Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Cold Spell Discussion Part 20

Cookie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

BBC showing light snow here in Redditch for tomorrow .... is that a possibility ?

I hope the roads arent as bad tomorrow morning as they were today . And how many water leaks

are there about that havent been

fixed - which didnt help

The local radio station "the Wyre" said that Worcester councils team of gritters would be out tonight due to the expected snow,

It's the first Ive heard of any snow ?????

Posted

Wow, I'm impressed!....28.7C?....what a scorcher in Allestree.....or perhaps your weather station has issues?...:whistling:

That was the lunchtime forcast. untill 2pm. Where I live it is on a hill so we get all warm weather even in winter if it is sunny. But this is only the second day it as been installed.

Edited by abbaman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

That was the lunchtime forcast. untill 2pm. Where I live it is on a hill so we get all warm weather even in winter if it is sunny. But this is only the second day it as been installed.

You'll need to callibrate your weather station...I wondered if it was a typo...ie 28.7C, did you mean 28.7F which is about -3C, that would be far more plausible

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Whether you area gets warmer than elsewhere or not 28.7c is still a record achievement in January.:p :lol:

Posted

You'll need to callibrate your weather station...I wondered if it was a typo...ie 28.7C, did you mean 28.7F which is about -3C, that would be far more plausible

No it was not a typo I ment 2.8c a my pc crashed when I posted that.

I ment 2.8c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

No it was not a typo I ment 2.8c a my pc crashed when I posted that.

I ment 2.8c

no worries, understood :)

out of curiosity, what make of weather station do you have?....can you link it on-line?...as there's a cracking network of online weather stations at www.wunderground.com that update in real time, definitely worth taking a look

Posted

The local radio station "the Wyre" said that Worcester councils team of gritters would be out tonight due to the expected snow,

It's the first Ive heard of any snow ?????

Yes , the gritters in Redditch were out at 7 pm tonight. Thankfully the 'light snow' for midday tomorrow has now disappeared from the BBC forecast for Redditch.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yes , the gritters in Redditch were out at 7 pm tonight. Thankfully the 'light snow' for midday tomorrow has now disappeared from the BBC forecast for Redditch.

Worcester cc must have £ to waste........ Not lol

Posted

I've just checked the latest jet stream forcast for Feb and looks like Feb is going to have the jetstream over the Uk most of the month. Also March is going to have the jetstream over the Uk as well most of the month as well.

My weather station is reading at 10:45 outside 1.3 windchill 1.3 inside 15.5 wind from the west.

Posted

I've just checked the latest jet stream forcast for Feb and looks like Feb is going to have the jetstream over the Uk most of the month. Also March is going to have the jetstream over the Uk as well most of the month as well.

My weather station is reading at 10:45 outside 1.3 windchill 1.3 inside 15.5 wind from the west.

Does that mean milder or colder weather . Snow or no snow ?

Posted

Does that mean milder or colder weather . Snow or no snow ?

It well be mider as High pressuse is sitting over the uk forseeable fture. As just chatted with a amtuar wether forcaster from derby and he says HIgh pressuse will sit either north of the uk or on the Uk. If you look at the raw data on here it is the same as as his own monthly forcast for feb and march. But we can never tell what the weather can do. High pressuse if sitting north or on the Uk. And he told me the next winter forcast as been done it says we will get next winter 65% mild and 35% snowy weather. That's not certain but that's what his 345 CFS says. No snow for Feb or march if the Raw CFS jetstream data is right.

Edited by abbaman

Posted

I have to say the weather forcesat certainly under played the temps today.. I'm currently at -1C after an overnight low of -4.4C. Was expecting another +3 ish day.. Any reason why this is so?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I hear snow is coming to derbyshire tonight only light snow so warm coats at the ready. And shovels at the ready.

:lol:

I dont believe the Met Offices light snow here tomorrow at all. May be a bit of Drizzle but no more.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Ont managed 1.1c here today, under fairly cear skies - which any other winter would be notable. Not sure we'll see anything as cold again though this month and I'm actually windering whether we'll see any post-Christmas snow this winter, the way things are looking! :o

Posted

The last couple of days remind me of late December 2008 and Janaury 2009. Yesterday in particular....minus the bits and pieces of snizzle that came in Janaury 2009, (and a light covering of snow on the 3rd or 4th day if i remember correctly).

That all evolved into something rather pleasant 4 weeks later. Different in the grand scheme of things I know...but I remember the lack of snow being fairly annoying then...(though spectacularly made up for with rime and frost on New Years Eve 1998!)

I think we're almost at the stage where we can call a snowless January, (minus that first Friday morning of course...and that light fall a couple of weeks ago)...but I wouldn't dare like to predict February yet.

Edit: I'm not correcting the 1998 typo to 2008....there's a certain irony with 1998 getting accidently slipped into a post about cold weather!

Edited by Gord

Posted

:lol:

I dont believe the Met Offices light snow here tomorrow at all. May be a bit of Drizzle but no more.

Yes but the met office as got light snow for derby buxton ashbourne bakewell matlock belper ripley all in derbyshire but Chesterfield in derbyshire as heavy rain.

Blizzards have a look at theses towns in derbyshire.

Posted

I think people are once again confusing computer generated graphics on websites for actual forecasts? Thought you'd know better by now? :rolleyes: Neither the MetO nor the BBC are forecasting snow anywhere this weekend.

Posted

I think people are once again confusing computer generated graphics on websites for actual forecasts? Thought you'd know better by now? :rolleyes: Neither the MetO nor the BBC are forecasting snow anywhere this weekend.

Niether do I but that what thier website as said.

Posted

I agree, i cant see it happening at all. As said earlier some drizzle is possible but no more than that.

Posted

But bbc do not do a local forcast for every town and city that would be inpossabile to do. But if the amutar weather forcasters did that for every town and city where they live for the Met office and the bbc we will have a local weather forcast for our towns and citys all over the uk. I do publish a weekly weather forcast for derby Uk just to help bus companies and the traval area. So it's up to us to setup a petion to foward to the bbc and metO. I sure you will all agree.