Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Potential - June 13Th >>>>

Posted

the radar shows the area nicely as it developed just about south of here

as the banner from Paul shows-NW has a problem but this link to UK Met, you may need to register but its free, shows

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Edited by johnholmes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

This link goes to their invent product

http://www.metoffice...ent/weathermap/

Chris

Ps You may need to select radar from the right hand side

i move the invent radar on further to saturday(tomo) and its showing heavy shrs breaking out across east anglia/se england..

Posted

This link goes to their invent product

http://www.metoffice...ent/weathermap/

Chris

Ps You may need to select radar from the right hand side

thanks for radar link its very good... starting to cloud over here looking a bit dark to my SE, not expecting the heavy rain to get this far west though.

kaz x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Just had a short shower of thundery raindrops but not thundery rain if that makes sense. Very still and quite muggy out. Can see it all on the radar and ideally would move directly southwards but I think it's moving SEwards so may miss a lot of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

GFS 18z makes next weeks thundery potential just a NE thing with Cape etc massively downgraded. It will change plenty and quite often i find these situations move south some times. Start taking notice of the models around late monday or tuesday i would say.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Just had a short lived, but VERY heavy downpour. Only lasted 5 minutes but recorded 5.7mm of rain in that time alone! Unfortunately, there was no thunder or lightning so this year's thunderstorm total still stands at zero.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

CAPE will increase or decrease significantly and shift around even at t+24. I would only start looking at specifics around 1-2 days away from a day of notable convective potential. The positioning of the upper trough and associated surface Low is what dictates which places will be favoured for convective activity, and at this stage, the outlook is all too uncertain given the changes in the Low's position and timing of approach towards the UK- which is to be expected at this time.

General theme coming from the models seems to be a warm, humid and showery one for parts of the UK during the latter half of next week.

Indeed which is why i said look from about tuesday especially onwards. Gfs 18z just shows how the situation can all be so different with slight changes really.

Posted

well so far Im up to a 36% chance of a storm for Wednesday...keep going up plz...

I have lightning withdrawal's

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

No storms so far this year for me either. Not even a little rumble.

Will get some eventually, hopefully a good well organised elevated storm, my fave.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

A surprising amount of convection has resulted from this northerly across East Anglia, though it's quite shallow so I do not expect any thunder activity or any particularly heavy rain.

Got to say I'm liking the look of the charts at the moment, emphasis on low pressure to the west and high pressure to the south and east, and slack features rather than a strong Atlantic, usually leads to significant potential for convective events as well as warm sunshine. Not a lot is showing on the GFS 06Z convection-wise, apart from 24 June, but I think Weather09 is right to say we wouldn't need much of a shift for that to change.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

im really looking fwd to next week to see what happens with the shallow low..i think some are going to get some big storms and some a near heatwave (most likely se england) or both..unknw.gif what ever an interesting week coming upgood.gif

Posted

im really looking fwd to next week to see what happens with the shallow low..i think some are going to get some big storms and some a near heatwave (most likely se england) or both..unknw.gif what ever an interesting week coming upgood.gif

No near heatwave is at all likely neither are big storms right now. Maybe a few storms or thundery showers later next week but the charts currently dont suggest much. Plenty of time for change, If the current charts were right, the best thundery potential would be further North, not the SE.

Pointless taking notice really until at least Tuesday.

Yes it could turn very warm fro Central and Southern parts at times but not hot.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Im actually freezing today! its been stressy today as ive been buidlin my new computer all day could do with a good ol storm to relax me and give me something else to think about! but its been shockingly dull here and wednesday looks good for the north not the south/se!

Posted

Ian Fergusson saying a possibility of ThunderStorms developing over the weekend...But does say its a LOW risk at present. B)

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Possibilities retreating for this week but indeed looking better around the 28th - given that this is still a long way off yet in Fantasy Island!

MU_London_avn.png

MU_Manchester_avn.png

Rtavn13811.png

Posted

data GFS06z for SE uk so far looking good for thunderstorms saturday night(maybe) sunday morning and through sunday as latest shows low develop over n-france so we should pull up thunderstorms from france early hrs of sunday morning of course this is changing all the time as we know but at this stage it looks good.. drinks.gif

post-11361-12771327543794_thumb.png

post-11361-12771327588603_thumb.png