Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Weather Discussion Uk

Coast

Posted

Interesting thanks, I'm watching showers to the east with hope. These faint flashes are definitely coming from the south though with several faint rumbles heard now.

could be from a small cell which has just left weymouth and going west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

NP

Don't give up yet still time for something to happen, I'm down at Christchurch quay looking over to the iow, fingers crossed

Hi - I'm in X'Church and we had 2 flashes about 15 minutes ago approx. 4 miles to the NW.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder & Lightning, Snow, Wind

Lightning To South east bright flash and thunder started raining thunder about 30 secs later

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

I'm thinking Plymouth could be hit soon. Glad some of you are getting your storms.:drunk: Except poor Steve of course.:unsure:

Posted

Started raining here too after big flash and bang to south I think

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

post-11361-0-61248800-1304112281_thumb.p

the next batch is further inland!...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Looks like some mid level convection possibly drifting into east Anglia (heading towards Norwich)...There are no echoes on radar, but the sat24 infra-red imagery does show cold, suggesting deep and high cloud tops....might just be worth keeping an eye on this...If it does amount to anything then it will track westwards across the midlands into mid wales....Nothing definite mind, just something to watch for maybe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Looks like you're in for round 2! Really should think about getting to bed but I don't want to miss anything and I enjoy reading everyone's reports!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

are you to the east or west of weymouth?

About 30 miles east.

Edited by Luke Best

Posted

yup, i can confirm im seeing these faint flashes, followed sometime later by faint rumbles out to the south.... long long way away and not coming any closer unfortunately!!!

Posted

yup, i can confirm im seeing these faint flashes, followed sometime later by faint rumbles out to the south.... long long way away and not coming any closer unfortunately!!!

i'm watching the meto precip radar and iow site, and estimating the direction of travel.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

yeah I just saw one large flash! more connective activity in the channel as well.

Posted

I'm thinking Plymouth could be hit soon. Glad some of you are getting your storms.:drunk: Except poor Steve of course.:unsure:

Thanks JL, as I said a lot better than I was - the fact I posted proves it, very difficult to type with fingers in your ears! Before I had a phone that could do Internet I once ended up in hospital with a heart rate that wouldn't go below 180! That was as scary as the storm....

Steve

Edit: Anyone know if it's possible to get the ip board iPhone app to show posters locations - I tried to use my browser to post and get a 500 error.

Edited by sabre999uk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder & Lightning, Snow, Wind

yeah I just saw one large flash! more connective activity in the channel as well.

I am guessing same one I saw too from a distance ..... was really bright and filled the whole south east of sky from my viewpoint! Thats all I saw didnt see another flash after

Posted

Thanks JL, as I said a lot better than I was - the fact I posted proves it, very difficult to type with fingers in your ears! Before I had a phone that could do Internet I once ended up in hospital with a heart rate that wouldn't go below 180! That was as scary as the storm....

Steve

that is serious.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Storms just north of me on the south downs, enjoying tonight :)

Posted

Why has anything to my east coming near me constantly been weakening all day? I'm pretty sure the weather would actually break the laws of physics to stop me getting a decent thunderstorm.. :(

demographics, topagraphy, any number of factors. seen anymore?