Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Late Winter/early Spring Discussion Part 21

A.J

Posted

12.4c was the high here today, decent amounts of sunshine for once which made a lovely change.

Posted

Indeed, im fed up of all this cold, dank cloudy weather.

Cloudy maybe, but this will almost certainly be my warmest February - no snow (a record) and so far only one air frost (also a record).

The one thing you cannot say about Feb 2011 is that it was cold!!!!

Blimey what did you get on that day? Reached about 15c today i think here and boy did it feel very pleasant today. :D

I had 12.8c today. But 13.3c on the 3rd.

But yes, it did feel very pleasant.

Mind, my garden is fairly sheltered and at this time of year tends to be in shade quite a bit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Certainly Essan, it cannot be described as a cold month at all even though i did say in an earlier post-i think i was too fed up with the cloud when i wrote the post that said cold lol. It has been cool at times but overall mild. It really has been a contrast to November and December. Its a shame today was a one off or for now anyway but id much rather take more of today than any cold and snow now. I am certainly in Spring mode now. Today also lifted my spirits much more and made me want to do more. The same can be said for much of the country im sure.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Nice day today, first proper sun for a week though it was disappointingly hazy/contrailed at times (it always seems to be with SW'lies these days). 13C and certainly didn't feel like winter.

Lowest temp this month so far is -1 which must be a record for February. Even 1995, 1998 and 2002 had a few -2s and -3s; last October hit -2 as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Is it still winter??.....damn, after a day like today, I could've sworn it was late spring/early summer....What an absolutely gorgeous day! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Very confusing picture for the weekend. Models like the UKMO want a showery convective weekend with rain/hail showers and now the GFS 18z throws up a real soaker of a weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Very confusing picture for the weekend. Models like the UKMO want a showery convective weekend with rain/hail showers and now the GFS 18z throws up a real soaker of a weekend.

yes, really hope bbc/meto have this one right, bbc/meto have a washout tonight, where as GFS have it lingering all day saturday, somehow think bbc/meto are moving main rain away too quick

Posted

Thankfully, the showery, convective theme is more dominant them in the forecast for this weekend. :) Hail and a small risk of Thunder in those showers hopefully...if they turn up that is!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

And so begins an evening and night of rain. Thankfully the GFS lost its washout weekend and heavy, possibly thundery showers looks like the order of the weekend. :D Hail seems very likely in some showers and possibly a little sleet/wet snow on higher hills i would have thought.

Posted

warmest day today, of spring 2011, 15.5C max, amazed its stayed dry all day, still expecting a dismal washout sunday for staffs and shrops

Posted

warmest day today, of spring 2011, 15.5C max, amazed its stayed dry all day, still expecting a dismal washout sunday for staffs and shrops

15.5c is very mild? 13c only seems the general max today but maybe others in your area recorded similar.

A washout in terms of lots of rain seems quite unlikely now on Sunday. Places may see a fair bit of rain from heavy showers though.

Posted

15.5c is very mild? 13c only seems the general max today but maybe others in your area recorded similar.

A washout in terms of lots of rain seems quite unlikely now on Sunday. Places may see a fair bit of rain from heavy showers though.

yeah I was referring to constant cheshire gap muck for sunday,

Posted

Lets hope its good muck then. :lol:

Latest NMM brings some very heavy rain around Midnight right through here and the heart of the West Midlands. Could be a bit nasty for a time. It did the same in the 06z too. Meanwhile the 12z clears tonights rain faster in the morning and brings in some heavy showers around Midday with some instability so a rumble of thunder or two cant be ruled out. :)

Posted

Lets hope its good muck then. :lol:

Latest NMM brings some very heavy rain around Midnight right through here and the heart of the West Midlands. Could be a bit nasty for a time. It did the same in the 06z too. Meanwhile the 12z clears tonights rain faster in the morning and brings in some heavy showers around Midday with some instability so a rumble of thunder or two cant be ruled out. :)

be good to have first thunderstorm of summer 2011, but I guess I will be unlucky again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Looks like a very wet night for many of us tonight, as pulses of rain train up from the SW...It's been raining steadily here for sometime now, and expect it to continue for most of the night

Posted

Yess a right soaker. NAE now brings the heaviest rain right on top of us now too.

Posted

Yess a right soaker. NAE now brings the heaviest rain right on top of us now too.

indeed it does, showing up to an inch of rain for some spots of the midlands in the next 12 hours......Just a crying shame we didn't have -10C uppers & -2C dewpoints with the 0C isotherm at sealevel, but heyho!...lol

Posted

best time for the rain guys at night, usually timed for the day, like the upcoming soggy sunday, monday also looking wet

cor this new user name of mine appears to be realistic, virtually snow free 2011, but maybe some in nov/dec

Edited by snow? norfolk n chance

Posted

Heavy shower here right now. A dry afternoon now looks likely. Around Midday tomorrow may see some further heavy showers before a sunny afternoon.

Posted

Heavy shower here right now. A dry afternoon now looks likely. Around Midday tomorrow may see some further heavy showers before a sunny afternoon.

still think models may have underdone cheshire gap for tomorrow for staffs and shrops, be a shocker I think, but yeah rest of today looking mainly dry on raintoday

Posted

Well if the Cheshire Gap decides to inflict endless rain on us tommorow it will be just typical considering when the air mass is cold enough for snow it brings nothing more than fair weather cumulus :lol:

Posted

Chance of some pretty heavy showers with hail and better risk of thunder than today especially West of Birmingham. :) 11am-2pm the time for the most showers.