Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Outlook

Coast

Posted

Torrential rain here,, half dozen flashes so far but the rain is more extreame so far ....

I think the same system is now beginning to affect me, a couple of rumbles of thunder just heard, skies are eerily laden with mammatus and its very gusty now. Rain just started.

Posted

Wish I was in a Boat out in the North Sea to the East Clacton I reckon......its kicking off out there bigtime, possible lightshow if you went down to the beach??

Posted

Thanks Ian, I thought as much but just wanted reassurance I was looking at the correct feature.

Kain

No worries. Radar interesting for this one.... a hint of an echo-free vault and somewhat divergent storm motion on last frames (?) but I'm going to try an log into a higher-res feed from Ligurian Met folks. I still think it's a severe multicell gig on balance but we'll see. Historically, a good area between there and into Switzerland / Austria for supercells, certainly.

Edited by Ian Fergusson

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

nice one...Yes very good for a UK Cb..nice capture

LOOK AT IT NOW!! Think you might be underestimating this cell NeilSouth - looks v good on radar now, and even better visually!! :nonono:

Something nice looking creeping up on here from the West looking at radar - fingers crossed!

post-3790-12758476941177_thumb.jpg

post-3790-12758477053659_thumb.jpg

Posted

Wish I was in a Boat out in the North Sea to the East Clacton I reckon......its kicking off out there bigtime, possible lightshow if you went down to the beach??

You would be flooded out the boat the amount of rain thats falling from this cell !!!, yes you'd see a light show though. try putting in co15 in radar,, that first cell that started about half hour hasn't slowed down at all !!!

Posted

Looks like 'last chance saloon' for my area for today/last night/yesterday had sod all..apart from grey skies all day.

Please tell me that shower/cell moving over Greenock towards Clydebank and Glasgow area is going to become electrified.

Seriously doubt it though. :nonono:

Okay..thanks didnt expect it would..just like i didnt expect i would get a reply on my post...Oh wait !!!

Posted

Harry you should of timelapsed that...would of been fantastic

I know...tell me about it, lol!!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Harry you should of timelapsed that...would of been fantastic

Just heard a boom!! , very weak activity wise :nonono:

3 storms today though :)

Posted

Certainly some booms coming from it now

But its so damn murky :wallbash: :wallbash:

Posted

my camera is always on a tripod ready for anything....hint..lol

As my boss would say..."Noted with thanks" LOL!

Prob a bit late now, besides at my partner's house which has decent'ish' views, but not great. If I was at home it'd be worth it as I have more sky to play with!

Heading outside for another gander now...interesting looking cell scooting towards London, pulsating in intensity! There's certainly some warmth and moisture available here, and the line it's taking hasn't had any storms today...might get lucky (as I've said all day lol)

Thanks for the comments guys :wallbash:

Edited by Harry

Posted

I know...tell me about it, lol!!

my camera is always on a tripod ready for anything....hint..lol

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Harry you was spot on!!

This storm is a big one , the photo's you kept showing i thought was the stuff i was already under... but it was a new cell that formed west of ashford

NICE!!! :wallbash: :wallbash:

Posted

4th 'lot' of thunder so far today. That cell out to the North of Kent has been producing distant deep rumbles for the past half an hour and within the past 5 minutes the frequency has increased. Can't quite ascertain what was producing it before that one moved closer though!

Posted

No worries. Radar interesting for this one.... a hint of an echo-free vault and somewhat divergent storm motion on last frames (?) but I'm going to try an log into a higher-res feed from Ligurian Met folks. I still think it's a severe multicell gig on balance but we'll see. Historically, a good area between there and into Switzerland / Austria for supercells, certainly.

Divergent motion now very evident on radar (if you refresh the feed). Gone supercell - a swift left-mover....? They had a good supercell there back in July 2008, I recall.

Posted

WOW!!!

Huge C-G :wallbash: :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Hi TWS,

I'm slightly further North than Norwich Airport, currently temperature here is 17.8 with a Dewpoint of 15.8, so in the same league, but it's cloudy, having having had that shower go through, it only dropped 1.4mm, but it was only about 5 mins or so of reasonable rain.

Look forward to something later, if we're lucky

Yes, been on the phone to home say they have rain like 'you would never believe' for a few hours with occassional thunder/lightning. Typical I'm stuck in Norwich! :wallbash:

There's still a chance of second helpings if that lot just to the west of Norwich maintains its intensity- a fair number of sferics coming from that. Still rather dark and humid at the moment here.