England (Central & Southern) - Regional Weather Discussion

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
Posted · Hidden by bella09, November 29, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by bella09, November 29, 2011 - No reason given

Kamehameha - can you please tell me where to find this info ?

Depends how far South you want to look really:

prectypeuktopo.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Has any one any idea when the team are starting the regional threads for this winter

Just wondered as there may be a few places over the weekend seeing some of the white stuff

Thanks

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Has any one any idea when the team are starting the regional threads for this winter

Just wondered as there may be a few places over the weekend seeing some of the white stuff

Thanks

C.S

Yes I wondered this too Id say regional's for Northeast England , Northwest England may need opening at least (Scotland and Ireland already open)

Posted

Yes I wondered this too Id say regional's for Northeast England , Northwest England may need opening at least (Scotland and Ireland already open)

Cant all of the Regional threads be opened, then it would be easier to get any details of any snow heading the way for a specific area.

Posted

There is a potential cold snowy spell on the cards at the end of this week and into next week and I do think it is about time we had at least a n england regional thread.. this thread is likely to get clogged up in the next few days with those in the snow banging on about snow prospects whilst those in the south bemoan prospects of further heavy rain showers.

The fact there is a separate thread for Wales which is less likely to see any snow doesn't seem right in my book. There is a huge difference between the weather in Cumbria and that in Kent and between that in Cornwall and that in Northumberland.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

The full regionals wont be out until a more major spell of severe weather. Next week will not justify them im sure. Nothing too widespread or major is expected at this stage.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Who was the guy from east yorkshire last year who posted a lot of analysis on lasts year weather and put up a few videos? Was it Lewis? Is he still around?

he got banned i think

Posted

Have all the england members forgotton this thread exists? Everyone has deserted it and posting in the cold discussion thread it appears. Would have expected a few members from NE and NW Eng to be posting about the upcoming potential snow prospects. I do think we should have a N England thread and a Midlands/S England thread.

Posted

Have all the england members forgotton this thread exists? Everyone has deserted it and posting in the cold discussion thread it appears. Would have expected a few members from NE and NW Eng to be posting about the upcoming potential snow prospects. I do think we should have a N England thread and a Midlands/S England thread.

Im here! :D I agree I think a N England should be opened the posts would be alot higher and stop watching all the moaning southerners complaining at their rain or rejoicing with their sleet. ;)

Posted

I think the frequency of posting speaks for itself. This thread is for England not just for the South East. People from the North East/North West can post in here and discuss the likely outcome of the event. As yet, we are not seeing anything major and when that does happen, we will be opening the separate regionals.

Posted

All of those living in the Northern Parts of England and have prospects of snow then I would advise you to post in the Scotland thread next week as this where all the action will be! It's better than having disjointed reports and opinions during the cold spell as Northern England gets absolutely hammered by snow whereas in the south of england there is some excitement about a potential air frost.

Posted

All of those living in the Northern Parts of England and have prospects of snow then I would advise you to post in the Scotland thread next week as this where all the action will be! It's better than having disjointed reports and opinions during the cold spell as Northern England gets absolutely hammered by snow whereas in the south of england there is some excitement about a potential air frost.

Ill be there mate! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

GFS shows snow showers for my location throughout Monday which is only 70m ASL with max temps of 3-4c.

I don't expect to see snow down to this level at all, winds coming off a warm Irish which will modify the air greatly as usual with a NW'ly flow here being so close to the coast., this happened during the cold and snowy Dec 2009 events = no snow for me.

Edited by Liam J

Posted

GFS shows snow showers for my location throughout Monday which is only 70m ASL with max temps of 3-4c.

I don't expect to see snow down to this level at all, winds coming off a warm Irish which will modify the air greatly as usual with a NW'ly flow here being so close to the coast., this happened during the cold and snowy Dec 2009 events = no snow for me.

Yes closeness to the Irish Sea will be a key determining factor. Low ground of central and eastern lakes should fare much better than western parts close to the coast - for this reason we have a reasonable chance of seeing some snow - will wait and see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

I think i'll see some snow falling but im pretty certain it wont lay

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

I'm here. I've been reading but not posting much, because the weather here at the moment is a bit . . . well you know . . . boring. Still, I wish all of you who have the chance of some snow, lots of luck with the white fluffy stuff. May you get loads of it.

Meanwhile, I'll just keep polishing the runners on my sledge - one day I'll get to use it :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

The cheshire gap has had frequent showers all day hope this keeps up for the next few days as the colder air digs

down briefly,do believe i will see a few snow showers but not expecting any kind of covering,the latest meto update

is for a CHANCE of sleet/snow showers on low ground spreading to the North Midlands

It will just be nice to see some of the white stuff after such a dismall Autumn.

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

The cheshire gap has had frequent showers all day hope this keeps up for the next few days as the colder air digs

down briefly,do believe i will see a few snow showers but not expecting any kind of covering,the latest meto update

is for a CHANCE of sleet/snow showers on low ground spreading to the North Midlands

It will just be nice to see some of the white stuff after such a dismall Autumn.

C.S

Yes, I for one, will be keeping my eye out for possible cheshire gap scenarios over the next few days :D

Posted

Here in the Rossendale valley today we've had everything thrown at us, including numerous hail storms. The temperature at the moment is holiding up, but hopefully we may get some snow tomorrow night/Monday, there has to be some advantages of living at 1000ft on the side of a hill!!

Posted

I'm here too but I've just been lurking, waiting for the winter regional thread. I think I've been spoiled the last two years for snow so I'n not expecting to be lucky a third time... unless someone here can tell me otherwise!

Is Backtrack about? He ALWAYS promises snow!