Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Late Winter/early Spring Discussion Part 21

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Even much of NE Wales was under cloud all day. Your areas really do seem prone and more than i thought initially perhaps and certainly doesnt do your temperatures any good!

The rest of us get the cloud tomorrow anyway courtesy of a weak weather front. Monday and Tuesday look very sunny for all of us though and temperatures respectable enough given the strength of the sun also at about 9/10c.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!

Wooo! First frost here for a long time, currently -1.2C and dropping under (presumably) a clear sky biggrin.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I hope next Wednesday and Thursday come off (GFS Wise). Definitely would be some snow showers in that and the upper winds scream Cheshire Gap potential. :)

But as usual i wouldnt be surprised if we end up with a non event. :lol:

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Groundhog day strikes again up here...Wall to wall greyness, with bits & pieces of drizzle....really hoping the sun can burn this clag away!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Woke up to a frost this morning with the temperature just below -1oC. Temperature rose quickly so that now it's 5.0oC, not too bad out as the wind's dropped down. Grey skies so far today, yesterday was better with a lot of sunshine.

Posted

I'm officially bored with Winter now.

Either do something exciting or beggar off and let Spring arrive!

Posted

Just managed a frost last night, though it was a close thing as it clouded over yet again and you needed to be up at 7am to see any ice. Today has been grim- leaden skies, 5-6C temps and 7 hours of heavy drizzle that soaked everything. How we can get that with 1032mb pressure is beyond me- I've heard of anticyclonic gloom but anticyclonic rain?

Posted

Tasty GFS next Friday night with a low bring very heavy snow for the Central Mids Northwards. Shame the chances of it coming off a slim but excellent to see Wednesday Evening onwards may at least see snow showers if the GFS was right.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Tasty GFS next Friday night with a low bring very heavy snow for the Central Mids Northwards. Shame the chances of it coming off a slim but excellent to see Wednesday Evening onwards may at least see snow showers if the GFS was right.

I had dream last night...I was cooking friday tea, roast pork...I plunged the skewer in to see if it was cooked, and the joint slid off the roasting tray and lept into the air, before being retrieved off the floor.....yep, you got it!....Pigs flying....lol

Posted

I had dream last night...I was cooking friday tea, roast pork...I plunged the skewer in to see if it was cooked, and the joint slid off the roasting tray and lept into the air, before being retrieved off the floor.....yep, you got it!....Pigs flying....lol

:lol:

18z GFS is a stonker with by far the best charts since Pre Xmas. Wish the ECM would come on board though but it does seem to be ever so slowly if not so exciting though. Should the GFS come off, plenty of snow showers may be available Wednesday Night onwards but i would like further model backing however we are edging quite well into the reliable time frame shortly.

Posted

It seems the GFS was up to its tricks again and any cold spell this week looking very unlikely now. Massive downgrades this evening from it but it was expected. The GFS has been a truly rubbish model since Christmas imo and so has Winter! Thank god for November and December but im fully in Spring Mode now so this downgrade doesnt bother me.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Welcome to the Midlands i say. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Although it feels a little bit cool, a really lovely Spring-like day today with constant sunshine. Air smells really fresh today too and barely any wind around. Temperature hovering around 8.9*C, though the sky has a very slight hazyness look to it. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

6 sub zero minimums out of 7 for me here so far this march, certainly colder than february, certainly looks like becoming warm on saturday, but maybe not for long, March may yet be colder than feb, but of course still snow free

Posted

Yet again woke up to leaden skies this morning after it was clear and frosty at midnight; yet again it burnt off just after midday. It's clear and going frosty again now- could we have a clear morning for once?

Posted

Yet again woke up to leaden skies this morning after it was clear and frosty at midnight; yet again it burnt off just after midday. It's clear and going frosty again now- could we have a clear morning for once?

Yet again youve had to deal with this cloud! Sunshine ALL day here. Felt warm in the sun. The sun is certainly gaining rapid strength now. Love it. :D Tomorrow perhaps a degree or two warmer too. :D

Posted

Yet again youve had to deal with this cloud! Sunshine ALL day here. Felt warm in the sun. The sun is certainly gaining rapid strength now. Love it. :D Tomorrow perhaps a degree or two warmer too. :D

Staffs and Shrops are the worst areas generally, the least sunny, the least snowy, the wettest, no wonder IB used to always say 'snow for midlands away from Staffs and Shrops, think it should be dry away from staffs and shrops, or sunny except for Staffs and Shrops

Posted

Staffs and Shrops are the worst areas generally, the least sunny, the least snowy, the wettest, no wonder IB used to always say 'snow for midlands away from Staffs and Shrops, think it should be dry away from staffs and shrops, or sunny except for Staffs and Shrops

Indeed sunshine wise last summer there were often people posting from down towards Dudley/Stourbridge/Birmingham saying it was sunny and warm whilst we had the overcast skies here :lol:

Hopefully tommorow will be clear blue skies from sunrise to sunset, cloud shouldnt arrive till the evening hopefully?

Posted

I've noticed so many times how the thermometer goes up and the cloud cover down in the warmer months, as soon as I get down past Ludlow and into Herefordshire. It's not unusual for it to be 4C warmer around Hereford/Ross area than here. Last summer I even noticed it getting clearer north of Whitchurch as well- in a NW'ly. Shropshire really does seem like a refuge for stubborn cloud sometimes!

I've suspended the charge that Shrewsbury always misses the snow after December 2010, a timely thing as a repeat of 2009/10 would have had me out of here.

Posted

Another glorious sunny day here in the NW MIdlands, barely a cloud to be seen all day.....I wish I could get out and enjoy it, but alas I'm laid up indoors with a herniated disc in my back :(

Posted

not a cloud here either, although can now see the change from the west, high cloud moving in covering western sky, if this was late may to late Jul, would be around 30°C today with this setup, with fresher weather due from west tonight

Posted

A very nice and pleasant (warm in the sunshine) day. Tomorrow doesnt look that bad actually however with some cloud involved i dont want to say anything for the Shropshire and Staffordshire counties. :p :lol:

Otherwise its been a dry start to Spring and March. :)

Posted

A very nice and pleasant (warm in the sunshine) day. Tomorrow doesnt look that bad actually however with some cloud involved i dont want to say anything for the Shropshire and Staffordshire counties. :p :lol:

Otherwise its been a dry start to Spring and March. :)

shouldnt be now anyway, only prone to murk off the north sea, possibly being so far east, but tomorrow looks okay, although prepared for a horror day on thursday from the dreaded cheshire gap

Posted

I know but cloud seems to love your area anyway. :lol:

Any showers this week will be scattered and light. We dont have anything to worry about really. Another pleasant day on the way tomorrow at least. :)