Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Started getting a bit heavier now and flakes getting slightly bigger and its starting to settle on the roads, cars etc and got a dusting in some places. Looking at the radar on raintoday its rotating around me so might have a bit of this yet. Might be in for a slight covering at this rate! drinks.gif

The 'rain' had got lighter here but in doing so seems to be more of a wintry nature, some times it even looks like very light snow :D Weathers up and down

If this is falling as snow over our region, then some places are going to be in for a treat as plenty coming from the band which is right over us atm and swirling around :)

Here its more wet/rain to stick

Edited by gearbox1001

Posted

Took them time to issue that been snowing since around 6:30pm-7pm drunk.gif

Posted

I've not looked at any of the radar images, but I suspect as seems to be the case lately that once again we will see none of the white stuff. We seem to be in a perpetual snow shield, apart from a 1cm dusting on the 3rd Feb we have not seen anything since the 13th January.. we are due some snow surely..

I think we caught a very slight dusting overnight last night. However, this afternoon we have seen drizzle. Still the lack of precipitation over the Lakes is producing some preety cold nights, -5 degrees again likely tonight over a wide part of Cumbria, wouldn't be surprised to see a -7 or -8 in some spots.

Posted

For once the heavier PPN of this band seems to be in the North west and not across the Pennines as usually is the case. But its all North of the Manchester which is unfortunate for all you in the Manchester area which might explain why some people are seeing rain because the PPN is not heavy enough?

Hmmm..

I'll see him tomorrow although a guy on metcheck said there was about 2" in parts of Blackburn whistling.gif

Well im BB6 and I woke up at around 8am and there was a decent covering. Perhaps a few cm. Fell back asleep and by 10am most of it had gone. good.gif

Edited by NW Leeds Russ

Posted

Well defiantly not 2" in my part of town anyway! Live about 15mins from the Town centre but when I had look out at 8am this morning the roads did look pretty tricky and when I went to Blackpool this afternoon to see some family some of the roads did have snow/slush on them even in the afternoon but that was mainly over the tops as most of it had cleared down at lower levels. Main routes seemed fine the motorways were clear. A lot of black ice about too my cousin wrote his car off other day after skidding on some black ice!

Might not see him tomorrow either Russ been snowing pretty heavy here since around 6:30pm. Started sticking too got a covering now and a flash warning has been issued by the Met Office!

Edited by NW_Blackburn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Rapidly turning to snow as the temperature drops! 1.7c!

Posted
  • Location: coppull near chorley lancashire. and the pier head liverpool

Wet night here in liverpool on the waterfornt at the pier head ,dp is 0.6 and temp is 2.0 c .

Posted

Well defiantly not 2" in my part of town anyway! Live about 15mins from the Town centre but when I had look out at 8am this morning the roads did look pretty tricky and when I went to Blackpool this afternoon to see some family some of the roads did have snow/slush on them even in the afternoon but that was mainly over the tops as most of it had cleared down at lower levels. Main routes seemed fine the motorways were clear. A lot of black ice about too my cousin wrote his car off other day after skidding on some black ice!

Might not see him tomorrow either Russ been snowing pretty heavy here since around 6:30pm. Started sticking too got a covering now and a flash warning has been issued by the Met Office!

Cheers.

About 1cm here at 175m asl in Leeds. Nothing in Leeds city centre according to webcam

Posted

The Met O have issued a warning for a reason... This will turn to snow as the night deepens. Expect temperatures to drop to 0c with a couple of cm's by morning for many!

Posted

The Met O have issued a warning for a reason... This will turn to snow as the night deepens. Expect temperatures to drop to 0c with a couple of cm's by morning for many!

Which way is this going to clear? Or is it just going to stay linger over us for a while yet?

Edited by NW_Blackburn

Posted

The wife says its snowing like mad at home in chorley but not sticking to the road yet.

Posted
<br />Which way is this going to clear? Or is it just going to stay linger over us for a while yet?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

It's going no where soon... Another 5-6 hours yet i would think

<br />Which way is this going to clear? Or is it just going to stay linger over us for a while yet?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Posted

<br /><br /><br />

<br /><br /><br />

Even if it turned to snow here, it would have to be so hard to make an impact, its so wet atm, and still raining/sleet very heavy. Major shock the front reached us tho :lol:

Posted

Met office have not given the fire service any warnings yet unles controll are keeping theme to themeselves .May be merseyside is not in the firing line .

Posted

Met office have not given the fire service any warnings yet unles controll are keeping theme to themeselves .May be merseyside is not in the firing line .

I think Merseyside will be safe tonight, it would take a mirical for any snow to stick and its still raining here and in liverpool :lol:

Posted

Which direction is the snow over central lancashire heading i.e. is it moving North west or is going east.. sods law once again if it just does a u-turn just as it approaches Cumbria.. this is very frustrating normally Cumbria is much snowier than lancashire it doesn't seem right.

Posted

Which direction is the snow over central lancashire heading i.e. is it moving North west or is going east.. sods law once again if it just does a u-turn just as it approaches Cumbria.. this is very frustrating normally Cumbria is much snowier than lancashire it doesn't seem right.

Its just going round in a complete circle at the moment not really moving anywhere at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

We had wet snow for about 3/4 hr after a couple hrs of rain , it's now turned back to rain ...so not expecting anything overnight here