Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Late Winter/early Spring Discussion Part 21

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Got a bad feeling about Summer after the dry Winter/ early Spring!

Posted

Got a bad feeling about Summer after the dry Winter/ early Spring!

Same here, it was around 3/4th?? October last year that there was last a really major rain event here, the outlook for the foreseeable future is remaining high pressure dominated with minimal rain, the nail must be in the coffin for a dry summer now, though if the rain can come in thunderstorms then thats acceptable :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I really cant understand why so many believe in this dry spring awful summer nonsense. The Atlantic is traditionally at its quietest right now and of course there have been many a dry spring where the summer was just as good. 1995 was one i read and 2003 to name but a few.

Im yet to see previous rubbish Thunderstorm years to be balanced out!

I think people are believing this purely because of the last few dreadful summers which i partially dont blame you as we really cant stand another one but i think believing a dry spring must mean a horrible summer has little if any link.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Same here, it was around 3/4th?? October last year that there was last a really major rain event here, the outlook for the foreseeable future is remaining high pressure dominated with minimal rain, the nail must be in the coffin for a dry summer now, though if the rain can come in thunderstorms then thats acceptable :lol:

my last 2 dreadful torrential all day rain, 01 0ct and 08 Nov last year, but yeah this high pressure spell could mean a crap May/June, I just dont want a repeat of the washout days of 20-21 July 07

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A very mild day even without the sun which did even show for a little time. If it was out it would have felt pretty warm!!! 17c near Southampton today. :)

Posted

Grey, grey, grey and totally dire here all day. Hardly any rain, no sun, and 8-10C all day.

Wasn't March 1992 a bit like this one, very unexciting down here but cold and snowy in Scotland? That also followed a snowless February, and led to the best May/June combination I can remember (Shame about the August though). Can't believe I'm comparing the last few months to part of 1991/2 after last December, but....

Posted

12.6C here, not my warmest of year, Im now on Friday deluge watch, really hope that changes, gfs and bbc have deluge moving across southern England, only Scotland escaping

Posted

If the GFS was right then 5-10mm on Friday-hardly a deluge! Lol. Every rain sounds like Noah's Ark is on the way to you Mark. Hehe. :lol:

Otherwise a very dry outlook ensues.

Posted

If the GFS was right then 5-10mm on Friday-hardly a deluge! Lol. Every rain sounds like Noah's Ark is on the way to you Mark. Hehe. :lol:

Otherwise a very dry outlook ensues.

Hope its dry, but Staffordshire is generally wettest county of midlands, Netweather/metcheck give rain all day friday, torrential or heavy at times 20mm, but the usual thing with Stafford its dry Thurs night and friday night

Posted

No deluge tommorow, only some light rain in the morning for the South of the region, after that who knows when the next rain will be, if the ECM comes off were easily be looking at one of the driest Marchs on record here, hopefully things will counterbalance with some Spanish Plumes rather than atlantic driven rain this summer.

Posted

Only 0.8mm in Rugby so far at my parents.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Early morning frontal cloud has now pushed away to the SE leaving beautifully blue & clear skies with unbroken sunshine....feeling a tad fresher now the cloud's shifted, but pleasantly warm in the sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

very quiet on here, got upto 20.0C max today, 11.2C now, summer sun radiation effect lifting temps

Was that a screened temperature reading Mark?.......I had a maximum of 14.7C in the shade, mind you, it's been mostly cloudy since around 11am

Posted

Was that a screened temperature reading Mark?.......I had a maximum of 14.7C in the shade, mind you, it's been mostly cloudy since around 11am

its a lexibook meteoclock with outdoor sensor, havent got stevenson screen or anything, from early feb seems to rise very fast when sunny, maybe because I havent a stevenson screen, My sensor is completely shaded

Posted

its a lexibook meteoclock with outdoor sensor, havent got stevenson screen or anything, from early feb seems to rise very fast when sunny, maybe because I havent a stevenson screen, My sensor is completely shaded

Mine's not screened either, the remote sensor just dangles from the flat roof guttering.......Looks like I was a bit unlucky with the cloud, there were lanes of fair weather Cumulus, and I was stuck under one of those 'lanes' for most of the day, I'm hoping to get some more clearer sky tomorrow

Posted

20c seems way too high for today???

It was warm but not that much!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

I think your high reading is a combination of factors. Firstly the Lexibook is unlikely to have a default accuracy much better than 1c to 1.5c and sensors at this level in the market show a marked tendency to 'drift' over time, ie the inaccuracy increases. Combine this with background radiation due to the sensor being unscreened and you could easily end up with a reading which is 4 or 5 degrees out, even more in hot sunny weather.

Posted

A touch of grass frost this morning — could be another lovely day.

Posted

Today was warm at 16c but ruined by convective cloud. :(

Tomorrow looks better.

Posted

What a lovely day- it's actually felt warm and I've been out for several hours in a T-shirt. Looking at the satellite we seem lucky to have escaped with no more than a few straggly Cu all day, some places nearby (N Wales especially) seem much cloudier.

Yesterday was almost a carbon copy.

Posted

A faultless day and very warm for the time of year with many stations around here reporting between 17-19c. :D

Also, any rain forecast is a week away on the GFS. If so we could end the month with just 5mm or so for March. Very very very dry.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

20.4C recorded today, sensor is shaded, not screened....Some convective cloud bubbled up around the early afternoon, but quickly melted away due to the cap in place...An absolutely stunning day, all in all B)

Posted

20.4C recorded today, sensor is shaded, not screened....Some convective cloud bubbled up around the early afternoon, but quickly melted away due to the cap in place...An absolutely stunning day, all in all B)

Ive moved mine, under a bush to have less sun radiation effect, not sure if its more accurate, or the 20C on monday was closer, 16.6C max today, thought seemed more accurate