Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Walkers Guess Where It Will Rain And Win £10

westysweather

Posted

It's all a conspiracy to keep us up later eating crisps!

Mine still isn't working. I'll keep at it as I have no work tomorrow.

Got through. Pure guesswork at this range so like you guys went for a spot in NW Scotland in the early morning as it seems to be the wettest area generally. The spot I've chosen was a winner for me early on in the promotion so I'm hoping for repeat success!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Something up with walkers site squares not greyed out but says they are taken. Limited access today relatives dont have computer so no goes today. Ploy by walkers perhaps?

It's all a conspiracy to keep us up later eating crisps!

Mine still isn't working. I'll keep at it as I have no work tomorrow.

Got through. Pure guesswork at this range so like you guys went for a spot in NW Scotland in the early morning as it seems to be the wettest area generally. The spot I've chosen was a winner for me early on in the promotion so I'm hoping for repeat success!

That is exactly why we have gone for it. This game is a mixture of luck and skill, with more emphasis on luck recently. I went for Montrose 8-11 today, and I think I won.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

I've just banked my first points and the win a tenner isn't working....typical of my luck lol

Got 2 predictor plays now for completing the survey.

Edited by The watcher

Posted

I also tried and failed to log my entry for today just after midnight, I managed to bag a square at 8am but for Sat 13th! Impossible to predict so far in advance, but at least it's November, so an educated guess is worthwhile making.

I was wondering whether Walkers have lost money on this - I doubt it, surely they would have done the maths and worked out how much they were likely to be paying out (and how much they could potentially be paying out if every square won for every timeslot on every day). I reckon the other companies involved in the discount points promotion would have footed the bill for some of the winnings at least. It's not like other promotions that have backfired - e.g. the Hoover flights one - because the maximum payout amount was known in advance.

Great odds though, £10 winnings from a 20p stake (1 code from a single 40p pack of double-coded Smoky Bacon).

Posted

Is the walkers site working yet and if so are there many squares left please? To see if its worth driving to my parents house from my aunts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

The walkers website is up and working and there are many squares available for the Sunday 14th

Posted

Cheers snowstorm1. How is sunday looking, its just a guess really but if lows are nearby to the north or west always worth going for Nw scotland and western ireland.

That is exactly why we have gone for it. This game is a mixture of luck and skill, with more emphasis on luck recently. I went for Montrose 8-11 today, and I think I won.

After double checking my selection was for 11-2 and it didn't win. Even though it did rain enough. You win some, you lose some.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

My first guess is for Sunday 14th, morning time slot on the SW coast of Ireland. Either hoping alot of Shower activity peps up or a front is arriving.

Trying to get my second one in today but the websites bust again.

Edited by The watcher

Posted

After double checking my selection was for 11-2 and it didn't win. Even though it did rain enough. You win some, you lose some.

Unlucky mate! I won £20 for my picks yesterday, so I'm very happy with that.

I have nothing picked until Thursday now. Then I have one pick per day for Thu, Fri, Sat & Sun. And hopefully tonight I will be able to submit one final prediction for either Mon or Tue. (whatever is left)

Posted

A new update is on the Walkers site saying that all maps are full, and go away until Friday at 08.00am when it will open again for the following Monday.

I wonder whether they have got into trouble for not keeping to the rules and opening new maps almost at random.....

Luckily I got in for Sunday this morning.

Posted

A new update is on the Walkers site saying that all maps are full, and go away until Friday at 08.00am when it will open again for the following Monday.

I wonder whether they have got into trouble for not keeping to the rules and opening new maps almost at random.....

Luckily I got in for Sunday this morning.

Damn I was waiting for Monday to open, and so didn't go for Sunday !

That's practically 3 days worth of codes wasted waiting for it to open :(

Still £140, can't grumble :whistling:

Posted

They are taking the ................................. It finishes on the 16th , they are breaking there own terms and conditions as it says when squares are full further days will be open... Even though it finishes on 16th they could still open up days after that date as long as u place the prediction before the 16th ....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I won £10 for Sunday :D

Posted

I won a tenner for Mondays Pick :) Luckily I got my pick in this morning for Sunday :) So I have 4 picks left upcoming on tommorrow , thursday , saturday and sunday. Unfortunately I dont have a clue were the squares are! lol :p Winnings upto £80 now though

Posted

Think i have won £10 today brining my total to £70! My two bets for Thursday are looking good so hopefully i can get it to £90. Got one bet for Saturday and Sunday over Western and North Scotland. Hopefully one of them can take me to £100!

Posted

I won a tenner for Mondays Pick :) Luckily I got my pick in this morning for Sunday :) So I have 4 picks left upcoming on tommorrow , thursday , saturday and sunday. Unfortunately I dont have a clue were the squares are! lol :p Winnings upto £80 now though

Now the maps are closed is there any other way to check your grid ref numbers, because i haven't a clue where mine are either lol. I would check my ref numbers against a current map to remind myself, then check the rainfall radar to see if i was in with a chance, guess i'll just have to rely on Walkers to inform me now.

Edited by Koppite

Posted

Now the maps are closed is there any other way to check your grid ref numbers, because i haven't a clue where mine are either lol. I would check my ref numbers against a current map to remind myself, then check the rainfall radar to see if i was in with a chance, guess i'll just have to wait till Walkers inform me now.

Actually there is just click on win £10 and you can view them mate :)

Posted

Actually there is just click on win £10 and you can view them mate :)

Thanks, will check it out. good.gif

Posted

You can find the exact gridspots in your account. But I can't be bothered doing it that way because then you have to waste time locating them on the grid. Instead I keep a list for all my picks with day, timeslot and place name. My remaining picks for this week:

Thu- Auchenbreck, W Scotland (1100-1400)

Fri- Bittadon, N Devon (0800-1100)

Sat- Sound of Sleat, W Scotland (0800-1100)

Sun- Aultmore, NE Scotland (0800-1100)

Edited by NorthantsSnow

Posted

You can find the exact gridspots in your account. But I can't be bothered doing it that way because then you have to waste time locating them on the grid. Instead I keep a list for all my picks with day, timeslot and place name. My remaining picks for this week:

Thu- Auchenbreck, W Scotland (1100-1400)

Fri- Bittadon, N Devon (0800-1100)

Sat- Sound of Sleat, W Scotland (0800-1100)

Sun- Aultmore, NE Scotland (0800-1100)

yea that's my problem, now the map is closed i cant check where my grid numbers are located. doh.gif

Edited by Koppite

Just checked and the square it did rain between 8-11 but not (enough) 11-2. :whistling:

At least with today's' I know I wasn't even close to winning. This 4-5 ahead lark is really killing my winning percentage (bad loser grumble) :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Its going to rain in..Britain 0:

Might have a go at this while its wet.

Good fun really!