Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

General Cold Spell Discussion

reef

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

3.4c with heavy rain. Should turn soon i imagine.

Posted

3.4c with heavy rain. Should turn soon i imagine.

It's the same here. I was given a link a few weeks back to a site which gave exact temperatures for my area every two minutes but I can't find it, would be pretty useful right now, however.

Current radar (precip type) for the NW: 34gm4jq.png

Edited by extreme

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but boringly hot

w w w . weather.weatherbug.co.uk for up to date temps locally

sorry meant http://weather.weatherbug.co.uk

Posted

Got a few cms of snow lying this am, which was a surprise after the heavy rain, but the beeb did say it was sticky snow! Love to see some of the deep stuff in Scotland/ Ireland...any pics please?

Posted

Its snowing here to in Southern Wales nice suprise wasnt expecting anything, sleet at the most

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Just had the odd bit of sleet in the heavier burst of rain, with temperatures down too about 2.7*C. biggrin.gif

Looks like you guys up North are (and have been doing) very well with the snow, with some other places also receiving some. good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

We seemed to have just missed out on the snow. The mountains all around here are covered in snow from about 200m upwards. Will be going climbing in about 30 mins so will get some pics :blink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Biggest waste of a red warning ever!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

We seemed to have just missed out on the snow. The mountains all around here are covered in snow from about 200m upwards. Will be going climbing in about 30 mins so will get some pics biggrin.gif

That sounds like fun with the climbing. I look forward to seeing the pictures. smile.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Was snowing here just a few moments ago, it has now turned back to sleet.

Last night was ferocious, wet snow but blizzard conditions, power flux every minute.

I dread to think the outcome if it was mid winter, we would have had about 50cm+ and it would be my first ever witnessed snow storm.

Posted

was it red yesterday LS? I never even looked as I had a feeling it wouldn't come to anything here either, BUT I was wrong.. it's been a very willd night and it is very sticky thick wet stuff - lots of roads closed, the chaos is much worse than the last lot.

Wind gust just recorded here 7:48am 27KT

You Fife dome still in place?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Got a few cms of snow lying this am, which was a surprise after the heavy rain, but the beeb did say it was sticky snow! Love to see some of the deep stuff in Scotland/ Ireland...any pics please?

Same here - I'd say snow level (at least for any laying snow) is about 250m (or was overnight anyway)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

And SS gets his last dump of the winter.

10+ cm down here already and whiteout. Absolutely pelting down. A68 and A7 shut.

Radar suggests a few more hours of snow could be on the cards too yahoo.gif

Sorry to all who've missed out. Was the same for me in the Feb event.

Posted

We are now in the colder uppers, however, we have not had that much precipitation since the early hours, most of the action has been in the NW of Cumbria where there has been snow almost down to sea level courtesy of the intenseness of the precipitation.

Currently having sleety shower, any showers which are heavy could produce the odd flake of snow, but I'm not expecting any cover, they don't look like being very sustained.

Can't see any of the fells as they are shrouded in cloud so don't know what the snowline is, however, none of the passes are closed including Shap or Kirkstone which site at 1500ft and 1600 ft respectively, indicative of how light/moderate the precipitation was last night. We really need it to be intense to help aid evaporative cooling and consequently snowfall.

Noted reports of snow in S Wales over the higher routes, indicative of the heavy precipitation. In these situations the intenseness if the precipitation makes all the difference alongside altitude.

Hopefully with some clearer skies later today I may be able to see how low the snowline is, would be nice to see the hills plastered in the white stuff.

Posted

Heavy sleet/wet snow in the last hour or so and temp is now 2.7c, it had to be on a Wednesday again!

Anything up on the Mendips Mullender/Jethro?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Partly fife dome and partly east lothian dome!!! lol it snowed earlier in the night was great, lay, thawed and woke up to very little - very disappointing - huge winds too.

roads all clear round here.

Posted

Woke up to snow on the ground here in Aberdeen. Pretty slushy stuff but it was still snowing (albeit the fine icy stuff) when I got in to work. I'm guessing this is winters last gasp...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

This is going to turn to snow!

2.3c and sleeting!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

WOW What a night!

Because i live on a hill in certain wind directions, the wind strength increases beyond that of lower down. Yet last night it was far more than the weather forecasters predicted , not sure what time it was but in the early hours i was woken up by hard rain against the window and very intense gusts of wind. You could hear it roar and what was even more incredible was large amounts of sleet !!. Sleet was not forecast last night and I've had it , it was covering my car in a sleety slush , plus it looked like a hurricane outside ( even though it wasn't one ) . I've seen fence panels blown down , bin's blown over and alot of flooding!.

We didn't even get any weather warnings :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

OMG its actually snowing and had about 1cm, i dont know how it settled because the ground was saturated.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

It is snowing here too but not lying. nice to see the snow (hopefully one last time) I'm ready for some sunshine please and some warm temps soon so i can get my tatties in etc!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Heavy sleet/wet snow in the last hour or so and temp is now 2.7c, it had to be on a Wednesday again!

Anything up on the Mendips Mullender/Jethro?

No, nothing here. It has been pelting down, alternating between sleet and snow, now dry with the sky clearing but temp only just above 2c.