Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Thundersnow Reports

Dom W

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Another clap of thunder about 10 minutes ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Thundersnow - Lincolnshire Wolds, North-west of Louth around 1:00pm today - Graupel turning to snow - several loud rolls of thunder and one lightning flash. Now heavy snow falling.

Posted

UPDATE

THUNDERSNOW CONISOLME LINCOLNSHIRE 13.10 HEAVY GRAUPLE TURN SNOW 1" NEW DEPTH ON TOP OF OLD TOTAL 2" LAYING SNOW

LO

exciting I know, but please not in capitals, the odd word but not the entire post-I'm told its rude to do that on the web?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Having kept weather records for most of the last 40 years I had a look and could only find mention of thundersnow about three times including a couple of claps in December 2009. Now I have had two consecutive days with thundersnow. Yesterday being exceptional with thundersnow on and off from 2AM until after midday. Some were almost overhead and a nearby garage had 4 cars damaged with two written off when lightning hit the roof. Telephone links were also down and houses damaged. The local evening paper has a couple of cracking photos of multiple bolts from early yesterday morning.

This afternoon brought in a few hail and snow showers with just the one clap of thunder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

Just had a lightning flash within the last few minutes :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, snow in winter, wind in Autumn and rainbows in the spring!

Thundersnow in Dingwall on Friday night, I saw 6 flashes and heard numerous rumbles that went on for about 2 hrs.... that was at about 10pm at night.

The first flash gave me such a fright when I was putting the rubbish out!

I havent seen thundersnow for 17 years.

Posted

I thought I noticed a flash of lightning during the snow last night, didn't hear any thunder though. That said I was watching stuff on iplayer with my headphones on and the curtains shut so I wouldn't have noticed it much.

Lightning and thunder in snow storms is not uncommon around these parts anyway, I usually see at least one storm containing both each year.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

Please note this thread is strictly for thundersnow reports. We have other threads for standard thunder/lightning reports, snow reports and general convective discussion.

Thank you.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

We had thundersnow this afternoon, whiteout and blizzard like conditions. Thundersnow was also reported in eastbourne

Posted

Thundersnow today Saturday 18th Dec in Downpatrick at 2.00pm

3 large claps - noticed it later on met charts!!

followed by 10 inches of snow!

remarkable

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Thundersnow here at 7:45pm but technically more of a graupel affair.

11 flashes (8 close) and loud thunder.

Tried to get video but stupid thing had no battery left.