Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow And Ice In The Northern Hemisphere

Posted

Well the site updated early today, so this is actually TODAY'S picture!!

look, britain's is freezing over!!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::drinks::drunk::clap::clap:

:clap: Hey, that's me there, just about on the southern edge of the white stuff. If I'd been a 10 miles further down, I'd have been green!

We still have a good portion of our Friday snow left, what with it having been so :cold: . :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

@spindrift1980

That must be the satellite picture/service the Beeb used last January. Will be interesting to see it again by the end of the week!

Posted

Well the site updated early today, so this is actually TODAY'S picture!!

look, britain's is freezing over!!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::drinks::drunk::clap::clap:

28thnov2010.gif

this image of britain seems a little liberal with the snow dont you think

Posted

I've travelled down from York to Bristol today and there is NOT that much snow! Only a very small

dusting and then nothing south of Birmingham. The only place that has snow is York northwards and a

small patchy amount around.

Even the Pennines don't have any snow! :whistling:

Posted

I've travelled down from York to Bristol today and there is NOT that much snow! Only a very small

dusting and then nothing south of Birmingham. The only place that has snow is York northwards and a

and it is mostly eastern areas too,certainly the north west is mostly bereft of snow.

Posted

Today's picture, I suppose it's a bit difficult to see detail over our patch it being so little compared but, you can see a small area of green in the NW

29thnov2010.gif

Posted

:mellow: I still have mine from Friday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer, easy really!!

:mellow: I still have mine from Friday.

Me too so bit confused why we are still in the green. It was -1 when I left for work this morning

Posted

What happened to this then :pardon:

[/qi stand correcred...but you could hardly blame me

29112010.jpg

christ...thats so depressing...i live in manchester...

Me too so bit confused why we are still in the green. It was -1 when I left for work this morning

cold is no guaruntee of snow

Edited by greybing

Posted

The only 'place' that has snow is north of York? Only somewhere between a third and a half of Great Britain's surface area then!

Posted

One has to accept what you say, although its odd that the picture shown several posts below your post suggests otherwise. Of course we have no idea from that we have no idea of depth.

Out of interest, Doncaster which you passed on your left, either on the M1 or A1, has generally 2-4cm this morning and probably about 2cm or so yesterday?

Posted

Those pics are either guesswork, low res or include frost theres been no depth of snow here at all at the moment there are maybe a couple of isolated little patches here and there but nothing on the north norfolk coast yet that map shows otherwise, sorry not believing much what that has to show

Posted

You can keep an eye on satellite images of the UK at this link:

http://rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/realtime/single.php?2010333/crefl2_143.A2010333130000-2010333130500.2km.jpg

Its gradually beginning to resemble the snow-covered Great Britain image from last January. Re: the posts above, Pennines definitely have snow now.

Posted

the weather people would have us believe that as of tomorrow a lot more places in britian will have a covering.........with that in mind hopefully the north west will have some as we are woefully bereft of the white stuff,well tha white stuff which falls from the sky anyway,take it from me ,it is white here in eccles,greater manchester,it is just perpetual frost.

Posted

Surprised most of Ireland is white...cc_confused.gif There isn't much snow here on the ground.

Edited by fear sneachta

Posted

Surprised most of Ireland is white...cc_confused.gif There isn't much snow here on the ground.

Well driving from Kilkenny to Dublin this morning there wasn't anywhere without at least an inch or two snow cover!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Today's picture, I suppose it's a bit difficult to see detail over our patch it being so little compared but, you can see a small area of green in the NW

29thnov2010.gif

The south east isn't like that all! , i'm starting to wonder about these pictures

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

The south east isn't like that all! , i'm starting to wonder about these pictures

Why wasn't the SE like that at all? On that image the SE is green, as it was yesterday? You may be confusing EA (which is white on that image) with the SE...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Well in the Belfast and surrounding area there is no white stuff, but the pic does show Northern ireland to be completely white. I've only seen a dusting of graupel this whole cold spell which melted in the afternoon.

Posted

what has happened to the daily updates cyclonic,though there has been a little bit of banter concerning the accuracy of them don't stop mate,i for one enjoy checking it out on a daily basis.

Posted

what has happened to the daily updates cyclonic,though there has been a little bit of banter concerning the accuracy of them don't stop mate,i for one enjoy checking it out on a daily basis.

C'mon CH - your audience awaits !!

Posted

I noticed when flying into Northern Ireland last week that many of the fields appeared snowy, but in actual fact it was just hard frost. I suspect that might be why some areas appear to be "snowier" than they really are.