Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Outlook

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Radio just crackled when i thought i just saw lightning. :drinks:

Posted

Radio just crackled when i thought i just saw lightning. :drinks:

Well there's a thunderstorm in progress here so i reckon you did!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Well there's a thunderstorm in progress here so i reckon you did!

Havent heard thunder yet though?

Posted

Just back from the South Downs over Eastbourne and there is a huge bank of Cu cloud runing North of Heathfield across to the Kent/East Sussex boarder. Some development into CB but a fresh SW wind is keeping the coastal strip and up to 10 miles inland clear and cool.

post-6667-12758331871383_thumb.jpg

Posted

Rumbles reaching here now too. :drinks:

Posted

I've heard a few rumbles so it's there.

Posted

Havent heard thunder yet though?

Really good storm here now, very heavy rain an a fair bit of thunder and lightening.

Posted

So far, so good with the NAE/UKV prog this afternoon.... the lively development out east of Crawley and into Kent being the only mesoscale element missing, but it'll be assimilated into the next run. I'll return to offer any relevant update later....

Dashing off now, as I need to turn my attention to preparing our F1 forecast for next weekend's race at Montreal. Have lots of fun with those storms! Ciao.

Posted

Looking at reports and the radar, i reckon we're just on the north edge of it all. So we're not getting the best but we're still getting it pretty good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

rain started here BIG drops with hail!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder snow.

Nice back edge to those cells near margate.

Seems to be build more as in moves out to sea.

Sun coming out to warm things up, Maybe later some thing bigger i hope.

There is a nice cell to the south of London on NW radar i see.

Come to Davey baby.

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

Yep that makes sense given the strong set of cells that are moving eastwards through S.London and Kent, looking quite lively which isn't all that surprising given there is decent instablity aloft as you say VP.

Indeed, just had a moderate heavy shower here in West Kent, with a few decent rumbles of thunder during it, but it seems the main core of the cell has passed to the south of me. Would have thought areas slightly to the south of Maidstone would be in for a good hit from it as it continues to develop. Has been pretty much overcast but bright all day here so difficult to see any cloud formation and definition.

Another rumble with this light rain.

EDIT: Actually just saw my first flash even with the light sky, with a decent prolonged rumble from somewhere overhead, skies brightening and clearing to the west now.

Edited by Kentish Kiwi

Posted

It's gone very black to my southwest now, low cloud rolling in from the North Sea though so I think that even if there was any storms moving towards me they would fizzle out rather quickly.

I don't think low cloud prevents storms but it can prevent you from actually seeing any lightning though! I actually remember one night(i think it was around October 2000 time) there was sea fog and low cloud but as the storm came and hit us, the sea fog and low cloud lifted and we had torrential rain and sheet lightning, fantastic storm that was! I remember the storm was being the talking point at school the next day!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Coventry webcams suggest impending storms:

Bablake school

Warwick Uni

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Complete damp squib here, cold with drizzly rain. The temperature has fallen from 16°C this morning to a mere 13°C now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Anvils to the West of here.

Giggity!

Posted

Storm really closing in now.

Posted

Indeed, just had a moderate heavy shower here in West Kent, with a few decent rumbles of thunder during it, but it seems the main core of the cell has passed to the south of me. Would have thought areas slightly to the south of Maidstone would be in for a good hit from it as it continues to develop. Has been pretty much overcast but bright all day here so difficult to see any cloud formation and definition.

Another rumble with this light rain.

I was wondering about the track, and, perhaps it's hopecasting, but the airmass does seem to have a northerly compenent to it which might drag it up to the North Kent coast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

stopped raining and sun back out LETS HEAT THINGS UP!

Posted

If you have Sky? Go to channel 415. Watching a good storm at Worcester while they're racing.

Posted

Storm really closing in now.

Has eased off considerably here now. It appears that I'm around 10 minutes ahead of you in getting the storm!