Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Regional Weather Discussion

We'll all have to get T-shirts printed up and come out of the netweather closet, loud and proud ! :gathering:

:lol:

"I survived winter 2010-2011 and now I'm back for MORE!!!!"

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Yes, that's me (but shhh don't tell anyone lol). I love this thread/forum because of the wealth of information it gives from all corners of Scotland - something that seems unavailable elsewhere. If I can't get my own snow it is nice to see/read about some not too far away!

Yes - we often talk about the weather too!

NAE suggests Ayrshire in the firing line tomorrow night http://expertcharts....120506_0312.gif and Merseyside into Monday rush hour too - who'da thunk it?

The NMM is however a bit more detailed on precipitation and tends to give a better idea of how much precipitation is going to get past the grampian massif and where it'll hit.

As for Tuesday night - it currently looks like a snow to rain and perhaps back to snow event http://hw.nwstatic.c...ecmt850.072.png but it's too early to firm up on just how that will play out - hopefully the odd 'southgrade' pushes us into the all snow zone.

Tuesday is a total mess. It's a back edge now event, but if it sinks 50 miles south then it is wall to wall snow for some. Later in the week is similar as that active low slides across the UK. Interesting times ahead, and it's all down to action on the ground rather than charts now. Anything can and will happen. It's going to be an amazing week.

Lurk. :-)

Don't lurk, post. Seriously. Your opinion is probably better than mine. Post it up!!! Do not be shy. Your opinion is probably better than mine and everyone elses. DO NOT BE SHY!!!! :) :) :) :)

This is the best thread to cut your teeth in, we are all friends.

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted

Got kinda wet yukky stuff here atm..but its big flakes , not lying or anything yet..plenty of showers coming into the west crossing the central belt. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Perhaps any of the following?

Scottish Weather Network shows live conditions across Scotland http://www.scottishweather.net/

Excellent lightning radar I always use very good for Scotland http://www.hebwx.co.uk/wxlightning.php

Thanks for those. Obvious one I missed out too http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/

Occasionally useful for some things, and the new look invent part of the site is at the very least aesthetically pleasing and fun to play around with.

I'm here too :D been lurking for a couple weeks now.

Do not lurk!!! Post up all and any questions, you have no idea what the Scottish community is like. We can and will help you ten times over. DO NOT LURK. Post. And collectively we will help and support you. The weather knowledge on this thread on this forum is second to none. Do not ever lurk.

Posted

Hello again! Yes it is a thought to jump in again - Kinda takes over your life doesn't it! Hopefully we'will have something to talk about soon!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Woo! Still one or two more to come in to complete the Fife contingent i.e. our friends in Baintown and Dunfermline, but I'm impressed at how many of us there are. And there are also some Fife based lurkers who we'd all like to welcome to the fold - don't be afraid, we won't bite. And remember, netweather isn't a lifestyle choice, it's just a part of who we are!

Posted

I wonder where that red blob is heading LS? Behind the Lomonds probably! Just looked out and it is sleeting lightly.

http://www.metoffice...ather/uk/radar/

Edited by Blitzen

Posted

Why the hell the met office haven't issued warnings for this I don't know. Some of the roads and conditions in the Highlands aren't great for driving. Hopefully most of Scotland will see an upgrade in warnings and perhaps some amber ones aswell.

look at the traffic cams on the A9 between Aviemore and Inverness!

Shower right now is more like wet snow than rain with some wet flakes.

Because the met office haven't issued any warnings the A9 hasn't had any snow ploughs or gritters!!! Just look at it.

It's definetly snowing here now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

I was just looking then. looks like as far south as dunfries has been pasted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards, snow and wild wind:-) x

Hi everyone. What a wonderful thread this is. Windy and a little wet here in the Borders tonight. We live on a sporting estate just outside Duns so no lamposts to watch. Save a small sliver of moon there isn't much light out there so can't tell if we have sleet or rain. x Wishing you all a wonderful evening. x

Why the hell the met office haven't issued warnings for this I don't know. Some of the roads and conditions in the Highlands aren't great for driving. Hopefully most of Scotland will see an upgrade in warnings and perhaps some amber ones aswell.

Shower right now is more like wet snow than rain with some wet flakes.

Because the met office haven't issued any warnings the A9 hasn't had any snow ploughs or gritters!!! Just look at it.

Don't get me started about the Met-O weather warnings.

Thursday early morning we had an amber warning which delivered one inch of rain.

Monday into Tuesday warning last week was yellow. We got over 5 inches of rain, my friend had to be rescued out of his car by the Coastguard helicopter as he was neck deep in water. There were cars with small children in them getting washed down the roads yet all the Met-O had out was a yellow warning. The rain event in Inverclyde on Tuesday was one of the worst rain events in the last 30 years yet all the Met-O had out was a yellow. At one point we were completely cut off, every road out of here was closed. There was absolute carnage, which was (slightly)

predicted by me the night before....

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Hi everyone. What a wonderful thread this is. Windy and a little wet here in the Borders tonight. We live on a sporting estate just outside Duns so no lamposts to watch. Save a small sliver of moon there isn't much light out there so can't tell if we have sleet or rain. x Wishing you all a wonderful evening. x

You might have to wait for snow...how close to Kelso are you??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

dumfries?

im not going to answer that. :sorry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Yes, that's me (but shhh don't tell anyone lol). I love this thread/forum because of the wealth of information it gives from all corners of Scotland - something that seems unavailable elsewhere. If I can't get my own snow it is nice to see/read about some not too far away!

It took me a while to find that -15c on last nights 18z - genius.

Posted

Don't get me started about the Met-O weather warnings.

Thursday early morning we had an amber warning which delivered one inch of rain.

Monday into Tuesday warning last week was yellow. We got over 5 inches of rain, my friend had to be rescued out of his car by the Coastguard helicopter as he was neck deep in water. There were cars with small children in them getting washed down the roads yet all the Met-O had out was a yellow warning. The rain event in Inverclyde on Tuesday was one of the worst rain events in the last 30 years yet all the Met-O had out was a yellow. At one point we were completely cut off, every road out of here was closed. There was absolute carnage, which was (slightly)

predicted by me the night before....

Actually the flooding on the fields here is perhaps the worst I've seen. The entire Kelvin Valley from Kilsyth to the edge of Bearsden had practically become a loch with cows stranded on islands.

Posted

I wonder where that red blob is heading LS? Behind the Lomonds probably! Just looked out and it is sleeting lightly.

http://www.metoffice...ather/uk/radar/

It certainly hit us this time! Intense sleet with some rather large flakes at times. Down to 3.2C/1C and hopefully it'll continue to drop in the clearing between that shower and the next bright blob motoring along the A85 then down the M90 to Fife....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards, snow and wild wind:-) x

You might have to wait for snow...how close to Kelso are you??

We are about 25 miles due north of Kelso. x