Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Outlook

Coast

Posted

Thunder in the distance here for the past half hour. No lightening seen and thunder would be missed if you were not listening for it.

Hopefully some more later?

Temp currently 20C down from 23c about an hour ago. Not as humid as it was feeling either.

Janet

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Confirmed, sat out on my balcony and just had a rarther deep rumble, strike alert going off too now. Wonder why theres no sferics showing up on the radars?

NW radar is showing a few sferics there

Posted

has a small shower here but nothing now could anything form this way ?

I'm expecting it to east of you. Watching developments at this very moment over the Cotswolds (near Colesbourne and further north just west of Stow-on-the-Wold). This is the first hint of the evolution for that region I mentioned in my earlier post a little while ago.

Edited by Ian Fergusson

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Its still going, its passed just to the south of here, but thunder and lightning every 2 or 3 mins though, but have seen a few GC's rarther than just flashes. Shame car is off the road else would have had a ride to ludlow, as it seems to be sitting over there towards the clee hills.

Nice to have though, even if it is a small fry storm :)

Posted

If those cells over Suffolk/Essex could merge with those in Cambridgeshire that would do Norwich just fine later - at the moment there's a horrible gap heading this way between the two storms.

Posted

Thunder just to east of here (East Grinstead), shower developed within last half an hour.

Posted

Nice line of cells over Kent and stretching up through E.Anglia. I can see them in the distance. Cells in London look like they are heading to the south of my location and they aren't that strong...compared to other cells in the country at the moment.

Very good cells heading towards B'ham at the moment, wouldn't be all that surprised to see some lightning with these cells.

Posted

Heavy shower just formed west of Margate NW radar.

Sky black to the west.

It's turned thundery, Dave. Two SFERICs recorded in last few mins from it (one offshore). The next nearest action to you has just sprouted-up over in Sussex.... we're watching a few SFERICs in last few mins at the east end of Gatwick's runway and a couple of miles away east of there at Domewood.

Posted

There is some lovely convection going on here just spent 10mins in the garden watching a small fluffy cloud blow up and climb developing a nice dark base in a matter of minutes.

I love it when it happens so quick you can see them climbing. Not expecting much down here but we live in hope.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

The Penkridge storm shield is functioning well so it seems...As soon as storms spy my town in the distance, they magically disappear....lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Why have the cells on the northern edge of the cells that have left Wales weakened so much? Seems to have coincided with a shift in direction of the cells.

Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Not sure on that at the moment. Cells over here are moving due east (following the 850mb windflow), with at times looking like they're moving slightly southward. Can only hope new cells develop to the north of main batch of showers/storms. For now, looks like staying largely dry north of the city.

Still no new cells behind this trough. I suspect thats how it will stay tbh.

Posted

Why have the cells on the northern edge of the cells that have left Wales weakened so much? Seems to have coincided with a shift in direction of the cells.

Aaron

Various factors at play.... Probably losing the (upper) forcing as the shortwave trough eases east.

Posted

Gone dark here, moderate rain with distant thunder and lightening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Gone dark here, moderate rain with distant thunder and lightening.

Where abouts in North Worcs are you Koppite? Around Bewdley way?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

sun's been out for a good hour now and the sky is getting some nice chunkifiers bubbling up. Small shower near Belper north of me. hmmmm... there is potential!

Posted

Still no new cells behind this trough. I suspect thats how it will stay tbh.

They're delivering frequent lightning right now across Shelsleys, Hillhampton and environs. Lighting-up the ATDNet system in that district every minute.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Various factors at play.... Probably losing the (upper) forcing as the shortwave trough eases east.

Ah well looks like game over today here then. Didn't do well last night either; I heard some very distant rumbles of thunder and one faint flash of lightning. However, did get a glimpse of some high based lightning from the cells over in the Midlands- strange to think those storms were miles away.

Aaron

Posted

They're delivering frequent lightning right now across Shelsleys, Hillhampton and environs. Lighting-up the ATDNet system in that district every minute.

Yes indeed, looking good there. Should be able to get something here too. :)

Posted

.... plus two more flashes now recorded from another cell east of Worcester, above village of Crowle (off A422) and Peopleton (off A44)....

Posted

There is some lovely convection going on here just spent 10mins in the garden watching a small fluffy cloud blow up and climb developing a nice dark base in a matter of minutes.

I love it when it happens so quick you can see them climbing. Not expecting much down here but we live in hope.

Looks like a sea breeze meeting the general flow resulting a line of convection - all to the south of me but looks like it can't really grow to any significant size

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

Would Brill, near Bicester hills be too far south to catch the Cotswolds developments?

I just havent seem much storm activity in this Ox/Bucks area over last 24 hrs want to catch some

Posted

Where abouts in North Worcs are you Koppite? Around Bewdley way?

Stourport on severn, really gone dark here now, raining but the thunder and lightening still seams in the distance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

the bottom of that Peterboro storm looks like its getting a bit of a hook on it, or just severe bowing. That storm is deffo top dog at the mo. Looks dead nice smile.gif