Hot?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Is it just me, or are they pepping up as they move in???

[/quote

I was just looking at that, i think your'e right on that biggrin.gif

blush.gif not got the hang of this posting lol.blush.gif

Edited by Cashy Cornwall

Posted

I was just looking at that, i think your'e right on that biggrin.gif

Looks like there's a nice little band gonna hit Cornwall within the next hour or so!...

Posted

i hope they make it this far lol temps here are 0.c not sure of dp's

the small showers comin into the channel look as though they are peppin up a bit

i know im not from the sw region but id just be talkin to myself in the s/c thread lol

Edited by coxxy22

Posted

the small showers comin into the channel look as though they are peppin up a bit

i know im not from the sw region but id just be talkin to myself in the s/c thread lol

Welcome drinks.gif

Posted

Welcome! We're all pretty chilled in here! Drink up zee zider, for tonite u'll merry be!drinks.gif

Posted

Yep... Fingers crossed! drinks.gif

Have you looked at the rain today radar,it's showing everything at the moment,rain,sleet,snow and freezing rain Doh!!!!wallbash.gif

Posted

Welcome! We're all pretty chilled in here! Drink up zee zider, for tonite u'll merry be!drinks.gif

Finished the cider... :yahoo:

Moved on to the beer left over from Christmas! :)

Posted

Have you looked at the rain today radar,it's showing everything at the moment,rain,sleet,snow and freezing rain Doh!!!!wallbash.gif

Just watched weather on news24. Doesn't look great for us. But thru' Midlands and into E and NE England for tomorrow morning, large area of snow.

Monday's event - the north of the wider SW region right on edge of snow band - Glos may get lucky though on Monday.

EDIT: Actually supping guinness tonite, preceded by a Cobra lager drunk with the curry!

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted

Just had a look, but I don't know how to change the radar to "Precip. Type"...

Do you have to subscribe to it?..

Posted

Just watched weather on news24. Doesn't look great for us. But thru' Midlands and into E and NE England for tomorrow morning, large area of snow.

Monday's event - the north of the wider SW region right on edge of snow band - Glos may get lucky though on Monday.

I think we may get the odd shower now but thats it,nothing here last nightwallbash.gif A few surrounding area's had it but thats it wacko.gif

Posted

Welcome drinks.gif

NAE has a rain-sleet-snow combo for these tonight, with the WBFL at ca. 600m across much of thhe West Country southwards of the Mouth of the Severn, but the current DP's are low enough to offer snow across many areas. But either way, despite any temporary snow issues, it's the ice risk tonight that really grabs attention and cannot be overstated. That includes the entire SW Peninsula. Last time we saw this sort of set-up a few weeks ago in Cornwall, it resulted in a fatal coach crash. The snow risk is actually almost irrelevant for most of the SW tonight (in terms of any significant falls) albeit looks lively into the early hours for parts of Glos and north of M4 up into Oxon etc.

Posted

Just had a look, but I don't know how to change the radar to "Precip. Type"...

Do you have to subscribe to it?..

Yes you have to.oops.gif Sorry about that!!

Posted

NAE has a rain-sleet-snow combo for these tonight, with the WBFL at ca. 600m across much of thhe West Country southwards of the Mouth of the Severn, but the current DP's are low enough to offer snow across many areas. But either way, despite any temporary snow issues, it's the ice risk tonight that really grabs attention and cannot be overstated. That includes the entire SW Peninsula. Last time we saw this sort of set-up a few weeks ago in Cornwall, it resulted in a fatal coach crash. The snow risk is actually almost irrelevant for most of the SW tonight (in terms of any significant falls) albeit looks lively into the early hours for parts of Glos and north of M4 up into Oxon etc.

There it is, that M4 ruining it for us further South again!

I'm gonna turf over the ruddy thing!

Posted

Ian,sorry for hijacking the SW thread but i'd love to hear what you think of South Wales chances of snow overnight?

Posted

Thanks for the update Ian. That damned M4 again...eh?!

The south west does seem to be in a kinda 'transitional' period now from cold to less cold; a general trend for winter to 'morph' into spring.

Posted

I just ran-through the night's timeline of PPN type prediction using the UKMO's high-res model; it wants to keep it as rain but changes readily to snow over Exmoor by 0100hrs (and then rain again across lowland Somerset). I'm not totally convinced the (majority) rain bias is correct; some of you could see some wintry flavour more widely, I suspect. But hey, we'll await the next set of obs.

Posted

It is very cold out there! cold.gif I can see ice being the issue tomorrow morning. No snow though please, just warmer temperatures throughout the week would be great.

I needed to de-ice my car just now, such a shame I didn't remember throwing the empty can in the back of the car the last time I used it! Cut to moaning old people shivering whilst the blowers did their magic. That's my last good deed!

Oh, it is me, not my daughter!

Edited by dancing daisy

Posted

Can anyone confirm in Cornwall if it is actually snowing???...

Ah!... Oh well... I'll just have to stick to the NW one then for precip. type!

post-11072-12667036536317_thumb.png