Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And Southeast Cold Spell Discussion

Guest FireStorm

Here in North east essex we currently have heavy snow falling!

Accurate radar then - excellent

just got the nw radar subscription (again).. looking very nice in the north sea for showers.

Good to see you spotted the larger mass following the current showers too neil, i feel more sane

Posted

Just had another heavy burst - wierd question but what kind of snow is everyone else getting? All the showers since nightfall have started off with huge balls of graupel that then progress to fluffy flakes...not too fussed as it's all adding to the totals. All the daytime snow fell as fluffy flakes...

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

cold.gif

This is classic stuff it has to be said, right up there with any snow event in my lifetime. If we forget that it will probably will have melted by this time Friday. As you say, must just enjoy the moment, which i am doing, matchsticks propping eyelids open tonight i think shok.gif

This has been such a good winter - snowfalls and good accumulations from 16th to 21st Dec. Then dustings of snow on New Years Eve/Day and 2nd Jan which stuck around till the next snow....which was about 3 inches of snow on 6 Jan followed by a huge freeze and more snow showers on 7/8 January. Sat 9th was an 'all dayer of continuous heavy snow from a streamer off the North Sea and by the end of the day the total accumulations were over 20cms. The snow stuck around then till a top up of 3 or 4cms on the 13th Jan before a thaw finally followed. A bit of sleety snow snow since then and now today these amazing snow showers!

Not bad at all for up to the first half of Feb!biggrin.gif

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Just had a mini blizzard all of 20mins :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Dover is going to get slammed :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

Not had a flake here since this afternoon , everything too east for me.

Posted

I couldn't resist going out for a walk in the snow with my camera and it was even better than I imagined!

I think we were in a sweet spot here. So far this evening about 2 inches in most places, with 3 to 4 inches laying on the beach. I went on the beach where the snow hadn't been touched and looked out. Standing there it was like being in the Artic, looking ahead with snow as far as the eye could see as the wind gusted and swirled and eddied the snow over the lying snow like sand dunes. Couldn't make a snowball, the snow was too dry and powdery and stuck to my glove.

I walked over to the edge of the beach where it drops towards the shoreline and the wind had drifted the snow into a great drift all the way down the beach of 6 inches deep. :p So I ran through it all!. :cray: Then it started snowing again.

Absolutely amazing experience. :clap: Now just waiting for my fingers to regain warmth!.

Photos:

Posted

It is also better late than never to witness another snow flurry here again finally!- it seems like an eternity since the last one about 4.5 hours ago...

Sssshhhh! Wee will get upset that its snowed now she has gone to bed :(

I couldn't resist going out for a walk in the snow with my camera and it was even better than I imagined!

I think we were in a sweet spot here. So far this evening about 2 inches in most places, with 3 to 4 inches laying on the beach. I went on the beach where the snow hadn't been touched and looked out. Standing there it was like being in the Artic, looking ahead with snow as far as the eye could see as the wind gusted and swirled and eddied the snow over the lying snow like sand dunes. Couldn't make a snowball, the snow was too dry and powdery and stuck to my glove.

I walked over to the edge of the beach where it drops towards the shoreline and the wind had drifted the snow into a great drift all the way down the beach of 6 inches deep. shok.gif So I ran through it all!. yahoo.gif Then it started snowing again.

Absolutely amazing experience. drinks.gif Now just waiting for my fingers to regain warmth!.

love the snow angel :)

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

I walked over to the edge of the beach where it drops towards the shoreline and the wind had drifted the snow into a great drift all the way down the beach of 6 inches deep. shok.gif So I ran through it all!. yahoo.gif Then it started snowing again.

Absolutely amazing experience. drinks.gif Now just waiting for my fingers to regain warmth!.

Photos:

Lovely photossmile.gif

This snow IS gorgeous quality!! Really crunchy and dry!

If I hadn't been busy I would have dragged the mob out with me earlier tonight to have a play as well!

Posted

That's very inviting snow you've got there Snow Cat. I'm not surprised you were tempted into walking through it. I'm not sure whether it's your pictures, but the snow looks softer than usual. It's almost like shaving foam. Are you sure you don't have one of those snow machines? :(

Posted

That's very inviting snow you've got there Snow Cat. I'm not surprised you were tempted into walking through it. I'm not sure whether it's your pictures, but the snow looks softer than usual. It's almost like shaving foam. Are you sure you don't have one of those snow machines? :)

It was extremely powdery and wouldnt stick, very difficult getting the mini snowman to stay together!. Walking on the beach was strange due to the wind blown snow, you would walk along in 2 inches and then go to bare stonesthen your foot sinking into 3 or 6 inches and so on. So much fun though. :( And my fingers still haven't warmed up! :)

Posted

It was extremely powdery and wouldnt stick, very difficult getting the mini snowman to stay together!. Walking on the beach was strange due to the wind blown snow, you would walk along in 2 inches and then go to bare stonesthen your foot sinking into 3 or 6 inches and so on. So much fun though. :) And my fingers still haven't warmed up! :)

Hi again, I was just wondering whether you've thought about posting your pictures in the Gallery as well? It would be ashame if those who don't venure into this thread missed them. The link is here if you want it http://forum.netweather.tv/gallery/ :(

Posted

Great pictures Snow Cat. Just a few flakes here throughout the day. Probably just as well cause Im not sure I could have survived the almost constant 'whiteouts' and 'blizzards' that seem to have been reported for most of the day in other parts of Kent whistling.gif

Posted

I was just wondering whether you've thought about posting your pictures in the Gallery as well?

I'll have a look!.

Great pictures Snow Cat. Just a few flakes here throughout the day. Probably just as well cause Im not sure I could have survived the almost constant 'whiteouts' and 'blizzards' that seem to have been reported for most of the day in other parts of Kent whistling.gif

Yeah it's a tough life, but I'll gladly take that heavy burden of having to trudge through snow lol. :(

Posted

Light but very large flakes here in new morden Surrey.drinks.gif

Same here with more to come :(

Posted

Its coming down thick and fast in Ramsgate, drifting in the wind, beautiful, hopefully it will continue through the night and the people of Thanet wake up to a foot...dream on lol! : ) Hope them showers get pushed far inland so anyone who's missed out might wake up to at least a dusting.

Edited by dan dan

Posted

very dry light snow falling in a strong bitingly cold wind. about 2cm on the ground temps risen from -2.4c to -1.1c which must mean cloud cover and more snow to come. Time to turn in but what a winter . Dec/Jan/Feb laying snow- cant remember when that has happened even in the seventies and eighties. :(

Posted

Im not too sure yamkin most showers are either moving just south off us or fading before they hit us which gives a few flakes cannot see anything to big about to hit us tbh mate.

Only said more to come which is the case. Nothing big snow-wise from any of my posts apart from one heavy shower earlier in the evening.

Posted

Lovely pics of Hythe.

I remember going there in the 90's, a hotel on the front. It was a very hot weekend oddly enough.

It was a works thing and we went over to France and it was my Job to entertain the wives and girlfriends. Had a dreadful time, lunch, drinks duty free etc.

I remember the Hotel had great Gardens, tennis etc, but it was too hot to stay in the Sun for some.

Sun? warmth? almost every summer in the 90's. Oh those were the days.

Oh and I was young too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

P.S. We have a covering here, one downpour of Snow at around 5pm then another around 7.

Not enough for Snow angels though! lol

Edited by cj114