Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Walkers Guess Where It Will Rain And Win £10

westysweather

Posted

I was not so lucky yesterday. My square in S. Ireland did not pay out but a whole load of squares around it did!

I'm going to wait for the 12Z before making my Thursday pick so I can at least have the very latest data to hand before making an educated guess.

Edited by NorthantsSnow

Posted

I was not so lucky yesterday. My square in S. Ireland did not pay out but a whole load of squares around it did!

I'm going to wait for the 12Z before making my Thursday pick so I can at least have the very latest data to hand before making an educated guess.

I was surprised to see mine win, was only very light rain during the time period i picked, about 1mm according to the net-weather accumulation feature!

Posted

I was surprised to see mine win, was only very light rain during the time period i picked, about 1mm according to the net-weather accumulation feature!

Yeah, it was fairly light rain so I was fully expecting it to be hit & miss.

My square in N Ireland today looks better. Just watching some moderate rain move through the area on the radar. :good:

Posted

Yeah, it was fairly light rain so I was fully expecting it to be hit & miss.

My square in N Ireland today looks better. Just watching some moderate rain move through the area on the radar. :good:

Todays western Scotland is a no hoper, at least i think it is :lol: Got one for Western Ireland tomorrow evening which looks promising, Tuesday I'm relying on showers in Eastern England so that will be luck! Just going to put a bet on Thursday when the GFS is fully out. I'm thinking of a guess in Ireland :)

11am to 2pm Northern most tip of Northern Ireland

Edited by mark bayley

Posted

I remember in a similar setup the rain crossed the country much quicker than the GFS was suggesting. So I'm thinking of going against the GFS and picking somewhere further east.

Tricky one though. Earlier it had everything further west so it's already shunting it E.

Edited by NorthantsSnow

Posted

I remember in a similar setup the rain crossed the country much quicker than the GFS was suggesting. So I'm thinking of going against the GFS and picking somewhere further east.

Tricky one though. Earlier it had everything further west so it's already shunting it E.

I think i might put one further East (somewhere in Western Scotland) after midnight if there are still some squares left.

Posted

I think i might put one further East (somewhere in Western Scotland) after midnight if there are still some squares left.

Yeah, I've gone for a spot in Western Scotland between 1100-1400.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

£20 from today!

Bringing my toal up to a respectable £50! :)

Posted

£160 so far, 2 in sw ireland 2-5 tomorrow should bag another 20 hopefully.

Given that things are now 5 days in advance, i just overlay a google topo graph over the walkers map and pick the squares that comprise of the predicted wind-facing hills, along with the gfs for further detail.

I have won £10's and 10's just to the NE of Fort William, and also sugarloaf mt in sw ireland by Glengariff (family live there you see)

Paul

Posted

Should have another £10 today bringing me to a total of £60. I'm relying on some showers in the East for Tuesday and the rain band on Thursday (have two bets on). I'm debating whether to wait up till midnight to put a bet on for Friday or just wait till Saturday. I think i will do the later option!

Edited by mark bayley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow ..

where you placing these bets i fancy ago :)

Posted

where you placing these bets i fancy ago :)

http://www.walkers.co.uk/rainyday/home/default.aspx

You need to get in quick! I reckon most of us only have a couple more goes left before the comp ends - the grid for Fri 12th is virtually full now, that only leaves 4 more days and I reckon they'll both fill in the next 48 hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

It is working. Just VERY slow. :)

Posted

I shall just have to be persistent with it, i have gone for same time and place as you Jackone. Wasn't going to risk it down south, despite what the GFS says!

Just got through!

Edited by mark bayley