Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Outlook

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

It's touch and go as to whether that's it for Norwich- those cells over the Midlands are set to fizzle out this evening, but the one to the west of Norwich seems to be intensifying at the moment. Currently 18C at Norwich Airport with a dewpoint of 16C (!) - so there is certainly a good deal of humidity out there.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

It's cool seeing the storm cell move across the south east and split into two seperate ones

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

well thats over already , very elevated i think not very bright lightning and short bursts of thunder

was disapointed with that very very short oh well maybe the start???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

It's the top of the thundery cells aligned up through N Herts (Hitchin to Royston, and adjacent Beds) you are seeing.

yup im seeing those tooo :crazy: starting to rain here but nothing majour as of yet!

Posted

that cell to my NW is developing and moving slightly SE! could be good if this keeps up!

Looks like quite a nasty line of rain/storms has developed north of here around the Huddersfield area. Dark here but the rain was short lived :-(

ps craigers looking at the rain today radar you look in prime position to get some action, assuming its thundery of course :crazy:

Edited by CAPE-steve

Posted

It's cool seeing the storm cell move across the south east and split into two seperate ones

Yes, the outflow effects on generating adjacent cells are often quite marked; tricky to accurately model too, much as on a wider (MCS) scale. All sorts of localised variables.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder & Lightning, Snow, Wind

Was at work in Tunbridge Wells when cell passed through couple of hours ago with some nice large bangs. Have now driven back to crawley, and sun is shining and has got very humid and warm again, temp on car jumped from 18 to 20c in short time. Possibility of something else bubbling up as there is a lot of good cloud formations i saw while driving home

Posted

can any one confirm that cell in yorkshire has produced sferics?

Posted

Fully fledged storm now over North Essex.

Must be fairly entertaining now between Braintree and Colchester, very powerful convection in that direction ahead of the already strong storms moving through Hertfordshire.

Meanwhile to my SSE low level cloud has parted to reveal a very thick glaciated anvil in the distance with some quite impressive mammatus developing. Quite a sight actually, if only I had a working camera!

Also evidence of large cumulus to my SW, probrably S/SW London.

Explosive convection to my South West with pileus, should it develop further it will brush to my immediate South before Long, effecting SE London and NW Kent.

And now moderate rain from a developing updraft to my immediate East, rapid convection still going to my SW, but it is rathing pulsing and collapsing.

Edited by jshaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

Very light spitty rain here in Peterlee now :wallbash:

Posted

Too far west where I am...nothing as of yet in fact the sky is blue but to the East can see some cumulus uplifting...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frosty, Foggy, Cold, Snowy, Windy, Thunder

Above me at the moment in Hitchin

post-3817-12758422725876_thumb.jpg

post-3817-12758423266157_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Today has been a complete let down for the northeast, though im used to that.

Posted

Fully fledged storm now over North Essex.

Must be fairly entertaining now between Braintree and Colchester, very powerful convection in that direction ahead of the already strong storms moving through Hertfordshire.

Meanwhile to my SSE low level cloud has parted to reveal a very thick glaciated anvil in the distance with some quite impressive mammatus developing. Quite a sight actually, if only I had a working camera!

Also evidence of large cumulus to my SW, probrably S/SW London.

Explosive convection to my South West with pileus, should it develop further it will brush to my immediate South before Long, effecting SE London and NW Kent.

And now moderate rain from a developing updraft to my immediate East, rapid convection still going to my SW, but it is rathing pulsing and collapsing.

Im seeign what your seeing and its heading directly my way!! it looks big and nasty!

Posted

Im seeign what your seeing and its heading directly my way!! it looks big and nasty!

Quite right, a series of very powerful looking downpours across Northern Hertfordshire and Essex now.

Developing heavy shower heading East for Southern Essex at present caught a glimpse of the back edge now its a few miles East of me, towers billowing into what looks like a developing fibrous anvil and a rainbow suggesting heavy rain already falling over the Thurrock/Basildon area.

The very powerful convection that was to my SW has withered away at the base somewhat as it moves towards me.

Edited by jshaw

Posted

Well this event has turned in to a big disappointment for the north west, just a damp squib without so much as a rumble.

Well mate it could have been worse..

You could have been in Nottingham yesterday until a couple of hours before their storms, and had to drive back up here - like I had to! Got a text not long after I'd got back here telling me about the fantastic thunder & lightning down there - Gutted!.... wallbash.gif

Posted

this is coming towards me!

IMG00021-20100606-1742.jpg

fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whistling.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frosty, Foggy, Cold, Snowy, Windy, Thunder

FANTASTIC!!!!!

this is coming towards me!

fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whistling.gif

Posted

Big dark clouds to the north and west but just have a feeling they're passing me by for the second day running. Perhaps a few spots of rain from these showers shortly but not expecting a downpour here.

Posted

FANTASTIC!!!!!

if you look to the south west you might be able to see it! but its not looking as good anymore as its closer i think its developing stills oo m aybee when it gets to you it will produce something!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Some awesome looking towards shooting up all around me - some of them appear to maturing Cbs while others are in infancy still...will post some piccies in a few mins