Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Hello everyone! I'm back too! Saw in the model thread a poster predicting 'disruptive' snow for Western Scotland tomorrow night.

What do we think for this, and is it too marginal to affect Glasgow much?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

It's like the biggest family reunion ever, this is epic. I am fine.

How are you???

great thanks. Looking forward to seeing some snow. We wld hate to waste our huge new snow shovel!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

How's u???

How amazing is this? Biggest party this side of Xmas. Everyone back together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

You are getting mushy Catch - r u Nope - that swear filter is too clever for mesed? :acute:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

A sneaky peak at the NMM for those of you who don't have it post-9298-0-60547700-1322953074_thumb.pn

Looks like overnight the focus will generally shift away from the central belt, towards the southern uplands and across the A86 corridor.

I'm somewhat sceptical of the East Neuk snowshield effect that's going on on this chart and was on last night's NAE but it would be an intriguing phenomenon to discover. Of course, it goes without saying that anywhere within 10 miles of a west facing coast is likely to see more snow as the nigh goes on. The action transfers back to central areas by mid morning, and by lunchtime many parts of Scotland will have had a covering of snow I reckon....

Edited by LomondSnowstorm

This thread deserves a prize or something- fantastic!

Ha ha you're just jealous IF.....get it right round you. We're getting snow and you're getting nothing :rofl:

You are getting mushy Catch - r u Nope - that swear filter is too clever for mesed? :acute:

I'm not mushy at all, we're all getting snow, get used to it :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: mediterranean summer

a freezing night here temps are 1.5c with a biting wind sleet and snaw even hail showers all day but the ground is saturated in fact its like a swamp so there is virtually no chance of anything lying for long in the conditions here. i suspect everyone in the western half of the country is in the same boat after the relentless rain and flooding over the past fortnight :clapping:

Posted

Hello everyone! I'm back too! Saw in the model thread a poster predicting 'disruptive' snow for Western Scotland tomorrow night.

What do we think for this, and is it too marginal to affect Glasgow much?

hey glaswegian blizzard the showers here to the north of Glasgow have been wintry with wet snowflakes mixed and each shower has got progressively more wintry. And that's with uppers above -5C. Tomorow morning -5C uppers would have arrived and I think by Sunday night we might have -6C uppers. I think the higher you are and the further away from the city you are the more certain you are for snow. But I wonder why they are saying significant snow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

great thanks. Looking forward to seeing some snow. We wld hate to waste our huge new snow shovel!!

Well if we don't get a flake it's my fault! Bought hubby a snow thrower for Christmas. Watch this...sods law!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

IT had better be heading East though!

Posted

Well if we don't get a flake it's my fault! Bought hubby a snow thrower for Christmas. Watch this...sods law!

A snow thrower = was peeking at them in costco! there'll no be any snaw then! :w00t:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

What makes you think this? Sounds great though!

Part ramping, part NMM, and part 'my god, look at all those bright colours on the radar out in the Atlantic'.

NL and other Moray Coasters are getting in on the first nationwide wintrinessfest as we speak - might make it through to Aberdeen with a bit of luck too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

A sneaky peak at the NMM for those of you who don't have it post-9298-0-60547700-1322953074_thumb.pn

Looks like overnight the focus will generally shift away from the central belt, towards the southern uplands and across the A86 corridor.

I'm somewhat sceptical of the East Neuk snowshield effect that's going on on this chart and was on last night's NAE but it would be an intriguing phenomenon to discover. Of course, it goes without saying that anywhere within 10 miles of a west facing coast is likely to see more snow as the nigh goes on. The action transfers back to central areas by mid morning, and by lunchtime many parts of Scotland will have had a covering of snow I reckon....

You RAMPER LS ! :lol:

Edit: then you beat me to it by fessing up to it ! :D

Edited by by-tor

Posted

Hi everyone, had a few sleety showers here tonight.

Here's to another interesting winter :drinks: (hopefully) !!!

Posted

cheers polar side.We are all set up and ready for whatever comes our way aren't we. Lots to look forward to this week.

Anyways night all, been a particularly busy day, so time switch off! Will check in early shift tmrw a.m.. :winky:

Just had a huge hail shower, the snow will be not far behind!!!

'mon the snow!!!!!

Posted

Gosh you are all so lucky ;-), really happy you are all getting the snow. Could you possibly blow a little bit towards me though? please, pretty please? ENJOY guys, have fun .

Posted

Jings. It's all kicking off in here! Just pooped into report wet snow and frequent showers. I'm in the borders this weekend near gala, about 1000ft up a hill. Suspect will have a covering by the morn. Good to hear doc there ghas been at least one shower made it thru to the 'Deen. Great to hear other wintry reports. I love winter!

Hi everyone, had a few sleety showers here tonight.

Here's to another interesting winter :drinks: (hopefully) !!!

Bring it on Polar Side!!! :) :) :)

It is coming....winter is coming.

Jings. It's all kicking off in here! Just pooped into report wet snow and frequent showers. I'm in the borders this weekend near gala, about 1000ft up a hill. Suspect will have a covering by the morn. Good to hear doc there ghas been at least one shower made it thru to the 'Deen. Great to hear other wintry reports. I love winter!

Snaw snaw snaw...let's go go go!! :) :) :)

cheers polar side.We are all set up and ready for whatever comes our way aren't we. Lots to look forward to this week.

Anyways night all, been a particularly busy day, so time switch off! Will check in early shift tmrw a.m.. :winky:

It will be an epic week SO :) :) :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

LS watch that wishbone snow shield now.... Good to see you on line ... whats NMM got progged for Thursday am