getting heavier and covering my footprints back up. I tried taking a few photos but unfortunately my phone has not got a flash, looks lovely though :-)

Edited by jasonuk

Posted

Sorry about the quality!

post-157-12658650868217_thumb.jpg

Posted

Absolutely crazy thunder snow here in Dover, Everything is covered thick and it's now drifting... looks like we've got our 6" and it's still snowing!

Thunder woke me up from my beauty sleep lol.Never heard so much thunder with snow to be honest.

Edited by Updraft

Posted

Can confirm the thundersnow - another flash as I write. Never believed it existed. It does. I doff my cap. A sensational night and the radar keeps it coming. Could be a long day.

Posted

wow, havent seen this much snow here since the 80s, 6" here to with thunder snow, i got 12" snow drift up to the back door

Posted

Damn, i want thundersnow!

Well it is still snowing fairly heavily, but somehow now im jealous of you in kent, havnt seen thundersnow since a kid. All good as i like to say.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool and dry

Toddlers!! Who needs an alarm clock?

Got about 4 inches here of level, but the drifts are over a foot. Its piled up against the patio doors so much I doubt I'll be able to open them.

Can anyone confirm the depth and conditions in Deal as my wife is meant to be running a physio class there this morning. Thanks in advance

Looking at the radar that smegging place in France that sticks up has taken another battering over night. They must have had about forty foot of snow this winter....

Edited by Snow Schmow

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

wow, havent seen this much snow here since the 80s, 6" here to with thunder snow, i got 12" snow drift up to the back door

:) yes, pushing toward 7 inches i would say, and the biggest snowfall since the 1988s here.

almost 14 hrs of near continous heavy snow now and still going. Winds are gale force, there must be huge drifts...no thundersnow here yet, but musnt be gready!

Posted

Got about 4 inches here of level, but the drifts are over a foot. Its piled up against the patio doors so much I doubt I'll be able to open them.

Can anyone confirm the depth and conditions in Deal as my wife is meant to be running a physio class there this morning. Thanks in advance

Looking at the radar that smegging place in France that sticks up has taken another battering over night. They must have had about forty foot of snow this winter....

snowschmow. been a lurcher for a while but never brave enough to write anything.

just heard my business is closed in Deal and it never closes so must be bad out that way. doubt your wife will get to deal this morning. bbc presenter at A2 in Dover was getting blown all over the place!

Posted

around 6" of snow, just said on radio kent the roads around sandwich are very bad