Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow And Ice In The Northern Hemisphere

Posted

Come on CH. Where are you?

sorry! I was so taken aback that we'd finally got some snow, tha I've been out most of the day with the dog...ehem..playing in the snow :lol:

*slaps own wrists*

Will be back on the ball tomorrow, i'm back at work and it's part of my morning routine now.

thanks for todays post as well :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

@Strider, hmm looking at this latest image I would say this is a distinct possibility given that it shows the whole of the UK is under snowcover, but at the same time this chart doesn't indicate depth, although I bet there are many posters living in the SW that confirm they do not have any snowcover whatsoever.

Edited by djrikki

Posted

Well only a smidgeon of the UK left to be covered now, really amazing considering it's the second day of winter!

2nddec200.gif

Posted

Well only a smidgeon of the UK left to be covered now, really amazing considering it's the second day of winter!

2nddec200.gif

Lets hope that this is not the only high point of winter, and we spend the next three months watching the white receeding back into eastern Europe, but for now its looking brilliant.

Thanks for the info its been really interesting watching the progress since the thread started.

Cheers

FC

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

Surprised that there are still green bits in N France

Why there is 13cm of snow here and nothing in the town. but yet there is snow in ballymoney and ballymena it looks like the showers just missed out a few places.

Posted

Just cornwall to go now and we will be all white on the night!

It is weird to see southern russia without snow? :blink:

3rddec2010.gif

Posted

It was featured briefly on BBC Breakfast this morning, pretty impressive, be a good to see another one without so much cloud cover. Is it possible to keep an eye on it WeatherEater and post enough at some point?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Why there is 13cm of snow here and nothing in the town. but yet there is snow in ballymoney and ballymena it looks like the showers just missed out a few places.

Ballymoney is in N Ireland, not N France.

Posted

Just cornwall to go now and we will be all white on the night!

It is weird to see southern russia without snow? :blink:

3rddec2010.gif

And all of Turkey, you'd have thought Eastern Turkey would be pretty snowy by now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it!

The resolution of that cannot be very good, as there is no snow cover here or much of sw wales and there hasnt been for the entire cold spell :whistling:

Edited by Scarlet_Snow

Posted

It was featured briefly on BBC Breakfast this morning, pretty impressive, be a good to see another one without so much cloud cover. Is it possible to keep an eye on it WeatherEater and post enough at some point?

I shall keep an eye out. PS, I like your Amiga links, they bring back some fond memory’s

Posted

I shall keep an eye out. PS, I like your Amiga links, they bring back some fond memory’s

Ah thanks for noticing, brings back many fond memories to me too. Don't own an Amiga atm, last time I owned one was back in 1997, now I am waiting for the new Amiga X1000 early next year.

Anyone who doesn't know what the Amiga was/is - is either too young or only bought a computer as a result of the 'invention' of the internet.

http://www.amigafilm.com - Quick 2 minute youtube video on the site, this might remind you! If not there are thousands of clip on youtube!

Hope you had the time to visit my own site AmigaOS.net - taken me weeks of dedication and research to get it where it is now.

The fall of Commodore is the biggest tragedy of the computer industry.

Edited by djrikki

Posted

Looks like southern britain is re-emerging form the snow cover for a while.

Here's one of across the pond too.

6thdec2010.gif

6thdec2010am.gif

Posted

I think quite a few places are emerging from under the white stuff, alot more of France than in the latest chart is green again, indeed in SW France it is a balmy 13 degrees. Nice to see the ice sheet reaching out from Greenland to Iceland....

Cheers

FC

Edited by frozencanals

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

I think quite a few places are emerging from under the white stuff, alot more of France than in the latest chart is green again, indeed in SW France it is a balmy 13 degrees. Nice to see the ice sheet reaching out from Greenland to Iceland....

Cheers

FC

Yes i was wondering if there might be an Icebridge forming this Winter between the 2 countries.

It doesn`t happen often,would be quite something.

Posted

Here's today's, as you can see we still have a large area around the caspian that's snow free?!!

9thdec2010.gif

I just thought I'd register to offer my thanks to Cyc for creating such a great thread. It's fascinating watching the snow and ice develop over the weeks and months.

Would it be possible to show the map for this time last year? I'd be interested to see how they compare.

Thanks,

Ben

Posted

Hi Folks

Thought I would bring this thread back to the front page as I was wondering what the latest image will be like, I guess a few green bits will be emerging in the UK and France. It will also be interesting to see how the ice pack is progessing between Alaska and Russia. Has the snow pack reached the edges of the Caspian Sea yet.. all these questions and more will be answered if someone would be so kind as to post the next NOAA image... must make a note of the link myself and stop being so lazy... :blush:

Cheers

FC

Edited by frozencanals

Posted

Hi folks Paul 'AKA Cyclonic Happiness' has asked me to come on to tell you that he's not able to make any updates to the thread as he has a bad chest infection which means he's laid up at the minute.

He also asks if it would be ok for one of you to post for him? Thanks.