Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow And Ice In The Northern Hemisphere

Posted

No sign of snow around Moscow till at least same time next week :-(

typical isn't it? we get the chance of a great northeasterly/easterly and bloody moscow has no snowcover!! :lol:

Posted

Not that it'll affect our chances of white stuff, but looks like Alberta (as well as British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Manitoba) will be turning rather white in the next few days and staying that way for the forseeable (Calgary temps progged to be -12 or lower maxes until the weekend last time I checked).

Posted

typical isn't it? we get the chance of a great northeasterly/easterly and bloody moscow has no snowcover!! :lol:

That wonb't generally affect things as much as people thing. North east, Scandinavia is actually fairly cold atm, the main reason for no snow in Western russia is pure lack of precipitation rather than cold conditions. With this easterly things are likely to kick up and expect to see parts of lowland uk joining the white from latter next week onwards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

That wonb't generally affect things as much as people thing. North east, Scandinavia is actually fairly cold atm, the main reason for no snow in Western russia is pure lack of precipitation rather than cold conditions. With this easterly things are likely to kick up and expect to see parts of lowland uk joining the white from latter next week onwards.

Lapland has had little fresh snow these past 7 days due to the Anticyclone but temps are ~-20C. This way please :cold:

Posted

*yawns and goes back to bed*

17thnov2010-1.gif

Don't be so negative lol this can happen many a time it has no coleration regarding our snow if we have some of the wintry stuff next week because A winds come from the north east - scandinavia, B - the snocover on russia could change over night, c - with no precipitation you can't have snow regardless of how cold it is.

Posted

Don't lose hope! Canada has started to get going again. And the blobs over Scotland are still there!

Re: the 'blobs' - the extent of upland snow cover in Scotland (both highlands and southern uplands) is already quite impressive for the time of year, as the link to the attached satellite image shows. Was out and about at the weekend and most things above 600m or so have got pretty good cover.

http://rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/realtime/single.php?A103191250

Posted

Just out of interest the Cheviot hills seemed to have a covering on Monday of this week,I am going up to Scotland tomorrow so will get a good view as to how much or any is left-will report when I get to Aberdeen.

Posted

I think there is a good chance that the Cheviots would have some cover at the moment. Lower hills in the Southern Uplands of Scotland around Moffat and even the Ochil Hills above Stirling have (or have had in the very recent past) some accumulations.

Posted

*yawns and goes back to bed*

With Russia experiancing record temperatures (warm), you may need to stay in bed for a few more days :D

Posted

Sorry coudn't post this this morning coz the site was down, probably in preparation for the massive hike in viewers come the cold spell?

Anyway, nothing to get excited about....18thnov2010.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Canada looking much better imo.

Posted

Sorry coudn't post this this morning coz the site was down, probably in preparation for the massive hike in viewers come the cold spell?

Anyway, nothing to get excited about....18thnov2010.gif

There is evident growth in Canada and North America, the snow cover is really holding its own in eastern siberia there isnt much precipitation in Western RUssia atm where do you expect the snow to come from a shaker? Don't be so negative it puts a dampner on the discussion :(

Posted

He he!! sorry about that, don't mean to be a wet blanket, i didn't even notice canada today tbh...must need a rest or something? :lol:

Posted

cyclonic ,have you got the snow on ground chart for the american continent at the moment,could you post it.

There is evident growth in Canada and North America, the snow cover is really holding its own in eastern siberia there isnt much precipitation in Western RUssia atm where do you expect the snow to come from a shaker? Don't be so negative it puts a dampner on the discussion :(

man,people can be negative if they want ,they have a right to express how they feel,we shouldn't have to be positive pretentiously.no offense is meant by this post ,it just annoys me when people feel they should censor emotions.

Edited by greybing

Posted

cyclonic ,have you got the snow on ground chart for the american continent at the moment,could you post it.

man,people can be negative if they want ,they have a right to express how they feel,we shouldn't have to be positive pretentiously.no offense is meant by this post ,it just annoys me when people feel they should censor emotions.

Sorry but photobucket is playing up atm...here's the link anyhow http://www.natice.noaa.gov/pub/ims/ims_gif/DATA/cursnow_usa.gif

(ps, just ignor me, i'm well known for having my 'grumpy and cantankerous' periods) :D

Edited by cyclonic happiness

Posted

Haha no that's fair enough I see what you mean I was just trying to give a bit of hope to him as he's been worrying the last few days evidently in the way he's been posting the updates thats all :)

Posted

i've been posting updates in errant ways of late not because of the lack of snow this side, but more for rl influences and stuff, i'll be back on track early december.

I have no intention of letting this thread slip now as it's become a bit of an animal, i'd toyed with the idea of starting one for the past 3 years but though no-one would take any notice....*note to self...'ignor self'...* :D

Posted

thanks for the link.

Haha no that's fair enough I see what you mean I was just trying to give a bit of hope to him as he's been worrying the last few days evidently in the way he's been posting the updates thats all :)

no worries,no offense was intended,jst venting.

Posted

19thnov2010.gif

lots to be happy about this morning with a huge wodge of new snow leaping westward throughout the whole of siberia!!! hope this is just the strt of it's recovery! :yahoo::drunk:

Posted

looks like there will be some warm and cold fronts to the east of scandinavia in the next few days, It could bring some significant snowfall to the areas lacking at the moment as long as its cold enough in those parts which hopeflly it should be.

Actually on second look for places like Poland it looks like it could be a touch on the warm side.... ca't be long now though surely!

Edited by barrel1234