Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Walkers Guess Where It Will Rain And Win £10

westysweather

Posted

They've now opened up squares for Sunday - presumably due to demand ....... so you need to get on at midnight if you've already picked one today. It just gets harder! :shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

They've now opened up squares for Sunday - presumably due to demand ....... so you need to get on at midnight if you've already picked one today. It just gets harder! :shok:

This is ridiculous there should be 2maps per day :wallbash:

Posted

That's rather naughty, surely that violates their own rules and regulations?

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Trouble is at 3-4 days out its now virtually beyond any level of reliability and becomes pure luck.

Trouble is at 3-4 days out its now virtually beyond any level of reliability and becomes pure luck.

I have just gone for NW Scotland for Sunday, as the weather pattern looks conducive for that areas, however timing is luck as you say. Will not even other looking at GFS for fronts at that range.

"From the Daily Mail"

The stake is a minimum 40p – the cost of a packet of crisps. But players stand to rake in a 25-fold return, with statisticians putting the odds of winning at one in eight.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1325774/Walkers-ad-campaign-costing-crisp-firm-packet.html#ixzz14GCs8G7p

My success rate is just over 40%. Judging by the responses above as well, most people are away above the 12.5% rate quoted, but you would expect that on a weather site. :whistling:

Posted

My success rate is currently at 27%, and I would imagine it is going to take a dive due to the much increased competition.

Edit: I like how all of Sunday's squares basically correlate with any blob of precip on the BBC chart for Sunday :lol:

Edited by staplehurst

Posted

Well I've gone for Sunday and have been forced to go for western Ireland, spread betwen the south and middle.

I think i've got caught out for saturday already as the front is due to pass over the UK much quicker.

I've been playing for 16 days and won 10 times, for myself, but I also help out 3 other people *cough* inc my wife and their rates are slightly less.

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

I don't know much about this competition, but it rains here about 363 days per year :whistling:

So if anyone has a punt at the Dunfermline area on any given date,day and time, then you should be on the money good.gif

Big Innes.

Edited by Big Innes Madori

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Walkers will not be running this promotion again.

Apparently they have lost millions. :lol:

Maybe they should think twice before messing with Net Weather!!! ;)

Posted

I have just gone for NW Scotland for Sunday, as the weather pattern looks conducive for that areas, however timing is luck as you say. Will not even other looking at GFS for fronts at that range.

"From the Daily Mail"

The stake is a minimum 40p – the cost of a packet of crisps. But players stand to rake in a 25-fold return, with statisticians putting the odds of winning at one in eight.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz14GCs8G7p

My success rate is just over 40%. Judging by the responses above as well, most people are away above the 12.5% rate quoted, but you would expect that on a weather site. :whistling:

Its a long way off but I have gone for western Ireland and Mull for Sunday pm.

My (plus the families) success rate is 45%, pretty pleased at that., winnings £180!

Much tougher to win now on though with less time to mull choices over and having to go 3 days ahead.

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

Walkers will not be running this promotion again.

Apparently they have lost millions. :lol:

Where did you read/hear that?

If true, that's a shame. Already earned myself £110. Though not sure I agree on releasing new days earlier than their own rules state.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Where did you read/hear that?

If true, that's a shame. Already earned myself £110. Though not sure I agree on releasing new days earlier than their own rules state.

Was just assuming that Walkers wont be running it again!

It was in the Mirror today that they have lost millions. :)

Posted

Aww nooo this is the banker day there better be predictions left at midnight im staying up just for it! :wallbash:

Posted

Monday filling up fast. Will there be anything left by midnight?? :o

Amazing what some newspaper coverage can do. It's just suddenly exploded into life for the last week and a half of the promotion.

Posted

Aww nooo this is the banker day there better be predictions left at midnight im staying up just for it! :wallbash:

Same here, its way too popular, can't complain though!

Posted

Same here, its way too popular, can't complain though!

I think personally due to demand there should be 2maps per day now but it wont happen :lol: Anyways im tired but only 40minuites to go before I can pick the spot and go to bed :D

Posted

There's still some juicy looking spots left in the north-east. Should be enough to go around folks? Although I fully anticipate a midnight rush!

Although Monday looks very stormy, I am tempted to wait until Tuesday's map to come out. :pardon:

Posted

Everybody ready for the midnight rush!!! :drunk: Im off to bed once Ive picked my square night all :)

Posted

Picked mine and my missus - cairngorms 8-11am seems like a good shout actually.

it was neccessary to do, as it will be full by the morning, and you would miss a chance to win, unless they bring out the tuesdays map early....