Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow And Ice In The Northern Hemisphere

Posted

Get better soon!!

Here's the snow and ice from Thursday's image. Definitely a bit greener in the south of England.

post-7706-0-66192300-1292000911_thumb.gi

Edited by picog

Posted

Get better soon!!

Here's the snow and ice from Thursday's image. Definitely a bit greener in the south of England.

Is most of ireland still covered in snow, as the map shows?? :)

I would have thought not.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Going by this there's stil a decent amount, though a little difficult to see with the clouds.

United_Kingdom_Ireland.2010343.aqua.1km.jpg

Posted

Get well soon CH, you will see a couple of changes when you get back to fitness, the Hudson Bay area has suddenly started to ice over quite quickly. On our side of the globe the UK and especially France are showing big losses of the white stuff, though I'm pretty sure this is only temporary. It is strange how the snow is refusing to advance out of Russia across the border of western Kazakhstan towards the Caspian Sea, though by the looks of it the snow may well have its visa sorted out next week.

Cheers

FC

Edited by frozencanals

Posted

That seems about right the white blob above me idicates the snow in the Brecon beacons which is still there I see it every morning although its lost alot it looks like to be retaining from here onwards.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

I remember in early November somebody posted a ranking saying that snowcover was 15/42, i was just wondering where we stand for November?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

I came across these people whilst looking at active volcano's or rather their plumes.

I hope this is useful on this thread.

http://miravi.eo.esa.int/en/

A word of warning these pictures are Massive, JPG's of 30mb sometimes and BMP's of 200mb or more. so be careful what you click. Searching is on the left just click a picture and it will show you where it is in the map, then you get to choose the JPG or BMP of what ever size they give, two choices per picture.

Here is one from today(sorry yesterday!) of Southern British Isles

http://mrrs-ks.eo.esa.int/mrrs/images/2010/12/12/MER_FR__0PNPDK20101212_110540_000000973097_00224_45928_1554.N1_4D04AC44_image_0260.jpg

If your lucky they'll have a shot or two of the snowy UK over the next couple of weeks. The whole NH is pretty well covered, over a few days usualy

Please respect their copyrights as I and lots of others would not like to see this site restricted. Thanks in advance.

Russ

Edited by Rustynailer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Wow nice find Rustynailer, could have done with this t'other Wednesday when I was under a ft of snow xD

Consider it bookmarked!

Posted

http://climate.rutgers.edu/snowcover/table_rankings.php?ui_set=1

November was another above average for northern hemisphere snowfall, though less anomolous than October, November ranked 20/45.

Posted

It looks like sea ice is trending towards forming a bridge between SE Greenland & NW Iceland - is this normal and when did it last happen?

It does happen from time to time yes, What we are seeing however which is unusual for so early on is alot of ice building off the south of Svalbard this is due to the cold pooling situated in North Eastern Europe (Scandinavia).

Posted

Thanks for looking after the thread guys whilst I've been ill, I actually got influenza which has knocked me for six, I'm alot better now though :-)

Here's today's picture, looks to be a nice big area of snow in China.

16thdec2010.gif

Edited by cyclonic happiness

Posted

Good to see you back CH. I see the UK and Ireland are now looking decidedly green! Hopefully, that will change in the next day or so.

Posted

Britain dissapering again :-)

18thdec2010.gif

The baltic seems fine to me but last time i checked there was a large warm anomoly in hudson bay, this will be hindering the regrowth somewhat. although it seems to have been filtered out now.

http://weather.unisys.com/surface/sst_anom.html

Posted

Britain dissapering again :-)

18thdec2010.gif

The baltic seems fine to me but last time i checked there was a large warm anomoly in hudson bay, this will be hindering the regrowth somewhat. although it seems to have been filtered out now.

http://weather.unisys.com/surface/sst_anom.html

Nice to see you back :smiliz19:

Yep, looking very good again this year :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I see one pixel representing my area lol Come on we need more snowfall.. am not greedy honest - just hate it being green around here again