Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Walkers Guess Where It Will Rain And Win £10

westysweather

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Tuesdays the last date for a map.

Here I am at 8am as promised and the site seems to have crashed. This competition has become a farce this week, bad publicity for Walkers, all those people hopefully buying their crisps and then cannot even get on the site or they do only to be told wait til Friday morning (then you have just 2 chances left).

Thankfully, my family is £250 less in debt better off thanks to Walkers, so should not moan too much...:whistling:

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

Found a Joe Public thread on the competition, its frustrating a lot of customers:

Rainy day blues

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

Tuesdays the last date for a map.

Here I am at 8am as promised and the site seems to have crashed. This competition has become a farce this week, bad publicity for Walkers, all those people hopefully buying their crisps and then cannot even get on the site or they do only to be told wait til Friday morning (then you have just 2 chances left).

Thankfully, my family is £250 less in debt better off thanks to Walkers, so should not moan too much...:whistling:

Defo crashed, and I been on it since 7.59 , there fault though , how stupid is it inviting everyone to enter the website at exactly the same time... I spose when i finally get on all the squares will be taken.

Posted

I've just managed to pick a square but it's taking forever to actually allocate it to me. The map is starting to grey around my pick pretty quickly already.

Posted

I've just managed to pick a square but it's taking forever to actually allocate it to me. The map is starting to grey around my pick pretty quickly already.

All i'm getting is on the screen shot below :

post-2826-023551700 1289551076_thumb.jpg

Posted

15 minutes later and it's still saying "making this square yours..." I hope it's gonna go through.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Yep, can't gte in this morning after banking 2 points for the final 2 days.....sad times.

Posted

15 minutes later and it's still saying "making this square yours..." I hope it's gonna go through.

managed to get on but same problem .... not even got to the stage where I can pick a time slot .... Although don't know why were all bothered, Models show a dry day for Monday .. A few light showers on the South coast which will probably be gone by tomorrow

Posted

I wonder if walkers planned this so that the site would crash to avoid paying out any more tenners.

Try reloading the page every 15 seconds until it loads, it worked for me & the wife.

Posted

In any case it probably does nt matter today as Monday is pretty much dry day. Tuesday 16th is a different matter...:wallbash:

Posted

managed to get on but same problem .... not even got to the stage where I can pick a time slot .... Although don't know why were all bothered, Models show a dry day for Monday .. A few light showers on the South coast which will probably be gone by tomorrow

The far North of Scotland looks good for the morning time slot, if the models are to be believed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

I wonder how long it will be before this will be on Watchdog lol

I manged to get on...but it wouldn't let me choose a square though

Posted

3 times I got onto the map and the square then failed to load. Finally succeeded at 4th attempt. But not much expectation of winning anyway on Monday!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Finally just got a square...orkney morning slot...

I bet they will open up tuesday's mat now so we all can't register a square til tomorrow

Posted

I couldn't log on at 8am and am now at work, the Walkers site is blocked from here. Still hoping to play for Tue 15th though.

Don't all the unused predictor plays go forward to one big final competition on 2nd April? How are the squares allocated for that? I carefully calculated how many plays I could use, bought the crisps, banked the codes and now have 5 unused plays, thanks to all the problems. But if each of those plays is valid for 2nd April I will be a bit happier with the whole fiasco.

Posted

I couldn't log on at 8am and am now at work, the Walkers site is blocked from here. Still hoping to play for Tue 15th though.

Don't all the unused predictor plays go forward to one big final competition on 2nd April? How are the squares allocated for that? I carefully calculated how many plays I could use, bought the crisps, banked the codes and now have 5 unused plays, thanks to all the problems. But if each of those plays is valid for 2nd April I will be a bit happier with the whole fiasco.

Yeah I did exactly the same thing! Took me several attempts to get onto the Walkers site at 10.30ish, finally got one and put a square down. Looks surprisingly un-filled given anyone can have a go now (there's no worry about having used your code today already etc). Then again, doesn't look like much rain on Monday!

I've always thought that you would get to place 1 square down per day once the 2nd April one opens until either you run out of codes or the squares are all taken (which is most likely to be the latter case)

Posted

Got an Email this morning saying my Western Scotland square won yesterday (11am until 2pm) which takes me up to £120, only have 1 more go again in W Scotland for tomorrow then thats it for me, the Media ruined this a few weeks back so have banked me cheques and very happy.

Coincidentally £70 of my £120 has won in Western Scotland :good::hi: Pretty bloody wet up there Lol

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

This was on Watchdog last night, they didn't think it would be so popular and that so many people would win I'm sure Anne Robinson said Walkers where suspending it or something?

Posted

I didn't see Watchdog, but in the last couple of days I've seen the Gary Lineker advert for the 'predict the rain' competition a few times. Surprised that Walkers are still running that if there are problems.

I reckon Walkers are taking the 'all publicity is good publicity' stance. Being blamed for running a really popular competition will probably sell more, not less, crisps.

Posted

It's not so much about selling crisps as maintaining brand awareness. The more people talking about Walkers the better. Of course, it was the media stories about how much money they'd paid out (and which wrongly suggested the odds of winning were 1 in 8* ) that led to an upsurge of interest and the recent problems. I bet that in turn was prompted by a Walkers press release .....

Anyway, managed to get a square on for Monday and all set for Sunday morning now when Tuesday's map comes available (looks like Ireland will be the place to go!).

Surprised to find I won on both squares yesterday bringing me up to £270. None on today though and not very high expectations about Sat or Sun either.

* if 1mm or more rain falls within a 3 hours period on a given day, then the odds of that rain falling during the 3 hour period you have selected is 1 in 8. However the odds of rain falling in a given square at any time varies considerable depending on where the square is. I don't think anywhere sees at least 1mm fall with 3 hours every single day, so the odds are always going to be more than 1 in 8

Edited by Essan