Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

General Storm Discussion Thread

dogs32

Posted

UKMO starting to show a similar area first thing, this may be another Kent clipper!!! (or not.... :blink: )

21OWS_EUROPE_MODEL-DATA_UKMO-GLOBAL_TS-THREAT_SFC_72_00Z.png

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

whats the chances of this feature moving a little further in for the SE ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

anyone seen the storm over france?

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

anyone seen the storm over france?

The cells which developed over northern spain where HUGE

Posted

The biggest cell ive seen this year was a duracell!! It was alsothe most electrical event tooo! lol

Those lucky french eh? Crap world cup and they get all the storms!! we had a crap world cup too!

On the meridian weather they said things will turn thundery on monday!!

Posted

Spanish Plume ? i assume again

Posted

South west of england / ireland that rain at the south seems to becomming stronger any chance that could develop?

Posted

yeah its getting heavy according to the radar

Posted

12Z GFS wanted storms to clip Kent on Saturday late afternoon/early evening, the 18z has now pushed this, as usual, further eastwards.

The MCS is gone from Sunday night, and it looks rather thundery-less this weekend overall :whistling:

Posted

2 years without a proper thunderstorm in Glouc :D

insanity!!!

you have to travel 100's of miles to see a Storm :whistling:

with 31 predicted today you would think this hot spell would go out with a bang :lol:

Posted

Thats why I save my money up Stu,

to go off abroad or the USA to see Storms...

Anyway the good news is still plenty of time yet for here

Posted

Do you really want to see what ESTOFEX are showing just across the Channel??? :lol:

post-6667-097883900 1278658439_thumb.jpg

It may not get much better over the next two days according to some.....

gfs_cape_eur36.png

gfs_spout_eur36.png

gfs_cape_eur66.png

gfs_spout_eur66.png

21OWS_EUROPE_MODEL-DATA_UKMO-GLOBAL_TS-THREAT_SFC_60_00Z.png

Who's for catching the ferry to France for the weekend then? :whistling:

Posted

Well we had a carrot dangled in front of us with yesterdays 12z but now Storm Prospects have been shunted even further east. . .

How many tears need to be shed to get a damn storm in this Country :whistling: :lol:

I'm delighted for my fellow Europeans in France and the Low Countries to see them get hit with storm after storm :D:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Everyone still seems so surprised to see it shunt east at times. Weve seen it all too many times. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Sky is full of altocumulus this morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Everyone still seems so surprised to see it shunt east at times. Weve seen it all too many times. :)

I know...it must be lower educational standards down there or 'sumthink'...You'd think those pesky South Easterners would have learnt by now that there going to see diddly-squat....At least up here, after untold disappointments, we know that we're not going to get anything.... :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

True. Though even home grown storms have been abysmal this year, no where near as many as we should and very scattered. Compared to the likes of 2004, 2005 and 2006, this year really isn't going very well for storms.

The chart for next Wednesday looks interesting (which is typical as I will be in Spain) so possibly some action for even the west of the country which almost always missed out.

Posted

One of the things I have never ever got on Netweather over the Summer Months is why people dont club together and "hop" across the Channel. There were Storms last weekend, and again Midweek, Yesterday evening had some Storms within 75 Miles of the NW French Coast, they are forecasted AGAIN Today, and Tomorrow and AGAIN On Sunday.

How hard can it be for 4 people to put in £20 each for the Ferry & Petrol and spend a day or even 2 days if you want to push the boat out and fork out £50 for the 2 days (This would even include a nights B&B)

I am astounded that a group of people have never got together on a Friday evening and took the plunge returning on a Sunday, this Weekend would be an ideal time to go :whistling:

It does not even have to be people from the SE, I am sure a group of people from as far away as the Midland :rofl: (80 Miles) Could make a Team or even buddy up with a few from the SE.

What is stopping you guys ?? I dont get it, everyone is moaning about the lack of Storms yet they are literally only 200 Miles away pretty much on every day, Storms WONT Come to you.

A for instance if we stayed in DFW this year hoping for Storms we would not have had 1 single flash of Lightning. It may look like there are Storms every day in the US But you can bet your dollar some places over there have not had a single storm this year as well.

Paul S

Posted

One of the things I have never ever got on Netweather over the Summer Months is why people dont club together and "hop" across the Channel. There were Storms last weekend, and again Midweek, Yesterday evening had some Storms within 75 Miles of the NW French Coast, they are forecasted AGAIN Today, and Tomorrow and AGAIN On Sunday.

Who's for catching the ferry to France for the weekend then? :whistling:

Unfortunately my weekend is already totally accounted for (and has been for some time) but it's a great idea Paul and worth following up in the next couple of months I reckon!

Posted

Hi guys..sorry if this is the wrong place to post this...but im off to France..about 1hr outside Paris..10 mins or so from Euro-Disney tommorow about 4pm arrive there about 6pm (local time) just wondering the chances of seeing a good storm.

Ive to interpret the charts etc and have no clue..and having looked through several forecasts they all seem to contradict each other.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Posted

There is a risk of non-severe thunderstorms tomorrow late afternoon and into the evening across that region of France. High temperatures and increasing moisture will and steep lapse rates will generate moderate CAPE through the day, with trough distubance triggering thunderstorms during the period. Main threat looks to be excessive precipitation given the amount of moisture and energy available, with perhaps a risk of decent sized hail and strong convective wind gusts.

Okay..thanks for the reply weather..it would be good to see 'something' at least as the last 'proper storm' was May 2006..

what a night that was) since then apart from the odd rumble absolutley zilch.

Fed up with the lack of storms here even when all the ingredients are right..heat humidity..etc (i know a load of other factors come into play) but you can always be sure to put your house on it nothing will happen.

Posted

Thanks in advance for any replies.

mickeymouse.jpg

A greatly increased chance over what may be expected from the UK, but I'm not putting my neck out further than that - it's hard enough determining what may or may not happen on our own soil!! :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

How hard can it be for 4 people to put in £20 each for the Ferry & Petrol and spend a day or even 2 days if you want to push the boat out and fork out £50 for the 2 days (This would even include a nights B&:lol:

I am astounded that a group of people have never got together on a Friday evening and took the plunge returning on a Sunday, this Weekend would be an ideal time to go :clap:

It does not even have to be people from the SE, I am sure a group of people from as far away as the Midland :) (80 Miles) Could make a Team or even buddy up with a few from the SE.

What is stopping you guys ?? I dont get it, everyone is moaning about the lack of Storms yet they are literally only 200 Miles away pretty much on every day, Storms WONT Come to you.

A for instance if we stayed in DFW this year hoping for Storms we would not have had 1 single flash of Lightning. It may look like there are Storms every day in the US But you can bet your dollar some places over there have not had a single storm this year as well.

Paul S

Would love to Paul, I really would! But regrettably I can't get away from work ad hoc, and knowing my luck the times I do, the storms will either shift further over the continent, or as I'm travelling out of Calais see storms swerving Westwards towards home :D