Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Convective Outlook

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Just began to rain in Brownhills now! No rumbles since tho, but the storm is towards Willenhall, Wolverhampton way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Very heavy precip heading up from Kent and Sussex towards Norwich but it doesn't appear to be setting off any sferics, so have to wait and see on that one. Probably set for collision course around 3am.

Posted

Can't say I've seen or heard anything here. Even though I've left the curtains open. But my windows face west and we are entertaining visitors so any excitement might have been lost in converstaion. Let the dog out and noticed it had been raining though. (Having a dog is a great weather excuse when you have people round staying...even if the dog doesn't need to go out!)

Posted

Really? must be quite isolated then lol because there's nothing here!

That sort of sounds like you are doubtful, just because you don't have it yet? May your fishpond overflow soon and your newly planted celery seedlings get washed away. (just kidding - I hope none of that awfulness happens)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Had some rain, can't hear any more rumbles though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Can't say I've seen or heard anything here. Even though I've left the curtains open. But my windows face west and we are entertaining visitors so any excitement might have been lost in converstaion. Let the dog out and noticed it had been raining though. (Having a dog is a great weather excuse when you have people round staying...even if the dog doesn't need to go out!)

You should have definately seen a few flashes and some distant rumbles from Wordsley.

Posted

haha yeh i use the dog one in winter if snow is due

Posted

its isolated tstorms mate, just developing now to our sw!

Good i do hope your right wonder if its worth stopping up as the flashes ( 2 of them ) seemed to come from the area East of here towards the Humber which looks to be moving away.

Guest FireStorm

Well I was about to type its eased off here but big flash and a loud crash of thunder 10 seconds later. Should have woke a few people up lol

Posted

You should have definately seen a few flashes and some distant rumbles from Wordsley.

I didn't though...thats the strangest thing. Left the curtains open deliberately. I can only see west from our house and because its terrace housing to both sides on quite a narrow street, can't see much to the south, north or east. Either that or our visitor is from Bulgaria and he was telling me some pretty interesting things about the weather from his country. I think i was too engrossed in that to notice what was going on.

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

there looks liek there was a sferic quite close to me but i missed it and didnt hear it!

was getting the beer out the frdge at the time though was a bit excited about that lmao!

Posted

craigers that band seems to be widening as it gets closer to us

Posted

craigers that band seems to be widening as it gets closer to us

just had the rain but no thunder or lightning so far! is a shame really! going to give it another 20 mins

Posted

wow i can see stars dry.gif

just made myself a triple boilermaker! result and feeling the effects already after downing it haha!

Edited by Mesodiscussion

Posted

The best I could I could capture out of a very weak cell:

post-9715-12757863753493_thumb.jpg

nice shot atleast its more then i got!

my sony camcorder is on a tripod and eveything and all i saw tonight was a really distant and dull flash! oh well i think its dieing down now maybee soon ill grab a storm!

Edited by Mesodiscussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Might be worth staying up for this (!), those sferics are penetrating south and east in the direction of Norwich now. Camera batteries charging in anticipation of the chance of capturing some C-G lightning on video.

Posted

TWS- is that cell going to head more northerly now instead of following the coast ???

Posted

Something seems to be showing up to the south of me no visual of anything yet though but various lightning detectors point to a few strikes near me

Posted

anychance of london getting hit tonight?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Like the look of the cell just to the south of Manchester. It's current track would take it up towards this area but that's a big distance to cover and it's got the Pennines to cross so I doubt it'll reach here.

Looks good for those closer to it though, it's growing nicely on radar.

Posted

Been having a few flashes and not so loud Thunder here near Margate for the past 10 minutes. Very hard to tell whereabouts its coming from though as the flashes seem to be coming from all around. Current temp is 16.5 - quite a rapid drop from 18.8 at 2am.