Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Outlook

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Cells really gathering over C Kent - another one to miss me today!!

Posted

I reckon we do only play at it here judging by the explosive clouds down the Eastern Coast of Spain visible on the link.

Yup, sure thing - however if I was storm chasing anywhere in Europe right now, I'd be around Torino, NW Italy, plus anywhere northwards into the Alps.... serious severe T-storm action there right now. Not sure if it's gone supercell as yet for that Torino monster (possibly - I need to check; lots of SFERICS from it also), but the development has been truly explosive. Fab stuff.

Check the loop at www.sat24.com/it and the clearly visible shadows from the overshooting top.

Posted

Yes, but killed-off eastwards now as the transient ridging takes over. Vast improvement already here in Bristol: Beefy TCu's of only 25mins ago now replaced by very well capped Strato Cu and plenty of blue sky / late sunshine.

Yep Some nice evening sunshine here in weston super mare apart from a few clouds over the bristol area

post-3727-12758462203529_thumb.jpg

Posted

Good anvils now to my east as some cells have gone up over S.Essex and now Kent as well, looking very good indeed out there for guys down in Southend region, Paul S home of Rayleigh getting hit well as well.

Just watching one other cell heading over my location right now.

Posted

Yup, sure thing - however if I was storm chasing anywhere in Europe right now, I'd be around Torino, NW Italy, plus anywhere northwards into the Alps.... serious severe T-storm action there right now. Not sure if it's gone supercell as yet for that Torino monster (possibly - I need to check; lots of SFERICS from it also), but the development has been truly explosive. Fab stuff.

Check the loop at www.sat24.com/it and the clearly visible shadows from the overshooting top.

sorry to drift off the topic of our storms for a sec but wow what an explosion that around Torino is.

Posted

Watch out E Kent - the cell I can see is looking more and more stunning! Taking some piccies which I will upload shortly!!

Posted

All the convection is clearing now turning into a lovely evening with lots of blue sky also still warm and humid so feels very nice out. Breezy

Posted

Looks like 'last chance saloon' for my area for today/last night/yesterday had sod all..apart from grey skies all day.

Please tell me that shower/cell moving over Greenock towards Clydebank and Glasgow area is going to become electrified.

Seriously doubt it though. :nonono:

Posted

absolutely amazing cloud formation looking north! have no camera so i cant take pics! them towers are niiiice!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Watch out E Kent - the cell I can see is looking more and more stunning! Taking some piccies which I will upload shortly!!

I'm in east kent , they really are not that amazing under neath... Hardly any strikes maybe the odd rumble , but they are weak and decaying

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Call me stupid, but the overshooting top, how is it defined on a vis sat image? Would that be it what I marked on the image?

post-3685-12758466883935_thumb.gif

Posted

Kold Weather, we get one flash and slight rumble and that is it...nothing has really stayed organised over usnonono.gif

We are just about to get another dumping of Rain, its very dark out to my South West. Me Thinks these are just flying down the Thames......not even a flashwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

For Rayleigh to get a show, we need them slightly more inland for them to get caught in the Basin then its a great show.

Edited by Flash Elvis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

recone it will clip us??

Posted

I'm 99% sure I heard a rumble of thunder 10 mins or so ago - nothing since :nonono:

Posted

Torrential rain here,, half dozen flashes so far but the rain is more extreame so far ....

Posted

sorry to drift off the topic of our storms for a sec but wow what an explosion that around Torino is.

The higher-res vis-sat I've checked shows apparently a number of overshooting tops..... plus radar suggestive of something perhaps emerging into an MCS-like feature. So not supercell but note on vis-sat the clear shadow cast eastwards on the ground by the explosive growth - - it's a monster. Local radar for those interested via our Italian colleagues at http://www.meteoligu...r.html?type=rpa

Edited by Ian Fergusson

Posted

Looking very nice now...a pretty cool Cb by our standards :nonono:

post-3790-12758469436806_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

recone it will clip us??

The intense part of it no , the stuff running through kent isn't very impressive

That lot is going along the north kent coast , the weak part of it is over land

Posted

Call me stupid, but the overshooting top, how is it defined on a vis sat image? Would that be it what I marked on the image?

Exactly (plus note my comment re multiple overshooting tops)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

The intense part of it no , the stuff running through kent isn't very impressive

oh well maybe later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Exactly (plus note my comment re multiple overshooting tops)

Thanks Ian, I thought as much but just wanted reassurance I was looking at the correct feature.

Kain

Posted

Yes, been on the phone to home say they have rain like 'you would never believe' for a few hours with occassional thunder/lightning. Typical I'm stuck in Norwich! :nonono:

Posted

nice one...Yes very good for a UK Cb..nice capture

Edited by dogs32