Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Cold Spell Discussion Part 20

Cookie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Absolute stinker of a day here....heavy drizzle & moderate rain until dusk....Mark, you were bang on with your forecast!

yes a dreadful day, know from experience that today was going to be wet! unbelievable how cheshire gap is underplayed, was telling others I know as well yesterday about todays rain

its like in the spring/summer, annoys me to hell when bbc weather/meto etc only say dull for east coast/E areas in a north sea misty low cloud setup! everyone knows very well the misty cloud makes it here easily! they also severely underdo the length of it

Edited by snow? norfolk n chance

Posted

yes a dreadful day, know from experience that today was going to be wet! unbelievable how cheshire gap is underplayed, was telling others I know as well yesterday about todays rain

its like in the spring/summer, annoys me to hell when bbc weather/meto etc only say dull for east coast/E areas in a north sea misty low cloud setup! everyone knows very well the misty cloud makes it here easily! they also severely underdo the length of it

Radio this morning was saying chance of snow flurries tonight; nobody's been on this thread yet today so shows what we all say to that!

Oh those "sunny except for some mist near east coast, burning off during the morning" forecasts :diablo::diablo: How many 1200 satellite pictures showing cloud all over the Midlands do they need to look at?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Off upto Iceland at the beginning of April. Wonder if a similar pattern to now may deliver snow at times. Sunset wont be till about almost 9pm by then already!!! May get to see some Northern Lights too if im lucky.

So from a selfish view, i can hold onto the prospect of perhaps a bit more snow. For Britain though, i do think the chances of snow in February are fast diminishing. A strong favour for an unfavourable pattern emerging. It sucks i know. I will go nuts if this spring and summer doesnt impress though.

Posted

BBC just mentioned snow on the local radio. Looked at the BBC and Metoffice , and they are also showing 'light snow'.

Whats the forecast from the experts on here for the Redditch / Solihull area tomorrow ?

I knew it was too good to be true that I could get thru a whole week without worrying about the weather :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Off upto Iceland at the beginning of April. Wonder if a similar pattern to now may deliver snow at times. Sunset wont be till about almost 9pm by then already!!! May get to see some Northern Lights too if im lucky.

I've been to Iceland - went around the summer solstice and it never got dark! It was quite something...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I've been to Iceland - went around the summer solstice and it never got dark! It was quite something...

That must be werid and probably confuses and messes up the body clock i bet! Would quite like to experience it though. Really looking forward to going, :D

BBC just mentioned snow on the local radio. Looked at the BBC and Metoffice , and they are also showing 'light snow'.

Whats the forecast from the experts on here for the Redditch / Solihull area tomorrow ?

I knew it was too good to be true that I could get thru a whole week without worrying about the weather :wallbash:

The odd FLURRY may be but you wont even notice it probably. You seriously have nothing to worry about. A very cold wind this evening though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

That must be werid and probably confuses and messes up the body clock i bet! Would quite like to experience it though. Really looking forward to going, :D

It certainly was - sun streaming in the window of a restaurant at 11pm... sun just setting as you go into a club at midnight then it's back as you head home at 2am. Found ourselves sleeping at random times of the day!

Lovely place - I recommend getting a tour/hike on a glacier - a really magical experience!

Posted

Wake me up when the weather gets interesting...that will be a long time away. I so hope the rest fo the year isnt as boring as this. Cant stand this quiet weather.

At least there might be some sunshine over the next few days which makes a change, been exceptionally grey here this month.

It's a shame that this high pressure is wasting itself on this time of year, if it was in June we'd be looking at a lovely fresh low 20's clear air scenario.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Well this has been a bad winter for me overall. The most snow Leicester ever got was 3inches, once.

Just have to hope for storms this summer.

Posted

So from a selfish view, i can hold onto the prospect of perhaps a bit more snow. For Britain though, i do think the chances of snow in February are fast diminishing. A strong favour for an unfavourable pattern emerging. It sucks i know. I will go nuts if this spring and summer doesnt impress though.

That's cool. I definitely want to see the Northern Lights and I understand the next 2 years are the best chance for a while

Edited by Strider

Posted

Well this has been a bad winter for me overall. The most snow Leicester ever got was 3inches, once.

Not been on here much of late, just not been in the mood.

Back on topic:

to reply to this post, i'll second this. this winter so far snow wise has been nothing short of a non event for northampton, apart from snowfall just before xmas, we've missed out on any of the major snow events so far this winter.

Being in the Dry zone in the end of November snow fest was the biggest kick in the teeth.

Posted

The odd FLURRY may be but you wont even notice it probably. You seriously have nothing to worry about. A very cold wind this evening though.

I hope your right - wish I hadnt heard the blinking forecast now

. Id be none the wiser in my dingy office with no windows.

Posted

I hope your right - wish I hadnt heard the blinking forecast now

. Id be none the wiser in my dingy office with no windows.

Im infinity % certain ( :lol: ) there will be no settling snow.

Posted

Well it's cloudy, definitely above freezing, and dry- not much chance of snow unless we get the mother of all cold fronts sweeping down from the north...

It's weird how this month has so often seemed mild, boring, nondescript- yet with around 10 airfrosts and the day of snow lying on the 7th, plus a possible sub-4C CET I'd have called it a decent enough January 10 years ago!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

A rather dreary day so far.....very cold with a biting North easterly wind, although that should ease a bit later on.........Well, it all looks a bit quiet on the western front, with high pressure dominating for the forseeable future, which means more of the same nondescript weather ........deja vu anyone? :wacko:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

We've had some snowflakes blowing in the wind today - and oh my, the wind is cold!

Posted

Snow grains and falling temperatures! Not a blizzard, but it's a start!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Snow grains and falling temperatures! Not a blizzard, but it's a start!

Better than we had here! But it only reached 0.0oC today and it hasn't done that in weeks, so definitely getting colder here. Felt very cold and bone-chilling outside in the brisk wind. No sign of any precipitation, just leaden skies. Maybe February will bring more of the white stuff.

Posted

Very cold...a few light flurries this morning....but still that same old dreary look to things.

Looks like there could be some exciting looming in February. Not of the cold variety but excitement nonetheless.

We could be preparing to batten down the hatches next month!

Posted

A few snow flurries for most of the morning here. Beats most places. Lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

It was weird, what happened on Wednesday ? I walked to college to take my Computing exam at 1pm and didn't feel at all cold, but the time i got out at 3:30pm just the walk to the car when being picked up outside the school was freakishly cold and there was a huge dark black cloud just to the north, it didn't drop any ppn but it looked pretty scarey. But the wind, wow it was cold and it was fairly strong to.

Posted

Are the models finally agreeing on some "weather" soon!!! :smiliz34:

It may be mild but at least Atlantic weather may give the chance of some brief NW'ly air at times. Please help to get rid of this boring, dry, dull, cloudy, drizzly, cold for no reason high! :lol:

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Are the models finally agreeing on some "weather" soon!!! :smiliz34:

It may be mild but at least Atlantic weather may give the chance of some brief NW'ly air at times. Please help to get rid of this boring, dry, dull, cloudy, drizzly, cold for no reason high! :lol:

As a teacher I should compliment you on the vast range of adjectives you have been using to describe this weather!

Posted

As a teacher I should compliment you on the vast range of adjectives you have been using to describe this weather!

Well i did get an A in GCSE English Language and English Literature. :lol: