Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted

Manchester Airport report has Thunderstorm in the area according to XC Weather.

Must be a new development as I can't see much on the radar but there was some heavy rain in the area not so long ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

We have thunder!!, First time I thought it was a jet going over as they have been practising for cosford, but that CG in the field behind my house prooved that theory wrong. WooT!

heading my way do you think??

Might be worth a quick blast down the A458 i reckon!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Nah heading more towards Ludlow/Craven Arms at a guess. Its nothing spectacular though, had about 8 rumbles and 2 visable CG's

Posted

Rather un-impressed by the lack of Meto warnings for this area, since I woke up at 10AM there has been persistent rain, at times the rain is very heavy and even torrential. In the last hour there has been very heavy/torrential rain with some gusty winds, the rain is horizontal.

Edited by 10123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

That would be more than anything I have seen this year so far! Seems like a nice line of storms heading this way, as to if they are just rain showers we shall see!

Posted

That beeing said, looking at NW radar looks like a couple of big cells is heading right for us - Have a look at WV16. Looks pretty intense.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Thunder here now. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

It looks like a funnel or tornado wants to form from the clouds right now. Its torrential just to my East too.

OMG Blizzards, i have been totally watching that cell on radar! It looks pretty intense!!! Its starting to line up to leicester now!! Keep us updated!!!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Nice little thunderstorm just gone through giving a further 8mm in half an hour or so. In Lampeter when the wall cloud-type base came over (in a slight gap in the precipitation there) there was a gust of wind for 15 seconds it was previously near calm. I looked up and the base was protruding down somewhat with rotation.

Followed it home but the rain was too heavy to see if any funnel had formed, but its possible that it did.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Bugger all here at the moment. Anyone know if anything is supposed to pop up in this neck of the woods? Sounds like further north is having the fun.

Posted

Dark over South East London way anything happening over there??? looks threatening! has been building for the past couple of hours.

Posted

Watching that line though Brum and Worcestershire develop and progress there is rotation evident within the cells of precipitation, bet there will be a tornado in that lot.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Theres a VERY small cell here, Just to my SW, I mean i can see all round it.

Its giving thunder 5 or 6 times every minute currently!

Wtf?

Lol

MOAR please! cant see any lightning so must be IC.

Shame its going away from me.

Also a shame that it looks like convection is slowing down :)

Edited by Lynxus

Posted

OK I admit it..I fell asleep yet again this afternoon and I suppose I have missed the second round of Storms today :)

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Thunder here now. biggrin.gif

Hi Blizzards.

Just watching the back end of that which is over you, probably still as we speak.

It passed over Solihull a few minutes ago and looks even more sinister than when it was above my head. Moderate rain mostly but could see more intense rain shafts to the East which is where I also heard a couple of distant rumbles of thunder.

A complete contrast to yesterday when some massive Cu's looked almost (again to my east!) stuck in the same position for a couple of hours. But still a good 2+ hours before sunset so who knows what may come about.

Incidentally, and I'm really peed off about this. There was a night-time storm with IC lightning not too far away from me over the Birmingham area on Saturday 5th June 2010 but I either didn't see it or hear it, or I fell asleep. (Also happened in May 2005, but again, asleep!) ARRGGHHHH!!! wallbash.gif

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

OK I admit it..I fell asleep yet again this afternoon and I suppose I have missed the second round of Storms today :)

Na, this storm is the first of the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Incidentally, and I'm really peed off about this. There was a night-time storm with IC lightning not too far away from me over the Birmingham area on Saturday 5th June 2010 but I either didn't see it or hear it, or I fell asleep. (Also happened in May 2005, but again, asleep!) ARRGGHHHH!!! wallbash.gif

Phil.

Yes we did have a small storm here at around 1am on Sunday morning. Some very nice, visible IC/CC Lightning. :)

Posted

Nice storm nearing Coventry now possible rotation at base to watch for:

Storm nearing Coventry

Posted

Na, this storm is the first of the day.

they couldnt of been that loud,certainly didnt wake me up :)

on another note I see Harry is suggesting a possible potentail from the Continent sometime this week..

Anyone have any info on such event

thats what we need is a Spanish Plume from Biscay

Edited by dogs32

Posted

This one just to the west shows it arriving and lowerings to the base.(it goes pitch dark on this cam during heavy rain though).

Warwick Uni

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Has been dull and showery for most of the day, the sun came out and now there's some very dark storm clouds pushing in from the east. Looks like a drenching will commence in about 10 mins or so. Getting very dark. Still no thunder this year though!

Posted

Just heard a rumble from the west, blimey I must have been a good boy...2 storms in 1 day!

Posted

Just heard a rumble from the west, blimey I must have been a good boy...2 storms in 1 day!

I certainly dont class a rumble as a storm!