Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland - Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

Tay road bridge closed to everything now. Red warning anyone?

I can not understand why this isn't a red warning at the moment when my mums reporting that trees are coming down which way and every way in Helensburgh. All the windows in my friends office in Belfast have just got blown in and just about every bridge and railway line in the west of Scotland is shut.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero

Sustained winds have been over 50mph here for the past half hour now. The livestock are all cowering behind the stone walls! Not had a gust over 60mph yet though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Tay road bridge closed to everything now. Red warning anyone?

Only happens when their intruments records an 80+mph gust. Wife just phoned to say our back fence is down and that there are bins all over the road including one blown against our car. Just our luck it is black and blue bin day :wacko:

Posted

its got really gusty down here in the south east this afternoon so i thought i would pop over to this thread to see if you guys are okay up there!

You must be getting some strong winds!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Windy around here with small debris blown off trees and 'stuff' blowing around all over. Need goggles in places. Cats curled up under the stairs - maybe the Russians are coming too? Oh and there's some seriously messy showers hammering through. Umbrella weather it is not though :blink: :blink: - what do the tourists think of???

Posted

Only happens when their intruments records an 80+mph gust. Wife just phoned to say our back fence is down and that there are bins all over the road including one blown against our car. Just our luck it is black and blue bin day :wacko:

Apparently they recorded 90+ mph and closed it. Some power off in Fife.

I don't think we've seen it this bad in a few years let alone May.

Apparently there are some poor people stuck in a car with a near on top of it near Kinross. Red warnings indicate risk to life and property? We're being let down yet again.

Edited by Hiya

Posted

Jeez just got the biggest fright ever. Dustbin outside just flew in to our poor excuse for a kitchen window. Right now I'm so happy we're in a basement. We keep getting brief bouts of hail as well

Edited by sammie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Gee its really getting bad, gusts and sustained winds are really awful!!.

Glad i cleared everything in our garden etc, our bin was blown over this morning, by now if there are any others out on the pavement they will be long gone!!! Hope everyone keeps safe today.

Posted

Just recorded 71.6mph. That beats any windspeeds we got from the gales in winter and earlier this spring by a long way. Currently watching the big tree out front disintegrate and planks of wood getting blown off some scaffolding.

Posted

Wild here, bins everywhere, chairs down the road, trees down

lovely scottish summers day :whistling:

* Forth Road Bridge now CLOSED to all vehicles. * Gogar roundabout - traffic lights out of action. * A8 - long delays westbound from Gogar.

Tree down in Leith

http://t.co/1wsE0Cv

Edited by JoeShmoe

Posted

What's the timescale on this? Is it supposed to last well into the evening?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Several high fences down in my street and being bin day bins and rubbish everywhere along with tree branches. Neighbours brown bins both blew from his drive across into ours and into my car. What's the liability for that??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Tad breezy here to say the least.

Drive home down the A68 fine - just some branch dodging required here and there.

Thankfully, my house is sheltered by forest (at a safe distance), so nothing blowing around badly. Lupins taking a bit of hit is the worst thing - grew really tall in the past couple of weeks.

Posted

Well if that hasn't blown the cobwebs off then nothing will. 100+mph recorded at Glen Ogle this afternoon, oor work car park in Falkirk resembles the rain forest after the chainsaw's have been through and the side of the house is covered in wet debris!!! Oh the joy of living exposed.

Temp currently 7.7c and still very strong sustained winds with heavy prolonged gusts. Welcome to Summer in Scotland...whistling.gif

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ta/glen_ogle_latest_weather.html (shok.gif 105mph @ 17:00)

Edited by Cheggers

Posted

I and hundreds of other people are stuck in Dundee, trains off, bridge closed. I'm staying at a workmates but there must be many people who came off the train to London who are probably not having a pleasant night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sunshine

Hey

newbie here from West Lothian...we had a Few Share of Drama here Trees Falling Traffic madness Here :(

Got a Question Here...would this Storm be Class as a european windstorm With the Serverity of the Storm

Posted

Hey

newbie here from West Lothian...we had a Few Share of Drama here Trees Falling Traffic madness Here :(

Got a Question Here...would this Storm be Class as a european windstorm With the Serverity of the Storm

I'd pretty much say with 100% certainty this would be classed as a European Windstorm.

Posted

Still without power and most likely will be til late tomorrow apparently.....but nothing that candles, a fire and Lagavulin won't cure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Couple of power cuts earlier, about 2 hours in all. Hammering down now, at least the wind's slowly dying down. Stove's on again... feels like November.