Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Late Winter/early Spring Discussion Part 21

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Brightened up in Malvern this afternoon, despite feeling pretty raw outside at 4oC maximum today. Roll on springtime!

Posted

2-3 flakes of snow this morning!

I doubt it was snow as uppers are above above zero today and so were temperatures this morning.

Been a lovely afternoon here, not a cloud in the sky now.

Edited by conor123

Posted

Well thankgod for December because otherwise this winter Jan & Feb would have one hell of a let down. Genuinely I don't think a single snowflake fell in Nottingham throughout the last 2 months.

However can't moan too much because December was special. I think that is what has made the last 2 months so frustrating, we had such a wonderful early winter that I thought almost certain winter would return again with vengence at least once in the last 2 months but like I said aside the occassional frost not a snowflake to be had.

My thoughs have now definetly turned to the future, like winter lets have at least one month of wall to wall sunshine this summer, like a proper summer as it were LOL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A glorious afternoon and that sun is really gaining strength now. Even with temperatures below 10c, it feels most pleasant and even not bad out of the sun!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

typical early spring day, easterly wind with a north sea misty low cloud setup, cleared at 1pm ish, now clear at 1.8C, fully expecting the north sea mist to return, could be with me all day tomorrow, being this far east

Posted

Suddenly cleared at 1pm to leave a glorious afternoon, if it can do that in early March why does it struggle sometimes in June and July? Expect it'll cloud over again tonight though; would be nice to be reminded what frost looks like!

Posted

wondering why bbc weather is giving me heavy rain for saturday? hopefully not, surely just dry and dull

Ian Brown been very quiet? not been on since 14th Feb, im certain he was on this just to try and win the negative reputation league! not been on since it went

Edited by snow? norfolk n chance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

In a similar vein to the above (though more agreeable and approachable) - what has happened to OldMetman?

Posted

I doubt it was snow as uppers are above above zero today and so were temperatures this morning.

Been a lovely afternoon here, not a cloud in the sky now.

Well I was rather dubious when my wife told me there was a few flakes of snow through the front window at about 8am, but I then did see just 1-2 flakes through the back window!

Posted

Well I was rather dubious when my wife told me there was a few flakes of snow through the front window at about 8am, but I then did see just 1-2 flakes through the back window!

Can confirm it was cold and very dark here in Bham yesterday at 09:00. Itt only reached 5.9C in the beautiful sunshine we ended up with after 14:00. The temperature at 09:00 was just 1.9C. I had seen snow grains and hail pellets a couple of days ago under similar circumstances on monday morning at 2.4C.

This morning was even colder and duller (but the air is dryer). Temp at 09:00 was 1.7C. It is now only 3.1C and feeling very cold in the wind.

The current weather is remarkable for the lack of sunshine. Apart from the 2.5hrs yesterday pm we had not seen the sun since last thursday (25/2).

MIA

Posted

north sea mist not really lifting here, very prone to it here being this far east, very chilly E wind, got down to -1.5C before mist rolled in, expecting this 'pain in the ass' E wind to pick up tomorrow, seems to have picked up now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

north sea mist not really lifting here, very prone to it here being this far east, very chilly E wind, got down to -1.5C before mist rolled in, expecting this 'pain in the ass' E wind to pick up tomorrow, seems to have picked up now

You make it sound like your from somewhere like Norwich. Lol.

It all depends on the wind/moisture etc. Tomorrow should see a day very similar to Yesterday with cloud restricted to the morning.

Posted

No breaks in the cloud yet today here, typical Spring easterly weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

grey, damp, cold.......a chilling damp sort of cold that permiates through the thickest fleece....horrible weather, thoroughly horrible!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Hopeful for the north Midlands as its nice and sunny on the Coventry cams.

Apologies, but the fifth almost unbroken sunny day here on the trot after frosty nights, Winter and Spring in a day each day!whistling.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Better late than never, as chinks of sunshine are finally breaking through!

Posted

Sun broke thru in Solihull about 12:15

Temperature rocketed from 2.8c to 5.5c in 10mins. Still feels cold and falling away under clear skies Currently 5.1c after max of 5.9c

MIA

Posted

Sun never broke through today, turned brighter though in the last hour or so but cloud is only now breaking as the suns setting (how July 2010 esque haha).

Anyway i know its far far away but 12z is surely a great setup next Wednesday/thursday for heavy wintry showers to stream through the Cheshire Gap, however the UKMO is having none of it.

Edited by conor123

Posted

north sea misty low cloud again struggled to break, but now clear at 0.6C, but expecting the sea mist to roll back in

hope next wednesday dosent come off, dont fancy heavy rain all day

Posted

Sun never broke through today, turned brighter though in the last hour or so but cloud is only now breaking as the suns setting (how July 2010 esque haha).

Yet again im amazed at the difference between here and up into Telford and Shropshire. Since late morning weve had clear blue skies and very pleasant in the sun yet 25-30 miles away youve had cloud all day! You lot need to move. :lol:

Posted

Yet again im amazed at the difference between here and up into Telford and Shropshire. Since late morning weve had clear blue skies and very pleasant in the sun yet 25-30 miles away youve had cloud all day! You lot need to move. :lol:

yeah here is a very prone spot for north sea misty low cloud, struggles to burn off especially in april/may, clear now at -2.3C