Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Weather Discussion Uk

Coast

Posted

Can hear some deep rumbles out to sea yey! First of the year :-)

Nice one, Its good to see that French cell had pretty much reached the English shores and left the French shores and it looks as it it has not lost much energy. It is so slow moving though I think it will give a great show as dusk turns into night.

Posted

Certainly looks like the storms will stay in the Channel/skim the South Coast, so those of you lucky enough to live on the Coast, enjoy the lightning show when it starts to get dark :drinks::good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Well I'm sorry but its a dark as can be right now and there is no thunder, no lightning. If this was to be 'it' it would be happenin'.

I'll stick to the negativity :D

;)

c'mon man the storm/rain is still a good 35miles south-east of you, at least wait till it's almost over you then give up if still nothing!:good:

Posted

Well I'm sorry but its a dark as can be right now and there is no thunder, no lightning. If this was to be 'it' it would be happenin'.

I'll stick to the negativity :D

;)

Your choice. I was expecting it would come to play this evening so am started to get excited. At 8pm I am hitting the road with the camera.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Hello MR CB and Coasty, yes rummbles abound here in Eastbourne. :-)

Posted

Hello MR CB and Coasty, yes rummbles abound here in Eastbourne. :-)

Is that the rich party food you've been on all day Jas? :rofl:

All I can hear at the moment is the party somewhere in Langney with a big beat sound system, that will stop shortly if this rain comes any closer!

Posted

Loop it from 6pm to now and tell me its not migrating NW'wards. With more cells building Easterly along the flank. Even if you don't get a Lightning event as your expecting there's bound to be significant flooding in some parts from the ground being so concentratedly dry with not having any rain for barely 2 months. And now all of this lot being dumped over it in the next upcoming hours.

Posted

Hello to the fellow Eastbourne posse! Some large convective drops and a louder rumble here - I've gone back indoors. Off out inland now so will sadly miss any 'out to sea' light show (if any) :-(

Edited by MR CB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Posted

Hello to the fellow Eastbourne posse!

:hi:

Big drops of rain now and a distant rumble - first of the year and on the edge of expectation from the charts earlier!

Posted

I'd have to say what appears to be an MCS now over the channel is surviving and retaining electrical activity presumably because it is based above the boundary layer. Even the homegrown storm is keeping going well so maybe some activity well into the evening ?

Posted

I'd have to say what appears to be an MCS now over the channel is surviving and retaining electrical activity presumably because it is based above the boundary layer. Even the homegrown storm is keeping going well so maybe some activity well into the evening ?

thats what i am counting for :)

car is fuled kit is charged :)

just drinking coffee and radar watching for the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

wonder if the french storms might make it to Gloucester later? i can but hope :0)

Hi Phelpsy,

Another Gloster one on the forum aye :)

There is a good chance of stuff hitting us later, However this will only happen if these storms make it across the channel in once piece..

If they manage it and then become organised again, we will be sorted :)

One can only help :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

are you joking your all giving....up! that stuffs still coming across the channel fast and its intense!!!!

thats exactly it..its only the start of the action! ive been reading the thread and thanks for postings all the sat/rad/lightning, as when on mobile it does make it easier than downloading myself, on the pc now.

anyway all exciting, that inland storm is impressive, watching and watching developments heading in from otherside..

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Is that the rich party food you've been on all day Jas? :rofl:

All I can hear at the moment is the party somewhere in Langney with a big beat sound system, that will stop shortly if this rain comes any closer!

:D reguler channel thunder booming just off the coast here in Hastings now. The last rumble shook the walls of my flat. Getting nearer and more frequent in the last half hour. Come on dusk, i want to see that lightning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Well i didnt think we would have any thunderstorms here today.

Quite a nice surprise :D I'd say around 4pm we had some thunder and lightning. Quite some loud thunder and lots of rumbling from all around it seemed. We also had a little rain, big drops. Temp got up to 19c here and felt very muggy.

Posted

Hi Phelpsy,

Another Gloster one on the forum aye :)

There is a good chance of stuff hitting us later, However this will only happen if these storms make it across the channel in once piece..

If they manage it and then become organised again, we will be sorted :)

One can only help :)

Can see il be glued on here later haha!

Posted

That storm is now in Wales just pivoting over the Beacons and just to the north of me :wallbash:

gutted! sky went dark to my north, got a slight shower and could smell that smell of conductive rain.....looks as though the land is forcing some further conduction ten mile north of me, hail core has reappeared!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

Its great Dads flying back from Portugal. Line of storms from germany =