Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Walkers Guess Where It Will Rain And Win £10

westysweather

Posted

Well today didn't pan out quite as expected. Walkers will be pleased!

Got a shock when I checked the radar a few minutes ago to find my square in NW Scotland had virtually no activity between 0800-1100 with the main bulk moving through in the early hours of the morning.

And yesterday's in SW Ireland was another near miss for me with the square above mine a winner. Looks like my beginners' luck is over, but I've just banked a load of codes so I'm good for another week and a half of rain forecasting.

Posted

In any case more frontal rain coming into parts of the north of Ireland/ Eire and western Scotland now.

Aye, but to bloomin' late for those of us who looked at model output before placing sure fire bets in Scotland today! :wallbash: Can I sue GPS for loss of earnings? :whistling:

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Aye, but to bloomin' late for those of us who looked at model output before placing sure fire bets in Scotland today! :wallbash: Can I sue GPS for loss of earnings? :whistling:

I am in the same boat, but have hopes for this afternoon period.:unknw:

Posted

I think its just a small gap in the band, it looks quite promising for Norfolk.

Its not as easy as it first appears predicting rain( unless your names essan)

I wished i had picked Norfolk now its very wet.

Posted

I might have picked Norfolk myself - had the model output at the weekend not been quite so emphatic that Scotland was going to be wet all day, and not just get a couple spits of drizzle in the afternoon :wallbash:

That's twice in less than a week it's been totally wrong (Saturday was the same)

Edited by Essan

Posted

I might have picked Norfolk myself - had the model output at the weekend not been quite so emphatic that Scotland was going to be wet all day, and not just get a couple spits of drizzle in the afternoon :wallbash:

That's twice in less than a week it's been totally wrong (Saturday was the same)

Its reminding us just how fickle is rainfall/ forecasting rainfall- guess thats why its so interesting though.

Add me to the list :lol: , disappointing to lose today, when it has been bucketing down in Wales. My losing streak continues.

Posted

Well today didn't pan out quite as expected. Walkers will be pleased!

Got a shock when I checked the radar a few minutes ago to find my square in NW Scotland had virtually no activity between 0800-1100 with the main bulk moving through in the early hours of the morning.

And yesterday's in SW Ireland was another near miss for me with the square above mine a winner. Looks like my beginners' luck is over, but I've just banked a load of codes so I'm good for another week and a half of rain forecasting.

Yeah I didn't win with my square either, yet I am pretty certain more than 1mm fell in the eastern side of my square!

Certainly didn't win with today's 2 in western Scotland either!

Posted

And it should have been the opposite although I think you will struggle for 1mm in Cambs still.

My Scottish pick for yesterday didn't deliver, but the one around the Cambs / East Mids area for yesterday 2pm - 5pm was a winner. yahoo.gif

Edited by Koppite

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Well yesterdays 3 squares all lost and the annoying thing is that all three squares were all surrounded by winning squares gah so frustrating! -.-

Posted

After yesterdays amazing GFS Cock Up (Only out by about 300 miles) It looks like my square today is going to be a winner, picked 11am until 2pm and have had 3 Moderate Showers so far east of Oban. Makes up a bit for yesterdays wasted opportunity to fleece Walkers.

Paul S

Posted

If one of my squares for yesterday is coloured blue but isn't a winner, am I to presume it rained but outside of my time allocation? The square to my left won, as did the ones to the north and northeast of my square.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

If one of my squares for yesterday is coloured blue but isn't a winner, am I to presume it rained but outside of my time allocation? The square to my left won, as did the ones to the north and northeast of my square.

Yes it rained during anothe time slot other than the one you chose so thats why its blue.

Posted

Woohoo! Both my squares won yesterday, really didnt think they would after the poor forecast.

My first win, enjoying this now, easy money!

Got one on Western Ireland now, some showers passing through so fingers crossed!

Posted

Well in just 2 hours the bottom half of my square in western Ireland has 1mm whilst the top half has 2mm, and still an hour to go. The other square in SW Ireland has been bone dry throughout the whole period! grr. Still, could potentially be my first win since 3rd October :)

Posted

Well in just 2 hours the bottom half of my square in western Ireland has 1mm whilst the top half has 2mm, and still an hour to go. The other square in SW Ireland has been bone dry throughout the whole period! grr. Still, could potentially be my first win since 3rd October :)

Nice one. My square in Essex this morning was bone dry unfortunately. But I am feeling a little more confident about my picks for the next few days...

THU- Ulva (Inner Hebrides) 0800-1100

FRI- Castle Douglas (Dumfries and Galloway) 0800-1100

SAT- Woolfardisworthy (North Devon) 1400-1700

Posted

Nothing from either square yesterday but think I may have won with the Red Cuillin this afternoon. Not got any tomorrow but have Shenavall, NW Highlands (Morning) and the Mynydd Preceli (lunchtime)on Friday - which still look to be in with a chance although models are less keen than they were yesterday.

Posted

Anybody know what time the previous days results are announced?

I maybe won something in western Ireland yesterday.

Cheers.

Posted

Dont know

I also think my squares won yesterday east of Oban with 3 Moderate Showers between 11am and 2pm but nothing yet ??

Todays has gone fantastically well with both looking like winners as well.

Castle Douglas started raining bang on 11am and 3 hours of medium to heavy rainfall.

My 2pm until 5pm is at GlenKerry and the rain is just setting in as well

:rofl::good::rofl:

Loving this game but only got 1 pick for tomorrow in Eastern ROI

Need to get some guesses for the weekend now early tomorrow

Paul S

Posted

Looks like my western Scotland could have won, bit touch and go but the best chance so far! I don't think i have won anything from yesterday's prediction (western Ireland). Tomorrows Eastern Ireland looks quite promising!

My square in Western Ireland saw some showers this afternoon but did it rain enough?

Another chance from pretty much the same square tomorrow and going for SW Ireland again on Friday lunchtime.

Mine was the only square on the screen yesterday without enough rain. :whistling:

While Today's would have won from 11-2, but not probably this afternoon (2 til 5), how can a game which is free to play be so frustrating.

Posted

While Today's would have won from 11-2, but not probably this afternoon (2 til 5), how can a game which is free to play be so frustrating.

Exactly the same for me, it rained tonnes 8am-11am, but my selected timeslot of 11am-2pm proved very little. It then rained some more between 2pm-5pm! Grr.

Still, I have officially won £10 from yesterday so it's not all bad news.

Forecast has changed yet again for Friday, looked like Wales would get a soaking but since the front is now forecast to develop a wave, it will be eastern Ireland that gets the soaking.

Posted

Me and my dad both won a tenner for yesterday :D My square in western Scotland also looks good for today. I have one in Eastern Ireland for tomorrow while my dad has one in South West England.

I won on the 2nd oct but still have no cheque.

Also on tuesday 26th oct i chose my home town square and it rained all day but i got the message no win, cant understand how it works.

How come people are getting more than 1 play per code we buy the 26 pack bags as we have 5 kids and we have only ever had 1 play per code, what are we doing wrong