Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Late Winter/early Spring Discussion Part 21

A.J

Posted

Well we've actually had a sunny day today! First clear morning for weeks, a decent frost too, then very pleasant. Just a huint of a change with cloud in the west as the sun went down. Must have been close to 10 hours of sun today.

Posted

Im just hoping the outlook of endless high pressure and mild temperatures isn't go to be bad news for summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Bright and windy sums it up today...Had a couple of very light showers earlier this morning, now broken cloud & mainly sunshine, but it's the wind thats noteworthy, very gusty at times

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A very mild, windy day today with the odd light shower and sunny spells. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Just had a massive squall, (assume you too AJ) but yeah a decent spring day with a high of 13.9°C, very warm weekend coming up, but wet on sunday/monday then looks like drier from tuesday

Posted

Very breezy day, quite gusty at times especially this morning when there were some light showers, dry afternoon though with a high today of 11.8c, now 6.6c so not quite as mild as the rest of the region.

Posted

Quite bizarre hearing talk of disruptve snow up north when it's so mild down here. Winter has long since packed its bags from these parts!

Posted

Indeed charts in a matter of days switched from a potential severe cold spell this weekend to some of the mildest weather of the year so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Quite bizarre hearing talk of disruptve snow up north when it's so mild down here. Winter has long since packed its bags from these parts!

Very much so. I certainly cant remember such a snowless January and February since i was born which i admit was only some 17 years ago :lol:. I certainly hope its not the same next winter. Its a bit like the Stormless 2010 almost!

However im all up for warm spring sunshine because thats what it is now. :D

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Not to be 100% Trusted but BBC 5 day going for 16c across the South Midlands next Tuesday. :)

17c on the Solent, Hampshire also. I wish but actually possible. :)

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Looks like another brilliant sunny day today, with a low of 0.6C earlier, now 3.3C. It should feel mild in the afternoon, especially since winds are weaker today. :)

Posted

Spring here, 14.8C today, but the usual wet sunday looming, also dreading Tuesday, wont be long before flooding advisories out for Staffs and Shrops

thread should be renamed from tomorrow, 'the midlands wet weather discussion thread'

Posted

It doesnt look that wet at all to me. Weve barely had any rain this month so far and still stand at about 85mm for the year so far. A below Average March looks pretty likely to me now.

Posted

What an awful first quarter of 2011 it's been. Just plain boring. What doesn't help is that the pleasant weather keeps popping up during the working week when we do get some!

Every single hint of any cold weather in the past 2 months and a bit has been very quickly taken away again before we've even had the chance to discuss it fully. I feel sorry for anyone who became interested in the weather because of the unsual December!

However, I think in hindsight....it may have been good to have these months the way they had. For me, it means that I will be approaching Winter 2011/2012 level-headed. This winter has been a reminder that not only can we still get bitter weather...but our winters also are capable of being very boring. A good balance for the soul!

I think back to the build up of December 18th. A lot of people saying, "Well if this doesn't come off....there'll be plenty of more chances, plenty of winter left!"

Who would have thought that for some of us....that was our last chance! Bloody good job it came off!

Looking ahead...still looking for my repeat of Easter 2007 this year! We'll know in around 4-5 weeks time!

Posted

It doesnt look that wet at all to me. Weve barely had any rain this month so far and still stand at about 85mm for the year so far. A below Average March looks pretty likely to me now.

Not that wet for you, but Tuesday's 'worrying' deluge for Staffs is still showing on 12Z, not be long before bbc/meto issue an advisory,

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Is that slow moving front on Tuesday going to be that active though? I would have though it a fairly weak feature given the pressure and certainly nothing 'worrying' rain- wise anywhere in the next week. I anticipate the generally dry theme of March continuing for a while yet.

Saying that its pretty wet here in SW Wales this evening!

Just running through the GFS 6- hourly precipitation totals, Staffs will get below 12mm Monday night- Tuesday evening.

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

BBC/meto have tuesdays rain too far west, GFS 18Z has this right, wellies out on Tuesday

Edited by snow? norfolk n chance

Posted

I would get your sandals out, a mostly dry week ahead for the Midlands, that front is over Ireland on Tuesday.

Posted

I would get your sandals out, a mostly dry week ahead for the Midlands, that front is over Ireland on Tuesday.

Indeed, some big contrasts in model output at just 48 hours. Quite poor modelling really but if it stays as it is, 14-16c on Tuesday seems very possible. :)

Posted

Nice to get in on the dry air after a wet start. Been a stunning afternoon.

Low dew points though. Static shocks galore!

Posted

Yeah Tony, turned out GFS had rain too far east thankfully, good springlike day today, my warmest day of year still 25th Feb at 15.5C, could see a minus minimum tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

A cold night, followed (so far) by a pleasant day....Quite warm in the sun, with only a light breeze, with some patchy Cirrus clouds...On the whole, not too shabby :)

Posted

Frosty and clear last night with a low of -2.3c, however been a pleasant day today with hazy sunshine and a high of 9.9c, already this month weve passed January & Februarys sun totals combined.

Posted

A lovely warm in the sun day yet again. The rest of the week is looking pretty dry.