Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Outlook

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

Is there any risk of thunder up in the North East of England? Seems pretty grey here with moderate rain, milky overcast skies and rather humid. Seems like all the action is south of Peterlee.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frosty, Foggy, Cold, Snowy, Windy, Thunder

Very heavy rain and thunder here now :-)

Hitchin, Herts

Posted

Whats the chances for somthing appnin in wiltshire? as i see der is cells just north just woke up looks bone dry outside guiess it aint rained again stil hot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

:crazy:

Did you get anything last night? , atleast the storm season has started albeit a lack of CGS :cray:

I did yes so not complaining, including one kick ass +CG...had thunder and lightning earlier (albeit sat under the anvil and not 'the action') and now towers going up and down like yo-yos.

Am optimistic in the sense that there is still potential there, but unless something really organises these pups it could well be potential not utilised (for this location anyway)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Looks like next week contains potential for more thunder activity in the south and southeast of England, on the southern flank of the main frontal zone, but no real chance in Scotland or northern England.

Posted

Heavy shower going through here now........have only seen one bit of lightning today about 2 hours ago when we arrived back from Camber.

Posted

Very heavy rain and thunder here now :-)

Hitchin, Herts

I don't believe it, nice towers and very dark skys to my north, great! missing me wallbash.gifMight as well get some pictures though :crazy:

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Hi from a new member.

Am still in a state of disbelief at having missed out completely on the action that took place not far from me earlier on. If membership of the no storms club is still open I'd like to put myself forward for it please.:crazy:

Welcome!

Don't despair I believe the Wrexham area does quite well for storms (seem to remember you had some good action last Summer?).

Posted

Im dispointed cell to my north was one coming this way but its fizzled out now :crazy: dont like living in bristol to many dispointments.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

there getting plastered in central europe! wow! wheres a car and a passport when you need one!

image_d_eu.png?1261668318

Ive got some sferics over to my WSW! so im hopeing to get in on the action today but not holding much hope!

Posted

nice cell to my north west! hopefully moving SE but not getting my hopes up!

Posted

nice cell to my north west! hopefully moving SE but not getting my hopes up!

Hi mate, showers are moving ENE.

you said north west, do you mean south west? if you ment north west, its heading away from you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frosty, Foggy, Cold, Snowy, Windy, Thunder

Gutted for you!

So near yet so far it would seem!

Never say never, it may shoot down the A1 towards you.

Be good to see any pics you get....

I don't believe it, nice towers and very dark skys to my north, great! missing me wallbash.gifMight as well get some pictures though :crazy:

Posted

Not convinced that would be the Brum UHI, rather could just be a broader development (though less intense than over the Cotswolds) along the general trough that is now clearing the West midlands.

Agreed.

General trend later into tonight is for all to slowly quieten-down before midnight, albeit UKV continues to offer PPN rates of 30mm+ in 3 hrs from some cells (low point probability of this, however; 10-16mm p/hr being reported from a number of SREWS lately). Vast majority of districts turning dry and settled into late evening and overnight as the transient ridge shows its hand (already doing so into the west). Still a few (ever-weakening) showers continuing over parts of central Pennines until daybreak, however. Broad thrust for tomorrow's developments remain as previously noted here in my earlier message. New NAE, as modified by Chief F/C at Exeter, highlights deepest instability tomorrow expected in NE England and Scotland. Story for Tuesday remains as before, with much more widespread signal for heavy convective PPN and potential T/S.

Posted

Hi mate, showers are moving ENE.

you said north west, do you mean south west? if you ment north west, its heading away from you.

i ment theres a wind blowing from the N/NW :crazy:

Posted

Very large thunderheads to my North, no doubt due to the action over the midlands.

Meanwhile developing updrafts a few miles to my South are beginning to drop rain on me.

Edited by jshaw

Posted

Welcome!

Don't despair I believe the Wrexham area does quite well for storms (seem to remember you had some good action last Summer?).

Thanks for the welcome. Round here am still waiting for the really big one....something akin to the July 3rd 2001 monster storm....but right now, a small modest one will do just fine.

Posted

Very large thunderheads to my North, no doubt due to the action over the midlands.

It's the top of the thundery cells aligned up through N Herts (Hitchin to Royston, and adjacent Beds) you are seeing.

Posted

So frustrated, digital camera is taking pictures but are not storing onto the memory card cc_confused.gif Any ideas what's wrong? Took some nice pictures too, even though the camera's only low cost. Very dark to the north and radar is showing more rain to the west of here but too hazy to see anything coming.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

We had a big cell pass through just around 16:00 with lightning and thunder, heavy rain and gusty winds.

Posted

It's the top of the thundery cells aligned up through N Herts (Hitchin to Royston, and adjacent Beds) you are seeing.

Indeed, and very powerful convection on their Southern side and ahead of them to their East. Perhaps a linear feature such as convergence or a short wave trough producing them then? (Beaten to it in above post :crazy:)

Very strong development over more central and Northern areas of Essex from what I can see up the A12, Chelmsford way I would guess but probrably a bit further than that, perhaps Braintree or Colchester judging by radar. Very large cumulus congestus starting to develop a proper cloud top.

Fully fledged storm now over North Essex.

Edited by jshaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Just had a small developing cell pass overhead in Swindon, no lightning but some very heavy rain with big convective drops.Cell moving west to east, another already developed cell is moving this way on the same path. Fingers crossed.