Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Potential - June 13Th >>>>

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Its Monday. Any thundery possibilities currently dont arrive until late weekend or next week. It will change. I hope people dont get over excited again. I wont be until i see something!

Don't worry....I doubt anyone west of a line from say the Wash to the Isle of Wight will get excited..we know the score. The Easterners will get to hog it all again while we make do with the odd spot of drizzle.:o:)

Lol we struggle to get the drizzle here usually. Always seems very dry here. We never know what will happen but the charts have been disagreeing alot lately especially against the GFS. Im sure Lincolnshire will do well as they always do anyway. :D

Posted

Currently trending towards more central and northerly potential on Saturday through Sunday, but watching with interest.

Rtavn13211.png

Posted

France and the Low Countries (as usual) possibly seeing something a little bit sooner:

gfs_cape_eur69.png

But this is an interesting development, if correct:

gfs_spout_eur69.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

From the main page "If you're wonder when the end to the settled, warm spell may arrive - well it could well be during the weekend and there's a threat that when the breakdown comes it may be with a bang..

"

:) Its not April 1st is it?

Posted

I am Hopeing this time this well come off gfs still all over the place with the storms risk at the moment i am sticking with the ukmo and the ecm when it come to storms

Posted

Im getting excited already but not putting all my hopes in just yet..

Sunday should be fine, very warm and sunny in central and eastern parts, but with an increasing risk of showers or thunderstorms, already in some western areas, extending northeastwards to other areas by Monday. It should stay warm or very warm, with a chance of locally hot conditions persisting in the southeast, but cooler in the northwest. For the rest of next week it looks like becoming much more unsettled generally, with the possibility of some very windy weather for a time in the northwest of the UK. However, there will still be drier and brighter interludes, especially in the south and east. Temperatures should fall back to nearer normal, but occasionally warm in the south and east. These more unsettled conditions will probably last into the following week.

Updated: 1213 on Tue 22 Jun 2010

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Please can no-one get excited.

It will get me going.

We all know nothing will happen. Lets leave it at that yeah ?

Yeah right..

Cant wait :)

Whenever we get a few days of hot weather im always lurking checking the charts..

BREAKDOWN !!!! Incoming!!!!

While im not the best of forecasters, i will stick my neck out and say. :

Gloucester.. Low grey cloud. Light to moderate showers , Clear and chilly evenings. No thunder.

Posted

Ill get excited when I hear the 1st rumble of the year in the distance, till then ill enjoy the weather and banter :)

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

wow look good for storms on sunday most of the uk but monday dont look as good

Too early to say wait for the day before is the best bet. Remember the last lot of Carol K were humdingers of the nonedinger type mostly.

Edited by The PIT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Well net weather storm risk has changed alot! gone from like 36% on sunday earlier to now saying 71% sunday, hope it comes off as really need a storm here!!

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

The weekend is a long way-off in convective forecasting terms, so wouldn't like to hazard a guess on the potential right now, suffice to say falling heights and cold front(s) from the west will probably spark off some storms somewhere over the weekend and perhaps into Monday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Currently, though still subject to change, it is looking good for Wales, the Midlands and Northern parts of England on Saturday. On Sunday The risk transfers East, so more the Midlands, East Anglia, CS England and parts of N England. Risks elsewhere though not showing as likely or severe as the areas mentioned here.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Indications at this point still reasonable though

MU_London_avn.png

MU_Manchester_avn.png

You'd like this in the Midlands/Lincolnshire eh? :)

Rtavn8411.png

skew0.788769247782515.png

skew0.38019547176464.png

Posted

Please not Saturday night! That is the one night I can't have storms as it is my prom and seeing as the last decent storm I had was when I was in an exam over a year ago, and have otherwise been storm starved, I will actually :) if we finally get thunderstorms here on Saturday night! any other night is good!

Posted

Please not Saturday night! That is the one night I can't have storms as it is my prom and seeing as the last decent storm I had was when I was in an exam over a year ago, and have otherwise been storm starved, I will actually :) if we finally get thunderstorms here on Saturday night! any other night is good!

You didn't have a choice with the exam, but you do have a choice with the prom!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

thursdays sharp shrs breaking out across se/east anglia maybe rumbles of thunder ?

looks like north of london / east anglia could get a downpour maybe a rumble..looking at Lightning Wizard