Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Walkers Guess Where It Will Rain And Win £10

westysweather

Posted

This game has become a victim of its own success, i have just tried to pick a square and nothing left.

I think maybe somebody may of complained about the way they have opened games earlier than the rules state.

Two forecast days will open 2 days prior to the each forecast date, for example if you are playing on 04/10/11, you will be able to play on forecast date 06/10/10 and forecast date 07/10/10. Each forecast day’s map will close because either of the following, whichever is first, a) all grid-spots have been occupied or B) the time is 7.59am, 24 hours prior to the forecast day’s map in play.

So Tuesday should be open on Sunday morning at 8.00am.

Posted

Tuesdays map is open. Put a square on the Brecon Beacons for tues morning.

Pure guesswork now at this range, I preferred it when it was just us weather nuts playing! wallbash.gif

Posted

Had to go for Tuesday as the squares are filling up quite quickly, with LP and a NE to east wind the favoured areas are probably those on the east coast that normally get showers in these kinds of situations, with earlier probably standing more chance as pressure will be lower. Also gone for one spot in the south coast(where I work), incase some southern coastal showers hang around.

Totally missed Monday which was a bugger, hopefully wed will come out at the normal time, or at least to give me a chance of playing.

Posted

Well Tuesday is the only day availabe and I cant find a single square available to pick so im stuck, I don't believe they got so busy in the last few days when the promotion has been running for over 2 months. I think it is walkers making it harder for people to pick winning squares with a very wet week coming up.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Still plenty over Ireland usually a good bet.

Posted

Still plenty over Ireland usually a good bet.

Yeah , but unless the track of this low moves any further west , then Ireland currently looks bone dry on Tuesday .. It is really hard doing it this far in advance.

Posted

It makes you wonder if walker's I.T department are filling the squares in to stop us winning. :cc_confused: They seem to disappear at an alarming rate. :cc_confused:

Posted

Was surprised to find i won yesterday for South West Scotland! Might be lucky for the small amounts of rain over Southern Ireland this afternoon. So far my total winnings are £40. Got one bet for Western Scotland tomorrow while another for Western Ireland Sunday afternoon. Just put one down for Eastern England on Tuesday. I'm hoping to get £50 overall from this promotion, not bad considering i have never won anything :p

Posted

At this rate we will be having to predict 2 weeks in advance by the end of the promotion ...

I know your right i really enjoyed this a week ago now its not the same fun.

Posted

I'm now hoping Weds fills up by tomorrow evening so they release Thursday before midnight and give us the chance of bagging 2 squares on what looks from the latest GFS a much more promising day.

Posted

I know your right i really enjoyed this a week ago now its not the same fun.

Well they will have to let 2 people pick the same square by next week I think. Arh well fun why it lasted but it is nearly over anyway I guess.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

I'm now hoping Weds fills up by tomorrow evening so they release Thursday before midnight and give us the chance of bagging 2 squares on what looks from the latest GFS a much more promising day.

Careful Essan.

Things at that range can and will change.

Posted

Careful Essan.

Things at that range can and will change.

Aye, but when forced to predict at that range we have to trust the models ...... :mellow:

And at least we have access to them unlike most of the general pubic who are now ruining the comp for us :lol:

Posted

Aye, but when forced to predict at that range we have to trust the models ...... :mellow:

And at least we have access to them unlike most of the general pubic who are now ruining the comp for us :lol:

Well the public might be put off from forecasting for Wednesday at the moment since the BBC maps only go to Tues night and that seems to be what they're all using!

Posted

Wednesday now open.

Its a fix! They have well and truly broken their own rules, just down to pure luck now.

Posted

"Hurry, November 7th closes at 8am tomorrow"

That message looks a bit daft when the 7th was filled and shut a long time ago, and the 8th and 9th as well!

I don't think I'll be midnight spot hunting tonight - Wednesday doesn't look all that promising to me. In fact, it looks like the worst day for rain for quite some time across the British Isles. I'm going to check back tomorrow when they'll probably have Thursday's map out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Hahahaha :lol:

I got an unexpected tenner in the post today, didn't think I had won lol. :D

My square for yesterday didn't win, but 7 of the 8 around it did. :whistling:

But I didn't think I won anyway.

The Comp ends on the 16th Nov. so a few more days picking left.

Question for me now is do I predict now for Wednesday or wait for them to open Thursday.

Posted

Tomorrow probably the last day for picks if it finishes on the 11th.

Closes on the 16th. good.gif