Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Walkers Guess Where It Will Rain And Win £10

westysweather

Posted

I won on the 2nd oct but still have no cheque.

Also on tuesday 26th oct i chose my home town square and it rained all day but i got the message no win, cant understand how it works.

How come people are getting more than 1 play per code we buy the 26 pack bags as we have 5 kids and we have only ever had 1 play per code, what are we doing wrong

You need to make sure you inserted your full adress on the claim winnings page, alternatily you could just go to the facebook page or ring them

As far as I know

One play per individual pack (two for prawn cocktail)

One play per pack of six

Two plays per twelve pack??

Three plays per eighteen pack??

We have just been buying indvidual packs, makes life easier. Also good to have two people who actually like prawn cocktail :lol:

Edited by mark bayley

Posted

Exactly the same for me, it rained tonnes 8am-11am, but my selected timeslot of 11am-2pm proved very little. It then rained some more between 2pm-5pm! Grr.

Still, I have officially won £10 from yesterday so it's not all bad news.

Forecast has changed yet again for Friday, looked like Wales would get a soaking but since the front is now forecast to develop a wave, it will be eastern Ireland that gets the soaking.

:yahoo:

Lol the only thing left this morning was Eastern Ireland - How lucky was that

Paul S

Posted

Two out of my three picks won yesterday, the other surrounded by pounds signs.

Beginners luck :drinks:

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

If you read above in this thread, its been explained several times that certain flavours (including chicken, prawn, bacon and worcester sauce) of the 34.5g single packs have a code that enables double plays, with the offer at Co-op presently (3 such packs for £1), that works out at 17p per go! By far the cheapest way to play!

Despite all the promise this week has been difficult to 'guess', with amounts often not being quite enough, timings out, and shifts in the main wet areas! Still had a couple of tenners though, possibly another today too!

I won on the 2nd oct but still have no cheque.

Also on tuesday 26th oct i chose my home town square and it rained all day but i got the message no win, cant understand how it works.

How come people are getting more than 1 play per code we buy the 26 pack bags as we have 5 kids and we have only ever had 1 play per code, what are we doing wrong

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

Just won another tenner for yesterdays bet in Western Scotland :D . Should also have won for this mornings rain in South East Ireland. I'm thinking of a bet for Ireland on Sunday, looks quite wet going by the models.

Posted

You need to make sure you inserted your full adress on the claim winnings page, alternatily you could just go to the facebook page or ring them

As far as I know

One play per individual pack (two for prawn cocktail)

One play per pack of six

Two plays per twelve pack??

Three plays per eighteen pack??

We have just been buying indvidual packs, makes life easier. Also good to have two people who actually like prawn cocktail :lol:

Also it might be worth noting it tells you on your account activity when you log into walkers when your cheque has been processed and posted so If you check on there and click view all activity you will be able to discount lost in post and so on .

Just won another tenner for yesterdays bet in Western Scotland :D . Should also have won for this mornings rain in South East Ireland. I'm thinking of a bet for Ireland on Sunday, looks quite wet going by the models.

Im gutted 2 sqaures further North and I would have won without a doubt today . I have a square just south of Southport , The rain band did skirt the area between 11 and 2 before setting up further North , but weather it is enough to make 1mm I doubt it. I wish the rain today radar went back further than 2 hours as I would have been able to check the exact sqare on that.

Currently looking good in the Highlands for the rest of the promotion period ,although I hope I haven't jinxed it as that High pressure trying to move in from the South west could very easily ruin everything .

post-2826-076347100 1288360436_thumb.png

Posted

Looks like i may have made another tenner today with a direct hit near Keswick,

around 1pm today. :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Unbelievable! I was one square out again on both my predictions luck aint on my side!

Posted

Also it might be worth noting it tells you on your account activity when you log into walkers when your cheque has been processed and posted so If you check on there and click view all activity you will be able to discount lost in post and so on .

Im gutted 2 sqaures further North and I would have won without a doubt today . I have a square just south of Southport , The rain band did skirt the area between 11 and 2 before setting up further North , but weather it is enough to make 1mm I doubt it. I wish the rain today radar went back further than 2 hours as I would have been able to check the exact sqare on that.

Currently looking good in the Highlands for the rest of the promotion period ,although I hope I haven't jinxed it as that High pressure trying to move in from the South west could very easily ruin everything .

My dad missed out on today’s bet for South West England. I

was worried about Western Ireland having enough rain. Net-weather radar had a

total accumulation of 1mm-2mm yet me and my dad both won. So you might be in

with a chance! I'm waiting for the 12z to come out before putting a bet on for

Ireland (Sunday).

Just tried to some of these rainy day savings. One was for

20% off at this online store. I thought it was 20% all items however it was

only a select few. So i can't get 20% off my new memory stick! Unfortunately

there are no pubs included near me and I don't really won't to go to a theme

park!

Edited by mark bayley

Posted

with the offer at Co-op presently (3 such packs for £1), that works out at 17p per go! By far the cheapest way to play!

That offer is only available in 'national' stores - some local societies don't run the same deal because they charge more for each item. I've worked for the Co-Op for over 3 years and I still don't quite understand it, but here in Norwich we have 'East of England Co-operative Society' stores which charge more for the packet of crisps and as a result don't have the 3 for £1 offer. Those stores that used to be Somerfield but are now Co-Op's are fine, they will definitely have the 3 for £1 deal as they are 'national' stores.

Posted

The last thing we want is for high pressure to take up residence over the UK before mid November. :good:

I went too early in the day today for Ireland and Scotland, this afternoon and they would have been certs.

Sunday's rain is looking a bit iffy, but should be some around, currently modelled through the MIdlands, Wales and southern Eire but not looking so heavy.

Edited by Tonyh

Mine was the only square on the screen yesterday without enough rain. :whistling:

While Today's would have won from 11-2, but not probably this afternoon (2 til 5), how can a game which is free to play be so frustrating.

I won yesterday, :yahoo: , but my square for today (far SE Ireland) didn't appear to have working radar between 8am and 11am so I am not sure if I won. It was certainly raining there at 8am though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Entered this competition for the first time yesterday (about time I know). Fear I may have dropped a ball with my choice though, was a rather rushed job and don't rate my chances. Chose to enter for Sunday and should have left it until today so the models were more firmed up on what could be expected.

Though I did win £10 on a scratchcard and find £10 on the pavement outside my house yesterday so hopefully the 3rd good thing will be £10 win on Sunday :p Then again maybe I should play Euromillions tonight haha.

Edited by CreweCold

Posted

That offer is only available in 'national' stores - some local societies don't run the same deal because they charge more for each item. I've worked for the Co-Op for over 3 years and I still don't quite understand it, but here in Norwich we have 'East of England Co-operative Society' stores which charge more for the packet of crisps and as a result don't have the 3 for £1 offer. Those stores that used to be Somerfield but are now Co-Op's are fine, they will definitely have the 3 for £1 deal as they are 'national' stores.

As far as I know the offer is only available with Midlands Co-op. But for people on here it doesn't really matter , If you pay 50p for a pack you have a more than 50% chance of turning it into a tenner.

Posted

Nope, seem to be stuck in a rut with this at the moment. I thought my pick at Castle Douglas for this morning would be a good one but the radar shows the main area of rain ended up much further north!

As for my bet tomorrow in north Devon, can't see much moisture arriving prior to 5pm now. Perhaps I need to stop relying so much on the erratic GFS. :whistling:

Posted

Perhaps I need to stop relying so much on the erratic GFS. :whistling:

Me too :rolleyes: At +60 hours GFS has proven to be very unreliable

Posted

Nope, seem to be stuck in a rut with this at the moment. I thought my pick at Castle Douglas for this morning would be a good one but the radar shows the main area of rain ended up much further north!

As for my bet tomorrow in north Devon, can't see much moisture arriving prior to 5pm now. Perhaps I need to stop relying so much on the erratic GFS. :whistling:

Best tips I got is , If gfs is showing a front coming across the country from the NW or SW always choose your pick 2-3 hours before gfs shows it getting there. and if it is showers coming in or a line of rain always go 40 miles further North than gfs suggests .

Posted

I thought you had done well out of the promotion? Care to share any tips :hi:

I did well to start with but since then it's been very patchy with only about a 1 in 3 success rate.

Posted

I've got one square on Ashaig, Isle of Skye between 11-2. So far there has been a train of heavy showers in the past 40 mins, which appears to have dropped over 2mm in that space of time :)

Fingers crossed for my second square on the southern half of the Isle of Rum this afternoon (2-5).

I won yesterday, :yahoo: , but my square for today (far SE Ireland) didn't appear to have working radar between 8am and 11am so I am not sure if I won. It was certainly raining there at 8am though.

It did win yesterday, a case of hoping that the rain pushes into SW Ireland early today. I have gone for Central Ireland tomorrow, but GFS keeps moving where it is likely to hit.

Posted

Best tips I got is , If gfs is showing a front coming across the country from the NW or SW always choose your pick 2-3 hours before gfs shows it getting there. and if it is showers coming in or a line of rain always go 40 miles further North than gfs suggests .

Good tips thanks. Timing is definitely one of the GFS' main weak points.

Managed a win yesterday at Castle Douglas despite my earlier reservations. :) I think my square in North Devon didn't see quite enough rain today though. Further south there will be winners.

Posted

For the first time I've predicted two different squares for the same game day. I normally pick one a day but Tuesday isn't looking all that promising compared to Monday so I thought it would be better spent on that. Both of my picks are in north-west Ireland in the late afternoon period.