Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West England & Channel Islands - Cold Spell Discussion Part 16

dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Well it's got plenty of time to do so, remember today is Jan 21!

Soo many people only looking for snow and missing what's before their eyes now! ...

... Some parts of the region look set to have an ice day. Yeovilton, Little Rissington and Liscombe are still below

freezing!

temp just got to 1.2c today after a low of -5c

fromey

Posted

Not quite an ice day for me...although the frost hasn't really lifted from the garden. I've risen to the heady heights of 0.6C after an overnight low of -4.4C. Currently just droped back down below freezing and it's -0.3C...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

If anyone's up for a fight on Friday night try the model output thread - you'll get lucky. Ice day here again, not so severe as yesterday but frost and ice lingering in shady spots. Interesting weeks ahead I reckon, got cold real quick, a friend who was abroad most of December was amazed by frost here 2 nights ago! That sums this winter up to me really, and there's a few weeks left yet...

Posted

Well it's got plenty of time to do so, remember today is Jan 21!

Soo many people only looking for snow and missing what's before their eyes now! ...

... Some parts of the region look set to have an ice day. Yeovilton, Little Rissington and Liscombe are still below

freezing!

I do think some people have got greedy following the last couple of years and are always chasing the prolonged severe snowy cold spell and just dismiss things like the cold snap of recent days, and it's certainly been cold with hard frosts that hang around all day in places. This Jan is still far better than Jans of 98-08

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Im still on holiday so no idea whats going on at home but had a txt from home to say its snowing!? I presume its probably drizle snow?! Seen none on holiday lol

Posted

Im still on holiday so no idea whats going on at home but had a txt from home to say its snowing!? I presume its probably drizle snow?! Seen none on holiday lol

I was surprised to check the radar and see some showery bits moving NE-SW, NW radar showing sleet in places.

It's -0.6c here after -3.6c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

temp has risen from -3.9 to 0.2c and we have some sleetyness falling at present,

fromey

Edited by fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe t/ storms, rain, snow, wind!

We had a few snowflakes falling between 8.50 and 9.15 this morning...currently 1.8!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

We had a few light flakes falling this morning.

Gone a lot clouder now.

Temp 2.1c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Did anyone else spot that tumbleweed?

Pretty miserable day here, lost all the lovely sunshine and instead had 3c and cloud. Sun did some out late this afternoon though which made it feel quite nice!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Lol! It's been blowing around in here for days! Think we are to expect more of the same weather here for the next fortnight poss more according to Ian F. I'm afraid I can't post his comment as I'm on my phone.

Posted

Lol! It's been blowing around in here for days! Think we are to expect more of the same weather here for the next fortnight poss more according to Ian F. I'm afraid I can't post his comment as I'm on my phone.

See weather today? Now imagine it for next week; possibly fornight... Little significant change, at least here in West Country. Tedious...

about 3 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Ian F mentions something about Snow flurries at the end of the week reaching as far as east wales, in his latest tweet this morning.

We thought we had it bad before Xmas

Edited by Tribe3000

Posted

Shall I revive our thread!?

It hasn't exactly got mild (max here was 8.0c yesterday after a few 'average' days) and it's now turning colder once again

with a brisk NE wind and the temperature slowly ebbing down today from 6.0c first thing to 5.6c now.

A strong Easterly to come for a few days with sunshine and frosts - with the wind the frost will penetrate the ground, sounds

like pretty lovely winter weather to me :).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

A strong Easterly to come for a few days with sunshine and frosts - with the wind the frost will penetrate the ground, sounds

like pretty lovely winter weather to me :).

I'll take that, it'll certainly feel cold out there and temps not getting above 2/3c during the day. Actually this HP can stick around the uk for the rest of the winter if it wants, anything is better than wet & windy rubbish.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Couple of VERY light snow granules falling here. Not much. Not expecting much either..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Penetrating frost at home with the wind. current temperature -1.1c

Not very interesting but at least it is cold. :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Grey and cold out, pretty much as one would expect in january, but we have had a few snow flurries, so some interest to be had even if it isnt going to come to much.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Looking like a spell of typical zonal weather is probably on the way, oh what fun :angry: , think I'll hibernate til we get another hp slap bang over us again :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Brrrr! -1.6C at the mo after a ow of -3.4C last night, very strong wind drying everything out and making it feel uber cold! Just got off the phone to Oz... oh how I wish we had the warmth!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow ..

oooo its getting cold, i now have a temp game with the children, when we get into the car, we all say a temp then i turn the car on and see who was right. good way of teaching them temps and fun too.. it was -2 this morning brrrrrrr,,....

Posted

Just grey here. No frost, no snow, just grey cloud :p

You won't see the frost in the very dry cloudy Easterly air that's happening now but I think by tomorrow morning the

ground may be (surprisingly for some people) frozen quite hard with the wind blowing.

And if you're outside for long enough (granted I worked outside from 07.00 - 12.00) then you'll see a few grains of

snow drifting in the bitter wind. There were 14 on my car roof first thing this morning lol.

Maybe this isn't interesting enough for some, but surely it's a darned sight better than even yesterday's dampness.