Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Great funnel pic! Were a few other reports of a funnel and brief weak tornado across Leicestershire and Norfolk.

Here's a video of the one that occured in Market Harborough, Leicestershire yesterday:

(Should warn, video contains bad language)

Back to today, looks like persistent heavy showers across south-eastern/central Wales currently. Showers should become more widespread as the day goes on.

crackin vid that!! hahaha!! I loved it-

Clouds breakin up a bit here, sun's not burned through just yet, but at least its not solid gray out anymore and there is some clouds definition... Newark looks like its getting a sharp little shower!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Great funnel pic! Were a few other reports of a funnel and brief weak tornado across Leicestershire and Norfolk.

Here's a video of the one that occured in Market Harborough, Leicestershire yesterday:

Back to today, looks like persistent heavy showers across south-eastern/central Wales currently. Showers should become more widespread as the day goes on.

1st off,

Great video.

2nd,

Yeah showers are slowly popping up all over the place now.

Some good convection round here, Its quite muggy and no wind here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist
hi.gif thankyou Crimson sprites , 3 thunder days here so far this year in Suffolk,some years we used to get 20+thunder days in the thundery 1990s!!

Posted

Hey guys, not trying to show off or anything but, regarding funnels spotted etc, One happened in Harborough yesterday and that area, check the post i made here the night before, spot on haha.

http://forum.netweat...ost__p__1825645

Edited by North Sea Breeze

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

the cell near retford NW of Lincoln is intensifying, no sferics though yet. Too bad its too far north of me as the "cells" seem to be coasting in a westerly direction...

Yeah- I reckon we get less storms these days than years ago... I only moved over here from America in the late 90s and remember an average of about 8 storm per summer and now I am lucky if I get 3. Back in America though and in the late 70 especially, we used to get some MEGA FRIGHTNING, HOLY SH*T storms like every 2 days, no joke. (that was in the 70s though) then in the 80s is was deffo about 15-20 per summer and they were really scary.

I hope we get loads this summer, I really do!!!!!

Posted

A lot of showers kicking off around me, two just to my south with a few just to my North. Looks like they shall miss me though while im stuck in this 10 mile wide gap lol. There intensity seems to be increasing.

post-6181-12760840006431_thumb.png

Showers moving slightly North West, im also slightly further south with it not being my full postcode! They shall just miss me dry.gif Still, the rest of the day yet!

Edited by mark bayley

Posted

A lot of showers kicking off around me, two just to my south with a few just to my North. Looks like they shall miss me though while im stuck in this 10 mile wide gap lol. There intensity seems to be increasing.

post-6181-12760840006431_thumb.png

Showers moving slightly North West, im also slightly further south with it not being my full postcode! They shall just miss me dry.gif Still, the rest of the day yet!

laugh.gif Im zoomed in on that cell too!! Its gonna hit worksop any minute.. looks pretty good, is it dark near you??

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Heavy torrential downpour just on the outskirts of canterbury with a rumble of thunder!

Posted

Quite a potent cell expanding northwards over NE Kent, over Canterbury and Neil South's house...

Edit: just seen his response above :lol:

Edited by staplehurst

Posted

laugh.gif Im zoomed in on that cell too!! Its gonna hit worksop any minute.. looks pretty good, is it dark near you??

Just hit Worksop, i can see it to the North West of me. Will i get the edge of it though unknw.gif

Posted

ooo, you might y'know!! its heading due west, but it looks like its spreading out a bit and weakening sad.gif

Posted

Looks like it's going to squeeze between you and me Mark. Maybe get a few spots of rain from it... Typical!! :lol:

Posted

ooo, you might y'know!! its heading due west, but it looks like its spreading out a bit and weakening sad.gif

Just missed me to the North, got worksop though.

Looks like it's going to squeeze between you and me Mark. Maybe get a few spots of rain from it... Typical!! laugh.gif

So it seems, i think it may hit you though. Its caught the edge of Whitwell (if you know it) which is about 2 miles north of here. So it must get you :lol:

Posted

So it seems, i think it may hit you though. Its caught the edge of Whitwell (if you know it) which is about 2 miles north of here. So it must get you :lol:

Aye.. I know Whitwell..

You may be right about it heading this way. Slight WNW drift on it.. It's rather dark to the east now..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Clouds still towering upwards here after the earlier thunder downpour

Posted

Just missed me to the North, got worksop though.

So it seems, i think it may hit you though. Its caught the edge of Whitwell (if you know it) which is about 2 miles north of here. So it must get you laugh.gif

the cells intensified again! Still Worksop's getting blammo'd... Im too far south!! sad.gif Im actually in the city of Nottingham, my best bet is the Newark cell to intensify and drift west..

regarding convective potential, I really need the sun to break through here, still no direct sun to burn away this cloud albeit its brightish out.. Im just stuck under this godforsaken gloom, just like yesterday. I reckon any sun will deffo fire up some cells here for sure, as its gone dead-dead humid out and there's warm pockets of air floating about as you walk outside (if that makes sense laugh.gif )

Just seen that cell over Worksop explode to life on the raintoday radar. Looks like it could hit us here, hopefully! Can't really see much outside, it's impossible to tell that it's right on my doopstep!  :lol:

Posted

Looking very Grey and Dull here today so im not to sure if anything convective will happen but its still earlier days,yesterday i had nothing whilst at work but did get treated to a FC which i wanted to film but dam phone froze on me,how ever i did capture this bout 15-30 mins later http://www.youtube.com/user/ozziestorm303 sorry quality not to good.

post-5458-12760796511878_thumb.jpgNot sure if i should post this here but sorry if it in wrong place but i just found i had photographed the funnel on me phone l b4 videoing .

Brilliant video and photo Anvil Crawler!

Also thanks to Weather09 for the video you posted, that was class.

Posted

Rawr! Hey you =P No snow to worry about this time of year eh? Haha, snow loves to miss us but when it comes to rain.... It hits everytime rolleyes.gif

HAHA!!! Hi!!!!! I still laugh when I remember that photo you put up of that kid gettin his head shaved shouting "I WON!!!!!!!!!!"" and Butler havin to shave his head hahaha!!

Yeah what we need is some convective snow LOL!! (obviously with thunder and lightning and funnels of course)

Hows your cloud cover down in Leicester? Are you clearing up yet for any CUs to pop up?? I cant rid of this cloud!! (shakes fist violently in the sky)

Posted

Fair bit of convection going off to the south of here. Just watching the scud whizzing along...

Posted

Blimey it's sweaty out there. The sun has been out here for the last 30 minutes or so.

Looks dark towards over and beyond Calow / Staveley. Which probably is the worksop cell you guys mention

Got some good vibes about getting sommat stormy today as yesterday was boring and drizzly with not one bit of brightness

Posted

Just seen that cell over Worksop explode to life on the raintoday radar. Looks like it could hit us here, hopefully! Can't really see much outside, it's impossible to tell that it's right on my doopstep! aggressive.gif

OK- now Im really starting to feel sickly envious!! bad.gif Cell has deffo sprung a bit of life back into it, I thought we almost lost it. There's still no sferics with it, so we will need your ears for thunder if any!

Posted

Blimey it's sweaty out there. The sun has been out here for the last 30 minutes or so.

Looks dark towards over and beyond Calow / Staveley. Which probably is the worksop cell you guys mention

Got some good vibes about getting sommat stormy today as yesterday was boring and drizzly with not one bit of brightness

The suns been out, im about 15 mins away and we have had no sun here, a few miles makes a difference it seems!

Becoming very dark here now, looks like it is going to hit :lol:

Posted

(omg, I should totally be working..)

Hey there's a speck of yellow over Bingham!! hahaha!!laugh.gif Y'know, I wouldnt be too surprised if a line forms with those cells/showers down to Notts area!