Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Outlook

Coast

Posted

So far, so good with the NAE/UKV prog this afternoon.... the lively development out east of Crawley and into Kent being the only mesoscale element missing, but it'll be assimilated into the next run. I'll return to offer any relevant update later....

Yep not surprising to see it missed that cell because it is rather alone in terms of where it is, but as VP has said there was some instablity down there in the London/N.Kent region.

Weak convection over my location now on the very northern edge of the cell that is heading towards Tunbridge but its nothing compared to the core of the cell cluster.

Posted

I'm hoping for a direct hit from the multi-cellular to my west, it does seem to have either a due east or E/N/E direction of movement?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

It's raining pretty hard here now but no thunder or lightning sadly :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Storm seems to have stopped all of a sudden? :) Barely got going!

Posted

Has eased off considerably here now. It appears that I'm around 10 minutes ahead of you in getting the storm!

Yes same here. good.gif

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

Yep not surprising to see it missed that cell because it is rather alone in terms of where it is, but as VP has said there was some instablity down there in the London/N.Kent region.

Weak convection over my location now on the very northern edge of the cell that is heading towards Tunbridge but its nothing compared to the core of the cell cluster.

*Tonbridge :)

A reasonable clear slot developing to my West giving me a decent view of the cloud tops similar to those over the South Downs as shown previously in this thread. Sky still dark to my east, seems to be picking up in electrical activity as it continues ENE?

post-11145-12758342872377_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kentish Kiwi

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

I can see a large expanse of grey cloud over the Bloxwich area, but cnt hear a thing cuz of the stupid traffic on Brownhills High Street.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

It's raining pretty hard here now but no thunder or lightning sadly :)

Its still to your west the bulk of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Norwich looks like its about to get a decent thunderstorm...

Posted

I think the whole thing has suddenly weakened right above us. We went from heavy rain, huge gusts of wind and thunder to a benign wet Sunday afternoon just like that.

Posted

The 25 mile radius lightening warning sensor is going off at about the same rate as last nights storms.

http://www.isleofwightweather.co.uk/live_storm_data_25.htm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Very loud deep rumbles heard to the west of here.

BIIIG CB;'s in the distance!

Posted

some torrential bursts of rain in the last 35/40 mins, about 3 flashes of lightning and good rumbles of thunder for good measure. now as gord said earlier, just seems like a benign wet sunday afternoon, still, not a bad storm in my books :)

Posted

I think the whole thing has suddenly weakened right above us. We went from heavy rain, huge gusts of wind and thunder to a benign wet Sunday afternoon just like that.

That would have been the squall line going over you, it always gets a tad quieter after it's passed, the most impressive weather is usually on the squall line.

Posted

Just watching the BBC Springwatch webcams based at Pensthorpe near Fakenham in Norfolk, and a minute ago heard loud thunder on it!!! Norwich, get ready!

Meanwhile here in Boston, it's getting very muggy and humid again.

Edited by Katherine

Posted

Yes, your on the west of the trough where its cooling off, more lively to your south and east. Nasty little one SE of Coventry,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Typical it would die out as soon as it reached here. That looks to be it too. :)

At least we had something last night and the odd flash recently.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Thunderstorm erupted, woohoo!! :D Sat out here in the garden watching the Cb roll by, listening to the rolling thunder! Awesome!! :) Am dieing to drive down the road to be nearer but am bit concerned I might still be over the limit :drunk:...it will do though :D

Last night was decent enough, with the most AMAZING +CG I have EVER experienced...left the club at 1:30am, waiting in the pouring rain for a cab - two lads bowling down the road, then an almighty blinding flash...lads say "great night to be out innit"...I say "this is going to be loud"...about 8 seconds later, a single, immensely loud cannon shot thunder, then back to the noise of the rain again - absolutely awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLFRIiflSgU .... skip to 4:09 - this is IDENTICAL in every way to the thunder last night...volumes up to max!! Anyone in Medway (Kent) last night would have heard this!!

Am praying that something goes up behind this cell I'm watching at the moment :D still moist enough by the feel of it...if the one I'm watching can do it, another should......shouldnt it?? :D

Please tell me JL has had something thunder-wise........(this is the first time I've been on here since yesterday afternoon and there's been hundreds of posts...excuse the laziness!)

Edited by Harry

Posted

On course for here:

Draycote Reservoir

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

c'mon little cell just SE of Nottingham, you can do it! Just grow a bit more and drift my way! biggrin.gif