Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

In The News

jethro

Posted

You Can Fool Climate Deniers, But You Can’t Fool Mother Nature. Plants Pack up and Move North.

Ye right. I'm waiting for the day when I can grow Mediterranean fare in my back yard, like the AGW bunch were assuring us would be the norm,back in the day. As it stands, outdoor tomatoes haven't stood a chance in recent years.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Ye right. I'm waiting for the day when I can grow Mediterranean fare in my back yard, like the AGW bunch were assuring us would be the norm,back in the day. As it stands, outdoor tomatoes haven't stood a chance in recent years.

Are you really denying that the Arctic is warming too? And on the basis of tomatoes in your back yard? Really?

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Posted

Are you really denying that the Arctic is warming too? And on the basis of tomatoes in your back yard? Really?

Probably. Y'know, we're told one thing but our eyes tell us the opposite - the ultimate expression of 'denialism',right? Damn,if I actually took a trip to the 'pole I'd probably find more ice 'n' stuff than the world has "ever seen". Y'all need to open your eyes and take a look around instead of falling for anything which promotes this global warming nonsense. Maybe my backyard has it's own 'lil microclimate or my tomatoes just haven't felt like cooperating for the last five years or so. Maybe they're in denial?? Evidently I need help for my delusions - the return of fairly 'normal' winters in the same timespan were all in my mind,too. I swear that the AGW bunch said we could say goodbye to UK snow...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Probably. Y'know, we're told one thing but our eyes tell us the opposite - the ultimate expression of 'denialism',right? Damn,if I actually took a trip to the 'pole I'd probably find more ice 'n' stuff than the world has "ever seen"

So every every scientist, reputable scientific organisation on the planet, in every country is part of a big lie? Even the native Arctic communities are part of the lie? Even the satellites, buoys, thermometers and argo floats have gained sentience and are part of the lie? Even the permafrost, ice sheets and glaciers are joining in on the trick?

Y'all need to open your eyes and take a look around instead of falling for anything which promotes this global warming nonsense.

What? Open our eyes to the tomatoes?

Maybe my backyard has it's own 'lil microclimate or my tomatoes just haven't felt like cooperating for the last five years or so. Maybe they're in denial?? Evidently I need help for my delusions - the return of fairly 'normal' winters in the same timespan were all in my mind,too. I swear that the AGW bunch said we could say goodbye to UK snow...

But the AGW bunch didn't say we wouldn't have snow. One person said it would become rare, that's all. You're exaggerating and misrepresenting. Certainly, nobody claimed that normal winters were a thing of the past.

Wow.... just wow.

bunk-the-wire.gif

Posted

Where on earth is that from, even after allowing for the Aemrican spelling it sems to harve bean put togather by a dyslexic indoctrinated 12 year old rofl.gif

Edited by 4wd

Posted

You Can Fool Climate Deniers, But You Can’t Fool Mother Nature. Plants Pack up and Move North.

http://climatecrocks..._medium=twitter

Greedy Lying laminate floors – Opening This Weekend

March 8, 2013

Climate Denial Crock of The week.

http://climatecrocks.com/

Tricky one, is it a scene from Life of Brian?

Posted

Where on earth is that from, even after allowing for the Aemrican spelling it sems to harve bean put togather by a dyslexic indoctrinated 12 year old rofl.gif

I agree the spelling is not what you would expect from an ex NASA scientist who has even released his own papers. Brushing that aside it's the facts that are more important.

Posted

I agree the spelling is not what you would expect from an ex NASA scientist who has even released his own papers. Brushing that aside it's the facts that are more important.

If an ex scientist can't get a grip of basic spelling, it's unlikely that anything else is remotely correct either!

Posted

If an ex scientist can't get a grip of basic spelling, it's unlikely that anything else is remotely correct either!

Nit picking on detail which is irrelevant to the fact's, and had already been noted in such manner.. is this your only form of denial ?

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

Before any more arguments as to CO2's contribution to the obviously changing climate ; I ask... do you live in a house with a dark roof ? Then calculate Its contribution to global warming on a yearly basis just due to colour Then quantify the daily contribution of your car .. globally warming just sitting in the sun .. And do you refuse to drive or walk on of all things ..TAR ..? .. Or do you fail to recognise all the heating you / we do to the planet without expending one molecule of CO2 and that could be reversed at a personal or local level in no time at all ? Truth is for all the noise nobody really gives a XXXX ! .. I am most interested in what mother nature does to restore balance.. and how that affects her children .. i.e.all of us ...

Posted

Your seriously setting yourself up for a hoisted petarding, so their...

Before any more arguments as to CO2's contribution to the obviously changing climate ; I ask... do you live in a house with a dark roof ? Then calculate Its contribution to global warming on a yearly basis just due to colour Then quantify the daily contribution of your car .. globally warming just sitting in the sun .. And do you refuse to drive or walk on of all things ..TAR ..? .. Or do you fail to recognise all the heating you / we do to the planet without expending one molecule of CO2 and that could be reversed at a personal or local level in no time at all ? Truth is for all the noise nobody really gives a XXXX ! .. I am most interested in what mother nature does to restore balance.. and how that affects her children .. i.e.all of us ...

What is mother nature? People keep going on about her but what is 'she'? I don't buy the idea. I see rhino's being slaughtered for their horns, elephant for their teeth, sharks hacked to death for their fins, krill hoovered up to feed pets, rainforest chopped, fish fished not to the point the pips squeek but till there are no pips, I see rivers that people wont swim in for £10,000 or river full of dead pigs, I see beautiful reefs blown up to get at the fish, I see buffalo nearly extinguished and only saved by us who nearly extinguished them and NOT ONCE has 'mother nature' done a thing.

No, it's up to US to sort out the planet, to sort out the wanton mess we're making of it. 'Mother nature' doesn't exist and it wont sort it out and citing 'it' sounds like an excuse to do nothing.

IMO.

Edit: so, yes, I do give a XXXX

Edited by Devonian

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Hi Dev!

I understand where you are coming from and sympathise.

To me mother N. is used for the planet and it's own 'settings', the thing that deamnds 'balance'? I would not include all the critters and environments that we so thoughlessly trash for our own needs/ends?

When I look at the changes to the planets energy budget, and see imbalance, then I use 'Nature' as a way to encompass the mass of differing ways that the planet utilises to bring about some semblance of 'balance' to a system out of whack.

It grows ever more complicated as the planet's past balance was tied into it's ice reserves and albedo and these factors kept potions of the planets carbon cycle in hibernation so any changes will cause alteration in that 'hibernating carbon cycle' and so add further forcings (and so on and so on). All I know is that eventually , over time, all this 'imbalance will shake out anf the planet will again enjoy as kind of dynamic stability?

So the 'tools' at her disposal to bring about 'balance' may . in fact, lead to greater imbalance in the short term as the planet allows for the new size of carbon cycle that the new temps allow for. It is the speed at which those changes occur that bring the dangers some of us foresee?

Past Abrupt warming were driven by the same type of forcings we see begining today.

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Polar Maritime, March 11, 2013 - off topic
Hidden by Polar Maritime, March 11, 2013 - off topic

So every every scientist, reputable scientific organisation on the planet, in every country is part of a big lie? Even the native Arctic communities are part of the lie? Even the satellites, buoys, thermometers and argo floats have gained sentience and are part of the lie? Even the permafrost, ice sheets and glaciers are joining in on the trick?

What? Open our eyes to the tomatoes?

But the AGW bunch didn't say we wouldn't have snow. One person said it would become rare, that's all. You're exaggerating and misrepresenting. Certainly, nobody claimed that normal winters were a thing of the past.

Wow.... just wow.

Ian Brown did...smile.png

Posted

Yes indeed GW, but while we could sort out the mess in human time scales it will take planetary systems geological time scales, or longer depending upon how much damage we do, imo...

Posted

And unfortunately in the interim..................... I'm not convinced we can sort out the mess. To many heads and sand come to mind.

Edited by knocker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost

Yes indeed GW, but while we could sort out the mess in human time scales it will take planetary systems geological time scales, or longer depending upon how much damage we do, imo...

the melting of the Arctic Ice seems to be happening rather fast to be considered outside of human time scales .. and the consequences may not wait for geological time to pass .. a bit like being in the Devonian period again ...

Posted

Hi Be cause!

Agreed, some of the 'alterations' are occuring very fast indeed but others, like the re-stabilisation of the ice sheets at the 'new' stable temps, will take a long while?

Sadly every time we get a tad more of our carbon cycle out of deep freeze we increase temps a little more meaning we have to melt a bit more of the ice and release a tad more of the hibernating carbon cycle.

To me our initial carbon forcing would appear to mean that we will always have a higher temp forcing than the global carbon cycle (some of which is our 'hibernating' portion) could manage alone? in fact , to me, i can't see any other final result than the complete melt out of all of earths ice sheets and total re-integration of all of our potential carbon cycle......plus the bit of the carboniferous/permian/cretaceous carbon cycles we decided to add into the mix....over time. Such impacts must take many thousands of years to complete?

Posted

Nit picking on detail which is irrelevant to the fact's, and had already been noted in such manner.. is this your only form of denial ?

Such shocking spelling would have been pounced upon by the AGW bunch had a denier been the author, then held up as an example of why they shouldn't be allowed near a keyboard,let alone a computer model. It's all gotten so messy these days that I've forgot what it is that I'm supposed to be denying. By the way, why have you put an apostrophe in "facts"?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm if possible but a little snow is nice.

Lazerguy I have to agree with you on this. The shoddy state of what is touted as science in many of these publications/ pronouncements etc. is really quite embarrassing. Presentation is actually key in determining the actual expertise and understanding in any subject the person/organization is showcasing and the care taken in that presentation is telling. This is the same in business as it is in any other situation such as personal relationships, job hunting and so on.

Posted

LG, Dr strong now retired but he still put's info out there for the public as a hobby, im pretty sure his papers want contain spelling mistakes... Take a read of a few of them and check.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

So are to to assume that anyone who's dyslexic is, as of necessity, stupid?

Posted

Lazerguy I have to agree with you on this. The shoddy state of what is touted as science in many of these publications/ pronouncements etc. is really quite embarrassing. Presentation is actually key in determining the actual expertise and understanding in any subject the person/organization is showcasing and the care taken in that presentation is telling. This is the same in business as it is in any other situation such as personal relationships, job hunting and so on.

You've made just a few posts hereabouts. Those posts are not without the things you condemn others for. So, should we condemn you likewise?

Posted

To err is human......

Slow news day guys?