Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Temps on the way down 2c DP 1c

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Small, snizzly snowflakes atm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

snowing in Wrexham ATM about 15 miles to my SW

C.S

Posted

Hi,

Yes seems to be a good sign for me here in Liverpool. Looking at the radar thier does seem to be the possibility of some of the heavier stuff currently over the Midlands making it this far north late on tonight should that readily turn to snow with evaporative cooling? Also does the fact that it is now after dark make the situation wrt snow less marginal? Also what is the situation on the snow event on Friday/Saturday for my part of the world I think some models where putting us in line for it is the precipitation expected to arrive overnight (therefore making it less marginal).

Anyway with all these snow chances I would be surprised if we did not get a least one more covering of snow before winter is out do you agree?

If it is marginal here it would be surprising because the wind is coming from a southerly direction and doesn't appear to be coming of the Irish Sea (bringing less chance of warm sea modification) so looking at that I would not consider it to be any more marginal than places further south that have had snow at low level what do you think?

Luke

Posted

Hmmmmmm dry and frosty here :D, Temp -1 dew -2.

light and constant rain here :( Very wet indeed, but not all bad, its the first real 'weather' we have had in awhile rather than murk.

Posted

Hi,

Does anyone around me know what thier current DP is? is it possible it could turn to snow later? Especially if some if the heavier stuff makes it up this way. Surprising it is marginal considering what they have had further south of here.

Luke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Looks like drizzle it's so fine here, not settling in fact it looks as if it's melting what little snow we already have! lol

Edited by James M

Posted

Evening. Woke up to a slight covering this morning on all surfaces which had gone by about half 9ish but still quite a bit over the tops on the fields. Started raining here pretty heavy earlier on but this has turned to snow and has been snowing pretty heavy now for the past hour or so. Not settling at all as the ground is wet through from the soaking it got earlier on. What are everyone's thoughts for Monday? BBC still has me down for heavy snow day and night and Met Office have put an advisory out for this region?

Edited by NW_Blackburn

Posted

Evening. Woke up to a slight covering this morning on all surfaces which had gone by about half 9ish but still quite a bit over the tops on the fields. Started raining here pretty heavy earlier on but this has turned to snow and has been snowing pretty heavy now for the past hour or so. Not settling at all as the ground is wet through from the soaking it got earlier on. What are everyone's thoughts for Monday? BBC still has me down for heavy snow day and night and Met Office have put an advisory out for this region?

Monday is a lol prediction until Sunday as it really is a nowcast situation, so don't real too much into that, it will change radically.

Light sleet now here, but mainly still of rain :)

Posted

Started getting a bit heavier now and flakes getting slightly bigger and its starting to settle on the roads, cars etc and got a dusting in some places. Looking at the radar on raintoday its rotating around me so might have a bit of this yet. Might be in for a slight covering at this rate! drinks.gif

Edited by NW_Blackburn

Posted

Started getting a bit heavier now and flakes getting slightly bigger and its starting to settle on the roads, cars etc and got a dusting in some places. Looking at the radar on raintoday its rotating around me so might have a bit of this yet. Might be in for a slight covering at this rate! drinks.gif

Same here, its been snowing since about 6pm and now its starting to settle and as you say looking at the radar there appears to be plenty more around.

Shadowfax

Posted

Same here, its been snowing since about 6pm and now its starting to settle and as you say looking at the radar there appears to be plenty more around.

Shadowfax

What time do you expect this to clear?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Moderate sleet here now, turning more to snow by the minute. 2.0c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

stilll rain here lol

Posted

For once the heavier PPN of this band seems to be in the North west and not across the Pennines as usually is the case. But its all North of the Manchester which is unfortunate for all you in the Manchester area which might explain why some people are seeing rain because the PPN is not heavy enough?

Hi,

Did you have a decent amount this morning as I had a student phone in today saying he was snowbound in BB1.?

thanks in advance

NW Leeds Russ

Well im BB6 and I woke up at around 8am and there was a decent covering. Perhaps a few cm. Fell back asleep and by 10am most of it had gone. good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

yeah perhaps.the dew point is -5 too lol.